Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I put PMT 30's in the front and it was ok it just took a long time for the tires to make more grip but by then the track was drying again and I was pushing more and more then I blew a plug, replaced it and it blew again so my engine just took a dump, it had alot of miles on it and it was a .21 Picco EVO II.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

I have a Kyosho MP777 SP2 that I would like to convert to a GT. Has anyone done such a conversion? Is it worth the trouble and the $$$$. If so can you share the needed part numbers and place to buy them.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Erchur
I have a Kyosho MP777 SP2 that I would like to convert to a GT. Has anyone done such a conversion? Is it worth the trouble and the $$$$. If so can you share the needed part numbers and place to buy them.

Thanks!
Eduardo,
Just to let you know Nitro house has the DM-1 pro spec kit car for $330 but with their 20% off till the end of November the kit will cost aprox $270. I think your conversion will run you close to the same, so it is something you should consider....

You will need for the IGT conversion....
1. Bumper set
2. Shock towers
3. body mount set
4. Body
5. tires
6. 2 speed unit (avoid the new 21/40T 2nd gear combo for racing)

I have done a hyper 7 Rally game conversion and it didnt cost me very much. This is what I did...
1. Ofna GTP bumper set
2. Ofna GTP body mount set
3. Strip of carbon fiber to mount the rear body posts
4. Tires
5. Body

I ran the single speed 44T plastic gear for the mp-7.5 / mp-777 center diff and 15T clutch bell. Motor was a OS Speed Vspec .21

Hope this Helps.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ssrods1
THANKS
good win Ron!!! Seems like every one had a good time in kiss. I hope all the races turn out like that!!! Good clean fun!!! NO Crying!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pit-master
good win Ron!!! Seems like every one had a good time in kiss. I hope all the races turn out like that!!! Good clean fun!!! NO Crying!!!!!
The GT class seems to be picking up pretty good!!! I'm seeing more and more DM1's every week! Making the class more competative! GO OFNA!!!!!!!!! Hope to see all the GT's this sunday at SS RACEWAY!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Jspeed,

Finally got my first official win with the IGT1 at Bvoltz' Big Chill race this past weekend. TQ'ed the class in the last qualifier and lead for much of the 30min main. But, I stripped second gear (seems to be a big problem now with the car) about 8 minutes in and had to hold off the competition with just one gear (won by one lap over second place).

Almost have my IGT2 engine broken in and will have it ready to roll next season. Hope to be racing against you in the very near future.

Juan
Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vadn1
Eduardo,
Just to let you know Nitro house has the DM-1 pro spec kit car for $330 but with their 20% off till the end of November the kit will cost aprox $270. I think your conversion will run you close to the same, so it is something you should consider....

You will need for the IGT conversion....
1. Bumper set
2. Shock towers
3. body mount set
4. Body
5. tires
6. 2 speed unit (avoid the new 21/40T 2nd gear combo for racing)

I have done a hyper 7 Rally game conversion and it didnt cost me very much. This is what I did...
1. Ofna GTP bumper set
2. Ofna GTP body mount set
3. Strip of carbon fiber to mount the rear body posts
4. Tires
5. Body

I ran the single speed 44T plastic gear for the mp-7.5 / mp-777 center diff and 15T clutch bell. Motor was a OS Speed Vspec .21

Hope this Helps.
Just A quick question why you say avoid the new 21/40 2nd gear combo fo racing!!!! and what combo do u suggest and why!! Thanks
And hopefully next season we can get alot of GT races at 301 raceway!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BiggDogg33
Just A quick question why you say avoid the new 21/40 2nd gear combo fo racing!!!! and what combo do u suggest and why!! Thanks
And hopefully next season we can get alot of GT races at 301 raceway!!!!
After seeing first hand a fellow racer go through 3 gear in 3 weekends and reading about other IGT2 owners as well, I have come to the conclusion that the new gearing can't seem to hold up to hard racing enviorments. As for the original IGT car the gears are much better for racing conditions.

Last edited by vadn1; 11-12-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Jspeed,

I stripped second gear (seems to be a big problem now with the car) about 8 minutes in and had to hold off the competition with just one gear
Juan
Mesh... It's all about mesh. Set it real tight and make sure that both gears are in alignment and you should have no problems. I was concerned about how tight I set the mesh, but, it spun freely. The only problems I have had were when I didn't set the mesh properly, the engine mounting screws worked loose or I trusted the factory mesh setting when I ran the GT2 for the first time. Otherwise... miles of racing without stripping gears...

Last edited by Zootcapri; 11-13-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default trying to understand the Inferno gearing!!

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Mesh... It's all about mesh. Set it real tight and make sure that both gears are in alignment and you should have no problems. I was concerned about how tight I set the mesh, but, it spun freely. The only problems I have had were when I didn't set the mesh properly, the engine mounting screws wroked loose or I trusted the factory mesh setting when I ran the GT2 for the first time. Otherwise... miles of racing without stripping gears...
So U agree that along as you get the mesh tight with the new GT2 gears you will be ok and the gearing is or maybe better for racing compared to the GT1 gearing, with the different gearing from both of the GT2 and the GT1 which gearing will be better for long tracks and short tracks or is one good for torque or rpm's just wanting to know so that I can understand the gearing patterns!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

After seeing first hand a fellow racer go through 3 gear in 3 weekends and reading about other IGT2 owners as well, I have come to the conclusion that the new gearing can't seem to hold up to hard racing enviorments. As for the original IGT car the gears are much better for racing conditions.
Well I also had that problem too, when I first got my GT2 I raced it straight out the box at the I-95 race at 301 and I also stripped 2nd gear and I thought it was because of the mesh because I broke my engine in by taking the clutchbell off and doing it like a break in bench, but before the mesh gave out and the 2nd gear stripped the car looked very good and had great top end speed and was pulling good too I dont know if you all ever been to 301 raceway but it has an awesome straight away and sweeper where you actually can see your motor full potential and the track is HUGE TOO!!!!!! but thanks for your advice and im going to try both gearing from both Infernos to see what I like!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BiggDogg33
So U agree that along as you get the mesh tight with the new GT2 gears you will be ok and the gearing is or maybe better for racing compared to the GT1 gearing, with the different gearing from both of the GT2 and the GT1 which gearing will be better for long tracks and short tracks or is one good for torque or rpm's just wanting to know so that I can understand the gearing patterns!!!

I ran the 43/19 (GT1 Ferrari) second for parking lot tracks and the 40/21 (GT2) for big, open tracks.

It sounds like 301 is alot like Vegas... the straight is about 180-190' and all the turns (even the 180's) are wide.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

I messed up the original GT2 gearing by not checking mesh. Once mesh was set I ran three qualifiers, the B-main and part of the A-main at Vegas (big track). There doesn't seem to be any wear on that gearset. "Think tight mesh and your troubles will float away" (voice from Calgon commercial - soothing bubble bath)

Last edited by Zootcapri; 11-13-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Gt2

Gt2 wins Vegas seen the imfo on Kyosho wedsite.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

hey next year come check out at 301 and also check out the I95 showdown gt cars and you will see our track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.