Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

It's the cups that come with the k factory front one-way.

Right here:

http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...cat=437&page=3
Old 03-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Did your G4 not come with the one-way? Did you have to buy yours seperately? Probably doesn't have much to do with the problem you're having, but it seems like a simple problem that can be fixed with a replacement part.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys I know I have to put the G-4 on a step up board before I go on the track. But on page 11 Step 5 the front assembly setup. The book says 33 mm (inside specs) for the steering rods. This can't be right my car looks like it just hit a crack pipe. 33mm?????
Old 03-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by KMac
Anybody know the part number and stock status of the drive cups for a front one-way? Every time a dogbone pops out the drive cup falls out as well. So far I've been able to find it every time but I fear my luck will soon run out.

Also, are there longer dogbones? Stopping every 10 minutes to look for the dogbone and drive cup and re-installing them is starting to piss me off royal!!!! I tried a dogbone off of a Yokomo GT-4 (it's 56 mm vs 52 for the G4) but it's just a hair too long and will cause binding. It looks like a 54 mm will be the perfect length.
KMac,

Yes. Team Magic did produce longer dogbones, and it includes in the newest kit batch. With longer dogbones (55 mm) you don't need those o-rings anymore. But I have aproblem using these dogbones for rear as they're too long for 198 track width. I just replace it with Kyosho (52 mm)

Here's the part# :
K1409-1 G4 & V1 One-Way Joint Cup (2)
Old 03-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Nitropimp
Hey guys I know I have to put the G-4 on a step up board before I go on the track. But on page 11 Step 5 the front assembly setup. The book says 33 mm (inside specs) for the steering rods. This can't be right my car looks like it just hit a crack pipe. 33mm?????
Yes, it is 33 mm. But of course you have to re-setup again since mostly people use diferent trackwidth and of course it infects your front toe adjusment. Feel free to adjust it, just remember that those right & left turnbuckle length has to be equal. This is a good starting point to have steering balance.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Super Fast shipment from HK!!! Thanks..........................,AAA++++!!
Really I must being doing something wrong. I have them set at 33mm both sides and Front hubs set at 3mm and 2.5mm for the bottom and this is what I have. The wheels look JACKED. As seen in the pics. This is with the steering rail in the center. What I'm I doing wrong??....

Can anybody see from the pics what I did wrong?????
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-dsc00061.jpg  
Old 03-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Looks like you have your tie rods too long. That should be fairly obvious. There's nothing else that you can adjust for that either.

So, just make 'em a little shorter. Maybe you are measuring it the wrong way?

Oh, I just noticed. Those steering knuckles aren't stock. Maybe there's a different adjustment for those and then 33mm for the stock steering knuckles.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah the steering hubs are not stock. AAAAA that's the prob. Man... AggDaddy come out to NorCal and I owe you a lap dance.... Thanks......
Old 03-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Glad to help out a fellow nitro tourer. I see you already have some hot mods installed. Good luck on your maiden run.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Your problem is with the aftermarket steering rack/servo saver. It has the ball ends mounted further out than on the original plastic one. You have to shorten the tie-rods to account for it.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks...... I'm going to put it on a setup board. I totally forgot about the Hop Ups affecting the stock stearing setup. Sniffing to much Nitro Fuel... Hopefully have the car ready this weekend. One last question I know Rc_Alan likes KO servo but what's a good steering servo that you guys suggest???? Throttle shouldn't be a problem, right?? Just the steering because there's not alot of room to mess with, right?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by KMac
Your problem is with the aftermarket steering rack/servo saver. It has the ball ends mounted further out than on the original plastic one. You have to shorten the tie-rods to account for it.
Yes this is true. With the K-factory servo saver, you have to shortened the tie-rods about 3 mm.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Thanks...... I'm going to put it on a setup board. I totally forgot about the Hop Ups affecting the stock stearing setup. Sniffing to much Nitro Fuel... Hopefully have the car ready this weekend. One last question I know Rc_Alan likes KO servo but what's a good steering servo that you guys suggest???? Throttle shouldn't be a problem, right?? Just the steering because there's not alot of room to mess with, right?
I prefer Sanwa VX (Very high torque to reduce posibility for broken servo). And I think Sanwa servo is the most fit in shape for TM G4 steering.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Daniz24- Yep 30 mm was the magic number..... That threw me off!!!....

This is the Blue Man Car..... She almost done. Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-dsc00068.jpg  
Old 03-30-2004, 08:05 AM
Regional Moderator

This is the Blue Man Car..... She almost done. Here's a pic.
Cool.... Mine is all silver Hey, I notice that you don't use the alum hex wheel and rear belt tensioner. Go get 'em !!! Those are the most important optional parts for G4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.