Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bassman2
In 100% agreement. 15 days till Texas Biggie, YES SIR!!!! Hopefully I will be able to master my pitting skill by then..............
I am working on my pitting skills as well. I promise I wont let anyone run out of fuel this time. "Shut up and Drive, I will tell you when to pit." Foot in mouth.

Chaderick, agree 100%. I got flamed by the one person you are talking about for telling someone to come race at the biggie. Glad the 'rules' for this race are what I recommended in those posts. Thanks Wild Bill for the 'lets get people here to race' rules for this years Biggie! I was hoping the Serpent car would be out by now, so I may have to get another DM1. I for sure want to have a car ready to go for the the nat's in Houston.

Looks Like I will be pit bitch for everyone this race.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mosaics12
im looking for this part if you have them and want to sell it just let me know so i can run my GT2 again

the gear that im looking for is the one in the middle of the pics. if you have a set i will take if you give me a good price ;D i need both front and rear.

thanks
You should just buy both ring & pinion gears new, chances are if you wipe out one the other is damaged too. Even if it doesn't show, a wear pattern is made.

Best advice is to try to get the gears from the 777 buggy, they're straight cut, made of higher quality metal material and much stronger.

Good luck!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default Blue diamond raceway GT race

Blue diamond raceway in Newcastle Delaware is having a big DM1/GT race on 7/31/2011. I would like to invite all GT racers out to this nice track to have a good time. As far as I know its pretty much a open class with rubber tires.
http://bluediamondpark.com/#app=e3ef...electedIndex=8
Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default Blue diamond track

I'm the yellow corvette my car was running about 85% well this day I was trying to get it dialed in. Tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzLORCqjF3g
Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

jrz93,

Working on getting pics of the electric GT car. Got rained out this evening so no testing running. I will probably try a 18T pinion on my next run. Since the ESC/motor temps were low with a 15T, let see how much more heat will be generated going up three more teeth. I am still working on getting a 4-cell LiPo to wake the Orion system up.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
You should just buy both ring & pinion gears new, chances are if you wipe out one the other is damaged too. Even if it doesn't show, a wear pattern is made.

Best advice is to try to get the gears from the 777 buggy, they're straight cut, made of higher quality metal material and much stronger.

Good luck!
Yes, definitely go with upgraded gears mentioned. And space accordingly.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodash
I'm the yellow corvette my car was running about 85% well this day I was trying to get it dialed in. Tell me what you think

I think I'd like to be there! And mate you need more cars over there, seems like a fantastic place to drive.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=You should just buy both ring & pinion gears new, chances are if you wipe out one the other is damaged too. Even if it doesn't show, a wear pattern is made.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Yes, definitely go with upgraded gears mentioned. And space accordingly.
yes this is a new gear just missing that parts got it from bay.. since most or some1 upgrade there gears they might have this in there tool box.. im buildin my gt2 back to where i can use it and race it.. i just need a bodt and this missin parts then she ready to go

which one i could use
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...vel-Drive-Gear
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ion-Gear-ST-RR
Old 05-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Default Blue diamond track

[QUOTE=MikaR;9100178]I think I'd like to be there! And mate you need more cars over there, seems like a fantastic place to drive.[/QUOT

Cool I hope you can make it to race. The facility is nice
Old 05-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

I'm a bit far away but thanks anyway. Hope it will be a good one! Cheers
Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

The 1st one is not good for you because its a straight cut, won't fit the ring gear. The 2nd one could mesh, but its the truggy pinion, ok for a short track, but would be like running 5:86 rear end gears in your daily driver.

You might just try to find the "MA" part number from the owner's manual and seach for it, good luck.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

DeShaun,

Whats up big fella?

Cool video of ya mixing it up with Mike, give my best to all the fast guys at Blue Diamond.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Blue diamond raceway in Newcastle Delaware is having a big DM1/GT race on 7/31/2011. I would like to invite all GT racers out to this nice track to have a good time. As far as I know its pretty much a open class with rubber tires.
http://bluediamondpark.com/#app=e3ef...electedIndex=8
Very nice track. It kind of resembles the layout at the track in Puerto Rico that the Carribean Cup and Ipanema Worlds 2012 will be held. It would be a good tune-up track (race-wise) for anyone that wants to get an idea of how the Puerto Rican track is laid out and run.

Last edited by JLock; 05-12-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mosaics12
im looking for this part if you have them and want to sell it just let me know so i can run my GT2 again

the gear that im looking for is the one in the middle of the pics. if you have a set i will take if you give me a good price ;D i need both front and rear.

thanks
Gotta check my parts bin when I get home but I believe I have it...if so ill pm u cause ill be at county gas but late prolly sometime after 9
Old 05-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default SWCS Race #2 at Porter, TX

Here is the video of the SWCS Race #2 1/8 GT open class in Porter Texas. Thank you Bill for filming the video and thank you David for the editing of the video. Enjoy guys

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGkNBwsvWyc
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVo57cBSgw8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.