Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I'm looking at this and the problem is going to be the servo placement. Well I think I'm going to try it out.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by skywalker
Change the front hub carrier cause when ur tire is out of shape it won't hv contact with it. I've done this cause it cost me one of my A main final due to the contact.
Or you could try not to crash and your wheel won't be crooked.

I'm not saying that I don't crash, but I don't see why i should change a design because I hit the wall and now my wheel is warped.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Here are some cheap Uni's http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3190134748
Old 04-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nitropimp
OK guys I've just downloaded the V one RR Evo Manual online www.kyosho.com. Looked at page 9 the steering setup for the V one RR Evo. Looked at my G4. Saw that there's a center hole right under the steering servo saver (if centered). I was thinking if you remove the center body post you might be able to adapt the Kyosho steering. But here's the problem if I get that to work how do I attach the servo. You have to lay down the servo the other way. I guess if I remove the transponder holder and mod the upper deck it can be done. Well I know J Fast has a Mod (thanks bro) but I'm going to order the Kyosho parts and try the mod on the G4. I have an extra chasis. If anybody can help with some ideas please post them. But download the Kyosho Manual and tell me what you think about the hole in center of the chasis not used on the G4.

BTW- Shouldn't TM's RD been doing this?
You might look at using the Xray EVO 2 steering crank, it looks like it may fit in there?
Old 04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

JBrake- Went to TeamXray.com couldn't find the Evo 2. Do they have there manuals online?

thanks
Old 04-29-2004, 03:35 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nitropimp
JBrake- Went to TeamXray.com couldn't find the Evo 2. Do they have there manuals online?

thanks
Go to www.mytsn.com Go to tech book and find the X Ray T1
i-manual. It's the same servo saver for the Evo. It looks as if this one would provide a better Ackerman option, closer to the G4's, but still it takes a different mounting of the steering servo. What is needed is a servo saver that has the pulling - pushing arm
in- line and not at 90°, i t would not require modifying the servo's position. The one i've seen like that is the one from the Hobao GP4, but the car isn't for sale yet. Anybody out there knows of a servo saver like that????
AFM
Old 04-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

hi guys,
i have no problem with the steering, but i read from the problems and i search for a straight servo saver.
i have found it on the explodet view from the schumacher fireblade evo.

dieter
Old 04-29-2004, 04:01 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by 4racer
hi guys,
i have no problem with the steering, but i read from the problems and i search for a straight servo saver.
i have found it on the explodet view from the schumacher fireblade evo.

dieter
Now that looks good, it has two options for Akerman angle.
Can you post the link for Schumacher???
AFM
Old 04-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

yes i can
www.racing-cars.com

the link to the servo saver is
http://195.92.181.95/schuk/product_more_info.asp?dept%
dieter
Old 04-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Ok guys we're getting there. Thanks. 4racer the second link to the servo saver doesn't work on my computer. I think if I can find a servo saver that is not in line we can get it to work. Do you guys see the hole in middle of chasis that I'm talking about? It's directly under the middle body post. So I think that hole will work on holding the servo saver. I'm going to my LHS Friday and they carry alot of X-ray stuff maybe I can look at the servo saver and try it. The schumacher one I think I'll have to order. But AFM you are absolutly right you need a push pull servo saver. Then the mounting of the servo won't be a problem. Hey I'm getting excited I think we're gonna figure this out. JFast how's your mod doing??? Did you get a chance to go to the track today??
Old 04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

I tried to log in the Schumacher www but it won't let me (have to enter a country 1-100 characters long?????)

If anybody knows where I can see an exploded view of this Fireblade Evo??

thanks,
Old 04-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default Problems

HI guys,

Sorry about this but I have not got time to review each post, so was hoping for some quick answers, as I am racing tomorrow, and have just finishing building the kit.

Problem 1:
I noticed that I have the Steering servo assembly centered, however when I try to turn left, it doesn't go all the way across. If I take it off the servo it travels the whole distance. I am using the KO Propo 2343 servo.

Problem 2:
The rear of the car seems to be quite hard compared to the front, as anyone else notice that.

Thanks

Sami
Old 04-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Your shocks may not have been bled properly. Which will cause your shock to not compress properly. If you are a pro at shock building, sorry for insulting your intelligence.

The G4 stock setup has a very stiff rear end as for compression goes. But it drives great with stock settings.

As for turning. You have to get your servo centered just right and the arm calipered to the right length.

I noticed that same problem when I built my kit. But its not really a problem. Its just proper adjustment.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys, i glued my shock tower back together with some super glue and i took off the side belt and i ran my car yesteday!! I couldn't resist. The glue held up fine. Its stronger than the plastic itself. Hopefully it doesn't rain cause i have my motor almost broken in!!! One or 2 more tanks i feel i can then start leaning it out. I still have oil dripping out just cause i want to motor to be lean. Man i can't wait till i can lean this baby out. I want my rear gear diffs to be harder more like a solid axle. WHat weight diff fluid should i use? The rear wheels are so easy to turn. I don't know how to explain it but i read on how to see how tight your gear diffs were and i did that and it was pretty easy to turn one wheel when i held the other one still. Let me know whats a good fluid to stiffen that up a little back there. I'm using the stock stuff now.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-30-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Diff oil

I have a mix of 10000 and 5000 in my rear and had not had any issues with it. I am running on pavement and it holds up well. I am considering swithing to the sold rear axle to see if there is any difference.

As far as the xray steering, it looks as if it is the same steering on my nitro snow mobile. It looks like it may work but I don't know the durability of it. I know I have durability issues with the snow mobile one. Unless the parts are made of aluminum, there will always be wear and tear on those parts. I hope TM is seeing all the R&D we are doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.