GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes Paul Colman won with GT2. It was great battle with him and Ofna.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbo713
hey next year come check out at 301 and also check out the I95 showdown gt cars and you will see our track
Yes please come an check out 301 raceway I think its probably a little bigger than vagas track the straight is much longer as sighted and this guy here whose post this is drives the Dm-1 and is very fast and a excellent driver and we all drive at 301 raceway and pretty much can get some of the best driving from the GT class cars and 301 raceway supplies plenty of friendly help and they have covered pit areas with electric too and tire truer area and body wash station and a awesome computer system, they also have plenty of parking, hotel minutes from the track and food for sale too if you were to visit I guarantee you will enjoy yourself and the competition will be great like tbo713 said check out the race on you tube I-95 gt race at 301 raceway and hes the fast Dm-1 guy that blazing around the track, I know Ive seen him!!! We just want for the GT class racers to consider joining races at 301 raceway just like we plan on joining other tracks to race too!!! they most definitely do prize trophy races as well!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
I messed up the original GT2 gearing by not checking mesh. Once mesh was set I ran three qualifiers, the B-main and part of the A-main at Vegas (big track). There doesn't seem to be any wear on that gearset. "Think tight mesh and your troubles will float away" (think voice from Calgon commercial - soothing bubble bath)
Thanks alot I really appreciate the advice and info,But we are just trying to get the GT class just as popular as the 1/10th sedan and 1/8th scale on-road cars and we like to support all races and all track too no-matter what region its in and we also want GT racers to come to 301raceway for excellent GT racing!!! we have plenty of DM-1's, IGT, IGT2, DM1S's,and GTP's Too!! we just wont other GT class drivers to come out and enjoy the track and the competition and the great environment!!!!! the track is 100% well maintain!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BiggDogg33
Thanks alot I really appreciate the advice and info,But we are just trying to get the GT class just as popular as the 1/10th sedan and 1/8th scale on-road cars and we like to support all races and all track too no-matter what region its in and we also want GT racers to come to 301raceway for excellent GT racing!!! we have plenty of DM-1's, IGT, IGT2, DM1S's,and GTP's Too!! we just wont other GT class drivers to come out and enjoy the track and the competition and the great environment!!!!! the track is 100% well maintain!!!

WOW BD33 - that sentence is as long as our back straight!!!!!

And Zoot is correct - MESH is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
I haven't seen a stripped gear all season.

Doc

Last edited by onerun; 11-12-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by onerun
WOW BD33 - that sentence is as long as our back straight!!!!!

And Zoot is correct - MESH is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
I haven't seen a stripped gear all season.

Doc
My Bagg Man!!! I just be rushing! and thanks too.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

I am not sure how much of a GT2 is required to call it a GT2.

Originally Posted by garen
Paul's car was the most 'different' of the four with a mix of GT/GT2/STR and handemade parts.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

I think 301 has one of the longest back straights in the nation over 240 feet. 8th scale on roads regularly hit 72 mph + in races back there. Gearing for 301 is a not that hard but you will wind your motor though it's powerband. 301 has many 180's. I haven't run my GTP or my IGT on that track yet. (My Serpents have many miles on it!) The local drivers of GT cars at 301 work the hell out of their cars on that big blue monster!

Last edited by GHETTOTEACHER; 08-23-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks for showing the pic of 301 raceway!! (please view)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
I think 301 has one of the longest back straights in the nation over 240 feet. 8th scale on roads regularly hit 72 mph + in races back there. Gearing for 301 is a not that hard but you will wind your motor though it's powerband. 301 has many 180's. I haven't run my GTP or my IGT on that track yet. (My Serpents have many miles on it!) The local drivers of GT cars at 301 work the hell out of their cars on that big blue monster!
Thanks Ghettoteacher for sharing that picture of the 301 raceway I've been trying to show all the GT class drivers around the states that 301 raceway means business and its kept up 100% and you can really get a good race on here and the track is ready for pure performance and that the next year season will be awesome for GT class racing so everybody please check out the picture of 301 raceway,and Paul coleman we will love to have you visit and all the other great GT drivers!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Robert R
Yes Paul Colman won with GT2. It was great battle with him and Ofna.
Thanks. Would be nice to see Paul's car how different it is (was) from a stock box GT2.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

From all I've seen and heard (from some who have raced at 301), it is an excellent facility. Yes, I am envious! I hope to make it out there in the future.

However, there are pockets of racers around the country who stage their own races and can't make it to all the great race tracks in this country.

We have a small dedicated group of 1/8 racers (including IGT) here in Spokane, WA, who race on a temporary parking lot track. We setup a track this year that was 325ft. by 125ft. Only one 180 in the design!! Back straight was 240ft. Believe me, the monkeys were screaming!!
The course was very flowing & very fast, with a min. of 15ft. lanes, but yet quite challenging. With one lane change, the track was ideal for 1/10 scale, or the timid novice. I have pics on my phone but they don't do the track justice.

We changed the layout a few times this season. The last layout was a short course, so that we could practice for the regionals which were held at Timezone Raceway. You really had to change your mentality for that one!
We aslo set up a course to emulate the Silver Bowl track in Las Vegas, as we were making a trip to there also.

