GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I really hope that some day I can inspire all the "factions" that are developing in the GT community to come together under the same "banner" and advance this class for what it is - a FUN, and very cost effective way to compete without introducing all the costs associated with the classes from which some of our drivers have come. These are SUCH cool cars, and I KNOW that if everyone were to meet under different circumstances, we'd all have a great time throwing back a beer and bench racing until the wee hours of the morning. The common denominator is the GT class, and we all gravitated to it for many of the same reasons. If we could all find it within ourselves to withhold a negative comment here and there and stay focused on what this should be about, which is to have a hell of a lot of fun with a bunch of people that share a common interest, it will start looking like a hobby that we're supposed enjoy. Let's leave the infighting to the classes where they forgot LONG AGO that it's supposed to be fun. ;o)

Gashuffer - that's one of the best looking GT bodies I've ever seen. I never thought blue and green could go together that well. That's a talented painter.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SteveP
I really hope that some day I can inspire all the "factions" that are developing in the GT community to come together under the same "banner" and advance this class for what it is - a FUN, and very cost effective way to compete without introducing all the costs associated with the classes from which some of our drivers have come. These are SUCH cool cars, and I KNOW that if everyone were to meet under different circumstances, we'd all have a great time throwing back a beer and bench racing until the wee hours of the morning. The common denominator is the GT class, and we all gravitated to it for many of the same reasons. If we could all find it within ourselves to withhold a negative comment here and there and stay focused on what this should be about, which is to have a hell of a lot of fun with a bunch of people that share a common interest, it will start looking like a hobby that we're supposed enjoy. Let's leave the infighting to the classes where they forgot LONG AGO that it's supposed to be fun. ;o)

Gashuffer - that's one of the best looking GT bodies I've ever seen. I never thought blue and green could go together that well. That's a talented painter.
this may hav come up b4 but is there any updates with oficial rules being made for the class from ROAR? Just wondering, seem like that could help the bickering/development...
Old 05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCnut4Life
this may hav come up b4 but is there any updates with oficial rules being made for the class from ROAR? Just wondering, seem like that could help the bickering/development...
You know, even it this was to happen soon, you would still not make some here happy. The best thing to do is attend any GT races that you can, have fun racing your car, and steer clear of the bickering/discontent.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, I've been making some progress on the rules. I apologize that they haven't been released yet. I'm trying to tackle many issues that I think are very important, this being one of them, but it's tough to balance it all at once. Just to put one issue to rest, there's no validity to the rumor that ROAR will not allow the wider rear tires. I think the wide tires are a positive development for the class in providing enough traction for the rear of the cars, which have always had a degree of over-steer and rear tire degradation, that they're finally a little easier to dial in.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Kitchen, please either PM me some photos or post some! I really would rather be running a LOSI.
Sorry for the delay...BUT...I took the car apart, cleaned it up and took pic's of all the custom work with my machinist cell phone, I could only guess he spelled my e-mail wrong! I never received them...got to get up with him in the a.m. and try this again...I know the itch is killing you but hang tight, I'll lay them all out as soon as I get them!

ask anybody who knows me...I'll get it for you!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes, I've been making some progress on the rules. I apologize that they haven't been released yet. I'm trying to tackle many issues that I think are very important, this being one of them, but it's tough to balance it all at once. Just to put one issue to rest, there's no validity to the rumor that ROAR will not allow the wider rear tires. I think the wide tires are a positive development for the class in providing enough traction for the rear of the cars, which have always had a degree of over-steer and rear tire degradation, that they're finally a little easier to dial in.
cool, is there a predicted timeline in mind or still not known?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Done! I should get it in a few days.
That's a fantastic looking GT Warrior body!

Thank you very much for sharing it with all of us, all the best to you!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Thanks for the kind words guys. Larry who is Kustom RC Graphics did it for me. He has a thread in the Paint section. He is phenomenal with an airbrush.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
I think I've got this handled. I can order Kyosho parts direct from them through the hobby shop that I work at on weekends. I have built many of electric and nitro cars and got this project under control.
One minute you are asking everyone to get along, then when someone has a suggestion, this is how you respond.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Steve, I really think that is what everyone wants!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
One minute you are asking everyone to get along, then when someone has a suggestion, this is how you respond.
Like I stated, I've got this project under control. This was a conversation between myself and jrz93, bouncing ideas off each other since he was doing the same thing. We have not really gotten along for quite some time so I don't understand why all of a sudden, you want to try to give me helpful advice/information.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
Like I stated, I've got this project under control. This was a conversation between myself and jrz93, bouncing ideas off each other since he was doing the same thing. We have not really gotten along for quite some time so I don't understand why all of a sudden, you want to try to give me helpful advice/information.
Its called letting bygones be bygones, I guess you are not interested. So be it. I tried.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jlock I will post some pics as soon as I figure out whu rctech says that my cameras files are too large??? I use the 777 rear shocks and gt1 front shocks as my setup w battery and motor are in the rear carrying most of the weight
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jrz93
Jlock I will post some pics as soon as I figure out whu rctech says that my cameras files are too large??? I use the 777 rear shocks and gt1 front shocks as my setup w battery and motor are in the rear carrying most of the weight
Cool deal. When I get a chance, I will post some pics of my car. It looks good with the original RTR red Ferrari body on it.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve, we're glad to hear from you even if it isn't what we want to hear yet. I hope you can have us something soon, even if it needs to be fine tuned as time goes on. Thanks for listening and hope to hear that the rules are in place soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.