Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Steve, we're glad to hear from you even if it isn't what we want to hear yet. I hope you can have us something soon, even if it needs to be fine tuned as time goes on. Thanks for listening and hope to hear that the rules are in place soon.
Why so glum?

Very doubtful that he's gonna halfazz any rules and "fine tune as time goes on"; its not the man's style dude.

.... but did you hear the good news from Steve?

Wide rear slicks are in, no birdies about it!

See ya at the GT Nats Spooky!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Thanks for the kind words guys. Larry who is Kustom RC Graphics did it for me. He has a thread in the Paint section. He is phenomenal with an airbrush.
Great color selection, great artist, real nice work. Thanks

Try to post more pics when she's done, ok
Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Steve, we're glad to hear from you even if it isn't what we want to hear yet. I hope you can have us something soon, even if it needs to be fine tuned as time goes on. Thanks for listening and hope to hear that the rules are in place soon.
+1 well said Spooky
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Kitchen, please either PM me some photos or post some! I really would rather be running a LOSI.
I'm @ work right now so I don't have much time to post all the pic's I want with a good description of what's been done...but here a few quick clicks...I'll post more later>>>---<<<Maybe I can sneak a few descriptions in

paint job by CR GRAPHICS...this the body I won from Jojo @ Blue Diamond Park...and Jojo said ...and I qoute..."this body's coming home with me" not ...the wheels and tires are premounted Sweep 45's

with the addition of the longer cb and the center diff moved forward, the electronics box and servo has to be chopped for clearance.

steering servo chop.

The shaft on the left was cut down from the original, the other was sleeved and then welded for more strength...so far the latter is the winner!

my first, we named him "piece of $h!+"...may he rest in pieces

The rear drive shaft is the Losi 8T front shaft...perfect length...the top of the center case has to be dremeled inside for the big gear to spin free and the brake cam from the front brake is now used in the rear, notice the "race bend" on the brake lever !

fits like a glove.

I'll give a better write up later with more pic's<<<

Last edited by Kitchen; 05-11-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Thats creative Kitchen, thanks!

Rock on!!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Thats creative Kitchen!

Rock on!!
I never have any free time but always have time for this...go figure
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kitchen
I never have any free time but always have time for this...go figure
Hear that!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+2 Thanks Steve and well said Mr. Spooky
Old 05-11-2011, 03:29 PM
RT3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What /wheels/tires do you guys suggest for running around on the street? I'd like to find something fairly cheap (if possible) so I can just drive around for fun, doing slides, and burnouts. If you have a link of where to get them, please post it!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Posted a few more updates to my build!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

For those who run a GT2 are you using the long or short wheelbase setting? You know, the spacer in front(long) or behind(short) the rear upright.

** Kitchen don't forget the fuel bottle. See you Sunday.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

I'm new to on-road but I have been racing off-road on and off for 6-7 years. I have been biting my tongue while reading some of the previous posts. Most of the racers in the GT class that I have met and raced against are a fun bunch of guys always willing to lend a hand and give input. From what I have read on this forum there are at least two individuals that comment nearly everyday that seem to have a lot of input. These two also seem to always be in the middle of the negative drama. Either taking something personal or throwing out comments of there own. It's sad because these two could also help move this class forward but the ego's keep getting in the way. I have personally raced against one and all I heard was bitchin and wining during the whole race, what a drag I'm not going to mention any names but I think the majority of the members that read this forum know who I'm referring too. It doesn't seem to take much to get them worked up either. Hell this post alone may get them going, hopefully not this is not my intention. My hope is that the new guys to the sport don't take this forum as a sign of what this class is about. Again the guys I race against locally are all real fun and the competition is not only fun but we can trash talk and no one gets bent out of shape. I got out of this sport (yes I said sport not a hobby) because of all the drama a few people always must be apart of. Let's challenge each other to make each other faster and remember we are doing this for fun. I'm going to the Texas Biggie in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to some good competitive racing along with some nights shooting the shit with the guys. This is what it is all about Everyone is going to have an opinion, if it doesn't match yours no big deal. It's after all just an opinion. What works for one may not work for the next guy. Now how many days till the Texas Biggie? Is it race time yet??
Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

In 100% agreement !!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chaderick
I'm new to on-road but I have been racing off-road on and off for 6-7 years. I have been biting my tongue while reading some of the previous posts. Most of the racers in the GT class that I have met and raced against are a fun bunch of guys always willing to lend a hand and give input. From what I have read on this forum there are at least two individuals that comment nearly everyday that seem to have a lot of input. These two also seem to always be in the middle of the negative drama. Either taking something personal or throwing out comments of there own. It's sad because these two could also help move this class forward but the ego's keep getting in the way. I have personally raced against one and all I heard was bitchin and wining during the whole race, what a drag I'm not going to mention any names but I think the majority of the members that read this forum know who I'm referring too. It doesn't seem to take much to get them worked up either. Hell this post alone may get them going, hopefully not this is not my intention. My hope is that the new guys to the sport don't take this forum as a sign of what this class is about. Again the guys I race against locally are all real fun and the competition is not only fun but we can trash talk and no one gets bent out of shape. I got out of this sport (yes I said sport not a hobby) because of all the drama a few people always must be apart of. Let's challenge each other to make each other faster and remember we are doing this for fun. I'm going to the Texas Biggie in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to some good competitive racing along with some nights shooting the shit with the guys. This is what it is all about Everyone is going to have an opinion, if it doesn't match yours no big deal. It's after all just an opinion. What works for one may not work for the next guy. Now how many days till the Texas Biggie? Is it race time yet??
In 100% agreement. 15 days till Texas Biggie, YES SIR!!!! Hopefully I will be able to master my pitting skill by then..............
Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default bevel gear and rear shock tower

im looking for this part if you have them and want to sell it just let me know so i can run my GT2 again

the gear that im looking for is the one in the middle of the pics. if you have a set i will take if you give me a good price ;D i need both front and rear.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.