We are working dilligently with the city of Post Falls, Idaho (20 min. drive) to create a permanent facility there. We hope this will come to fruition next year. When it will be finished, we will have a complete r/c park including an airfield large enough for jets, offroad track for kids, rock crawling space, huge competitive offroad track, and of course a paved onroad track/pits app. 325' x 225'.
We're just waiting for some legal stuff to be approved, and the land to become available as it is currently being leased out.

We hope to have a facility to rival 301 and any of the other "major" tracks in the country - right here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Hope to see you at a track soon!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Jspeed,

Finally got my first official win with the IGT1 at Bvoltz' Big Chill race this past weekend. TQ'ed the class in the last qualifier and lead for much of the 30min main. But, I stripped second gear (seems to be a big problem now with the car) about 8 minutes in and had to hold off the competition with just one gear (won by one lap over second place).

Almost have my IGT2 engine broken in and will have it ready to roll next season. Hope to be racing against you in the very near future.

Juan
Congrats on your win!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Cooler? MPG?

Ok Testing,

We have had been having some nice weather on and off here in the NE and I was able to get some runs in.

Now I was not just having fun (yes I was) but testing an exhaust pressure valve on my IGT-1. Now here is the set up:

Temp - 70 deg sunny
Lot - Smooth asphalt
Humid - Low about 50% or so
Wind - Mild
Exhaust valve setting - 3 turns open

Without all the details of the run the valve provided a very consistent idle and smooth throttle response at final setting 2.5 turns open. The engine temp was 230 - 250 I am sure the low outdoor temp and humid played a part in that but the temp stayed in that range all day and longer run time as well.

I can't wait to really test it in the summer/race conditions to see how it works. My next test will be the exhaust cooler to see how that works. Is anyone else testing these types of products?

B
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-dscf0359.jpg  
Old 11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

From all I've seen and heard (from some who have raced at 301), it is an excellent facility. Yes, I am envious! I hope to make it out there in the future.

However, there are pockets of racers around the country who stage their own races and can't make it to all the great race tracks in this country.

We have a small dedicated group of 1/8 racers (including IGT) here in Spokane, WA, who race on a temporary parking lot track. We setup a track this year that was 325ft. by 125ft. Only one 180 in the design!! Back straight was 240ft. Believe me, the monkeys were screaming!!
The course was very flowing & very fast, with a min. of 15ft. lanes, but yet quite challenging. With one lane change, the track was ideal for 1/10 scale, or the timid novice. I have pics on my phone but they don't do the track justice.

We changed the layout a few times this season. The last layout was a short course, so that we could practice for the regionals which were held at Timezone Raceway. You really had to change your mentality for that one!
We aslo set up a course to emulate the Silver Bowl track in Las Vegas, as we were making a trip to there also.

We are working dilligently with the city of Post Falls, Idaho (20 min. drive) to create a permanent facility there. We hope this will come to fruition next year. When it will be finished, we will have a complete r/c park including an airfield large enough for jets, offroad track for kids, rock crawling space, huge competitive offroad track, and of course a paved onroad track/pits app. 325' x 225'.
We're just waiting for some legal stuff to be approved, and the land to become available as it is currently being leased out.

We hope to have a facility to rival 301 and any of the other "major" tracks in the country - right here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Hope to see you at a track soon!
Theres no reason to be envious of 301 raceway, its not for just certain people its for all who wants to come and race, at 301 raceway its all about having fun and getting the hobby to grow and to teach those who want to learn and 301 raceway isnt for say the best track out here its just a track to take advantage of and can help you improve your driving skills and help you using different setups and tires, the track was built so that all r/c racers can come and enjoy thereselves without all the hassle,but dont knock the track because its nice just come and enjoy it and enjoy the competition too and the whole environment, 301 raceway races all classes and everybody from around the world really enjoys thereselves and always come back,but we never say that its the best track just trying to get the GT racers around the world or states to come and visit and bring there racing skills and enjoy thereselves too!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

You missed my point. I'm envious of the fact that you have a permanent facility at your disposal and that we don't - yet. I enjoy every track I race on, it's just that it's a 1,000 mile drive to the nearest permanent track right now.

Our tracks are set up each time we race, but IMHO we have set up some of the best tracks even the best racers have ever run on. And of course, we tear down after racing each Sunday. So......fortunate are those w/a perm. track!!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

You missed my point. I'm envious of the fact that you have a permanent facility at your disposal and that we don't - yet. I enjoy every track I race on, it's just that it's a 1,000 mile drive to the nearest permanent track right now.

Our tracks are set up each time we race, but IMHO we have set up some of the best tracks even the best racers have ever run on. And of course, we tear down after racing each Sunday. So......fortunate are those w/a perm. track!!
OK I understand what u are saying,but im just trying to get alot of GT racers to come to 301 raceway for some of our GT races and enjoy thereselves and to let them know that they will feel right at home and they will enjoy the facility too, but only if its not a biggie to get to 301 raceway to race, we know alot of racers are from different states that are far away but if you want to treat yourself please come an visit In there future I will be posting all 301 races so if GT class drivers do or able to attend we can really enjoy the competition just like we plan on traveling too!!! to visit other tracks for the love of the hobby!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.