Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

I will hopefully be building my new Trinity G4 soon, Post from U.S seems to take a while

Well woth the wait tho
Old 03-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

RCnut- Thanks, another question I just attached the rear bulkhead to the chasis and it seems to be tight. Tight in that when I turn the diffs with the belt is really tough. Is this normal?? Will it loosen up after time. I checked the brake and it looks good.

thanks,
Old 03-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Its normailly the knobs on the pulley rubbing on the brake pads that everyone has trouble with. Besides that, I don't know what other problems the G4 has out of the box.

oh yeah, LOVE that avatar! Can't just glance at it. Gotta stare for a few seconds.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Aggdaddy- yep that's what it's. So do I use a dremmel and grind away???

Yeah she's has a way doing that to people. LOL
Old 03-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

yeah I figured it out......................thanks!!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Yep, you gotta shave a little off from the inside groove of the brake pad, and you'll never have a problem with it again.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody know the part number and stock status of the drive cups for a front one-way? Every time a dogbone pops out the drive cup falls out as well. So far I've been able to find it every time but I fear my luck will soon run out.

Also, are there longer dogbones? Stopping every 10 minutes to look for the dogbone and drive cup and re-installing them is starting to piss me off royal!!!! I tried a dogbone off of a Yokomo GT-4 (it's 56 mm vs 52 for the G4) but it's just a hair too long and will cause binding. It looks like a 54 mm will be the perfect length.

I've already tried the CVD's but they bent very easily and they're way too expensive to have to replace monthly.

Other than that, I've got my car flying on our local track. We've got a 90 at the end of the main straight followed by a short chute then another 90. I can turn it into one giant sweeper as long as I cut the first corner within inches of the boards. When I do, I can literally adjust how wide (or not) of a sweep the car will take by making throttle adjustment only. Yesterday I passed one car on the outside through the short chute then let up on the throttle slightly to cut down to the inside of another car and pass him as well. All with no steering input. This car is amazingly predictable and fast through turns; much faster than my current skill level can realize.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default cvds

the cvds from the reflex nt work perfect an i think they are alot stronger. go on ebay or the buy;sell,an trade forum u may find a reflex roller the belts an pulleys work on the g4
Old 03-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

The ones I used were from a Reflex.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

KMac, How much clearance do you have between the pivot ball hub and the arm? Perhaps, you have it too wide?

With stock settings as indicated by the manual, I can't see how your dogbones would be falling out. I use o-rings on both ends of the dogbone.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Front width is 198mm.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default Frontdiff

Originally posted by KMac
Anybody know the part number and stock status of the drive cups for a front one-way? Every time a dogbone pops out the drive cup falls out as well. So far I've been able to find it every time but I fear my luck will soon run out.

Also, are there longer dogbones? Stopping every 10 minutes to look for the dogbone and drive cup and re-installing them is starting to piss me off royal!!!! I tried a dogbone off of a Yokomo GT-4 (it's 56 mm vs 52 for the G4) but it's just a hair too long and will cause binding. It looks like a 54 mm will be the perfect length.

I've already tried the CVD's but they bent very easily and they're way too expensive to have to replace monthly.

Other than that, I've got my car flying on our local track. We've got a 90 at the end of the main straight followed by a short chute then another 90. I can turn it into one giant sweeper as long as I cut the first corner within inches of the boards. When I do, I can literally adjust how wide (or not) of a sweep the car will take by making throttle adjustment only. Yesterday I passed one car on the outside through the short chute then let up on the throttle slightly to cut down to the inside of another car and pass him as well. All with no steering input. This car is amazingly predictable and fast through turns; much faster than my current skill level can realize.
its sounds that you have to try a front diff
Old 03-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

dont think fitting a front diff is the anwser, car would lose to much corner speed.
i have had a set of 3racing v one r universal drive shafts in my car since august last year and never bent or damaged one yet, are you losing dogbones/bending cvds while car is on full lock, or just on excursions from the track
Old 03-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

....when banging the boards with the wheels turned. It doesn't take much hit to knock them out, either.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe something is stripped? Have you tried replacing those arms and pivot ball hubs?

I know I have hit a wall so hard that my front wheel cracked then broke off. But my dogbone stays put.

Are you sure you have the right drive cups installed? Maybe they are too small.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.