Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Berry
Finishing those projects grants me permission to race....(I'm getting used to married life already, lol).
Sounds like a desperate cry for help to me. "grants" you "permission" to race.
If you get any more "used" to it you will be picking out doily's on the weekends instead of racing. ........ or maybe she was looking over your shoulder when you typed that? oh crap, I hope my wife doesn't see this.... uhhhh....I gotta go............coming dear
Old 05-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

www.midwestseries.com has been updated with race report, photo gallery, and corrected point standings after Cincinnati.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Next up, Chi-town! Let's get those pre-regs in! I hope you GT guys from Cinci attend. We should have some of the IGT guys from leisure on hand. Let's keep it growing..
Old 05-22-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

I believe I left a blue glow plug igniter on the pit bench in Cinc at the MWS race. It has my name on it. Did anyone happen to see it?
Mark
Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Chairman Duneland...you have a PM and I will do the pre-reg @ Door County watching deer, grass and river (while wrenching the 720...LOL)
Old 05-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

4 days left before the second race!!! CHICAGO cant wait.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default practice

does anyone know if there will be any practice on friday in chicago? or is it just going to be on sat morn before the qualifers?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Correct me if I am wrong...

For the past 3-4 years, there are no practice on Friday because the lot that MWS is hosting race is a private own parking lot and there are ppl still working in the plant on Friday...like every year, CRCC will setup track likely around 5pm for the SAT and SUN event.

On the side note.....76 on SAT and 73 on Sunday.....NICE.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

any hotel info ? for race #2
Thanks
Randy
Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Randy
Motel 6 is the best deal for that race. It’s only about 7-8 minutes away.

Well I’ve only missed 1 MWS race in the last 5 years, but this weekend is going to make it 2. I really enjoy the Chicago track and hate to miss it. I hope the weather is nice for everyone there and I encourage everyone to try and attend if at all possible. I’m sure you’ll like the track that Don and his helpers lay out.

Hope to see everyone at the next MWS race.

Mark
Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Any information on the Chicago event? Attendance, results, interesting happening?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Congrats to the Chicago winners (just got the phone call)...

Ira Schultz in 8th 4WD (TQ Kurt Lechel)
Paul Lemiuex in 200mm (& TQ)
Not sure in IGT Class
Steve Lazarus in 8th Masters
Not sure in 200mm Masters

Weather was perfect especially on Sunday and total of 48 entries....
Old 06-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That would be me in GT, after Bobbo flamed out in his last pit stop. Up to that point, he and I traded the lead a few times, but mostly he led by about 4 seconds over me. I had an engine that fell out of tune early on (lost the little exhaust extension tube, throwing the engine lean).

Fun race, and, as you said, perfect weather.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brian Berry
Congrats to the Chicago winners (just got the phone call)...

Ira Schultz in 8th 4WD (TQ Kurt Lechel)
Paul Lemiuex in 200mm (& TQ)
Not sure in IGT Class
Steve Lazarus in 8th Masters
Not sure in 200mm Masters

Weather was perfect especially on Sunday and total of 48 entries....
Brian....Walt Gorczowski TQ and WIN on IGT.

Mario Liberman TQ in 200mm Masters.

Thanks MWS and CRCC for the great weekend....also, having lots of fun pitting with Socko and Andy P. Good win for IRA on his 1/8th....I will send my bill to MUGEN and I will give you a special discount for the Byron Race... (Job well done btw..)

Thanks chairman RON T for running the show...and thanks for getting me those tires and rear wing, plus demonstrating how to use 10 glow plugs to finish a 30 minutes A-main....
Old 06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Highlights have been covered. Photos and report will be up in a few days.
In brief, we had a quality race weekend. Weather forecast from early in the week, turned out to be wrong. So what looked like a possible total rain-out turned into a beautiful race weekend.
We had a good mix of 1/8 brands represented- a couple of Motonicas and a couple of Shepherd Velox were present, in addition to the usual mix of Mugen, Serpent and Kyosho.
Kurt took TQ with his Shepherd. He had that thing dialed! It carried corner speed better than any other car I observed.
The top 5 brands in qualifying were; Shepherd, Mugen, Serpent, Serpent and Shepherd. Ira(Mugen) started his 1/8 MWS experience with an A-main win.
My own performance improved somewhat over a disasterous start in Cinci. Fortunately we had 6 chances at qualifying, as my first 4 attempts were dnf. Sunday morning started out much better with better grip, cooler temps & more power, I was able to put in a solid run to move up to 6th. Final attempt was going much better but ran out of fuel on last lap.. I was able to limp around and finish, died completely just after the scoring line. Lost Masters TQ by a couple of tenths to Don Jones. Things went south for me again in the main when I started going through glow plugs---lots of glow plugs! The engine was a bit undershimmed and I had none of the right type.. Should have changed engines before the main, but didn't expect that much trouble...Thanks to my over-worked pit crew (Mike and Nick) for getting me back on track.
The GT guys were having a blast! I saw one get stuck up against a board, goosed it a couple of times and drove OVER! Just like a truggy...
Lots of good racing action...Next up is Mentor! See you there. We will have some goodies for hand out at Mentor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.