Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You're an animal Mika. I love all the crazy stuff you do . It just makes me smile and Hummm, I might try this.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey FGsupply.com is throwing a Grand Prix race so if anybody in Sounthern Cal is interested in racing your GT8 Nitro or GT8 Electric bring them out.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Mika I use to race boats and we used two tanks all the time. These where airplane tanks and we ran them in series, ome dumping into the other one and that one to the engine. It won't work good if you use a T because you are dividing the pressure between the 2 tanks. The thing with this is that unless both tanks have exactly the same amount of fuel, fuel lines and pressure lines the tank consumption will not be the same. What this means is that once one of the tanks runs dry your fuel pressure will drop completly and the engine will shut down. Remember that fuel and air like any other fluid will go where there is the least amount of pressure (or load). So the air presure will go to the empty tank and can even open the lid. In the boats we presurized the first tank and since the other one depended from the pressure from
the first we used a manual pump to fill the first then the second. I haven't tried open tanks with this since with boats a fuel leak is a no no.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jneg
Mika I use to race boats and we used two tanks all the time. These where airplane tanks and we ran them in series, ome dumping into the other one and that one to the engine. It won't work good if you use a T because you are dividing the pressure between the 2 tanks. The thing with this is that unless both tanks have exactly the same amount of fuel, fuel lines and pressure lines the tank consumption will not be the same. What this means is that once one of the tanks runs dry your fuel pressure will drop completly and the engine will shut down. Remember that fuel and air like any other fluid will go where there is the least amount of pressure (or load). So the air presure will go to the empty tank and can even open the lid. In the boats we presurized the first tank and since the other one depended from the pressure from
the first we used a manual pump to fill the first then the second. I haven't tried open tanks with this since with boats a fuel leak is a no no.
Question about the two tanks, doesn't kind of upset the balance as one of them empty when starting out with that heavy of a fuel load? I have a nitro short course conversion that uses a 1/8 scale buggy tank and gets a very nice run time, but I notice a small change in handling as the fuel load changes... I've had to do some tuning to find a good balance in the truck throughout the run.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedfreaked90
Question about the two tanks, doesn't kind of upset the balance as one of them empty when starting out with that heavy of a fuel load? I have a nitro short course conversion that uses a 1/8 scale buggy tank and gets a very nice run time, but I notice a small change in handling as the fuel load changes... I've had to do some tuning to find a good balance in the truck throughout the run.
Also what most people do not know is that when the first tank is epty the motor will run leaner..
Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Ok, thanks. Well, I'll skip the 2 tank idea and will try this buggy with centax and rear pipe & rotostart setup instead. I hope it will be cool, the gear is now taller by 2 teeth --> more top speed & cooler engine and centax will provide a punchier take off. We'll see it soon (later today).

Spooky, thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
Also what most people do not know is that when the first tank is epty the motor will run leaner..
That makes sense, a motor only has so much pressure before it equalizes to the exhaust pressure. With that much volume to overcome it would more than likely lean out as the first tank empties. Not so critical in a boat that has a adjustable needle, not good for a nitro car motor...
Old 06-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

First test runs done - Success!!

+ Pipe, so realistic that I cannot believe it!

+ Centax, motor seems to love it, very stable idle

+ Gearing, 15/46 feels about right in this setup

Very nice parking lot racer, gotta say! Shouting for a video...

Old 06-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Leave it to you Mika to figure that bad boy out Bro!

Nice work!!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
First test runs done - Success!!

+ Pipe, so realistic that I cannot believe it!

+ Centax, motor seems to love it, very stable idle

+ Gearing, 15/46 feels about right in this setup

Very nice parking lot racer, gotta say! Shouting for a video...

Mika can you give more detail pics of pipe set and parts used, would like to try that.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

sure - it's really easy, IGW007 is complete and has all you need, check Kyosho America website for details. Thanks
Old 06-16-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Mika, Kyosho is gonna love you for resurecting sales of that pipe set, lol
Old 06-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Send my regards to Steve, I accept PayPal for bonuses
Old 06-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

You crack me up Bro!

Have you been checking out the Stanley Cup games?

Congrats Boston fans!!

Good stuff Brother!!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, I watched it live at 03:00 AM from ESPN America HD.
Congrats to Boston, Canucks were tired, they had no chance. Actually "the game seven" wasn't any good except maybe for Bruins fans. I'd expected more fighting and hitting, blood & sweat, but I didn't get any. Too bad for the finn Sami Salo, but on the other hand another finn Tuukka Rask (2nd goalie) got his ring & name on the Cup. Sorry off topic fellas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.