Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 05:33 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diva

Haven't I told you that the 5-star rear graphite shock tower plate provide an extra lower hole for the shocks? That's what I meant by "We like holes"
But still no RR rear shock tower!
Old 01-21-2002, 05:45 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Looks like there are a lot of Kyosho parts out of stock in HK
Yep... the car is too popular!!!! there is basically no RR spares available right now! Understand that they are having problems even in Japan!!! Latest rumour is that RR conversion kit 'may' be available end of this week!!!....... maybe!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

Just got a V1R. Can I have some advice on how to build the diffs properly with out leaking? I am intending to use 30000 in front and 5000 in the rear. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Hi,

Just got a V1R. Can I have some advice on how to build the diffs properly with out leaking? I am intending to use 30000 in front and 5000 in the rear. Thanks.
Forget the diffs. Get the oneways and solid axle with VDS shell. That's the way we built the cars.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

But we are running touring car bodies and rubber tires... is it still possible to run oneways and solid axles? Thanks.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
But we are running touring car bodies and rubber tires... is it still possible to run oneways and solid axles? Thanks.
you may still run with a front one-way with rubber tire.

the diff is actually well made and you shouldnt havemuch problem when building it. just make sure you dont put excessive diff oil in it and it will not leak. besides, use 3mm machined screws instead of the stock 2.5mm self tapping screws as the stock screws will loose up sooner or later.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

has Mr. Manticore taken Mr. Fok out to Lunch or Dinner wile Mr Fok is on his vacation
Old 01-21-2002, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
has Mr. Manticore taken Mr. Fok out to Lunch or Dinner wile Mr Fok is on his vacation
No, Mr. Fok doesnt want to show up with his bad legs !
Old 01-21-2002, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore

you may still run with a front one-way with rubber tire.

the diff is actually well made and you shouldnt havemuch problem when building it. just make sure you dont put excessive diff oil in it and it will not leak. besides, use 3mm machined screws instead of the stock 2.5mm self tapping screws as the stock screws will loose up sooner or later.
You can also use sealant on the gasket to further seal the diff. Use a gasket sealent (here in the US it's a product called Permatex so I don't know what they have in Singapore) and spread a thin layer of it on the gasket you place in between diff case and cover. As far as the 2.6 mm screw, I don't have a problem with those since I use the gasket to seal the diffs.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Diva

Forget the diffs. Get the oneways and solid axle with VDS shell. That's the way we built the cars.
DANGIT Thats's the death of Touring Cars! Pretty soon all the cars will look like 1/8th scale cars! If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent Impact). TOURING CAR IS TOURING CAR! That's why it was created! To have cars that sort of actually look like mass production cars. Oh well...I'm just ranting (I also own a V-ONE R with front one way and solid rear, Lola VDS body, and foam tires hehehehe )
Old 01-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

No, Mr. Fok doesnt want to show up with his bad legs !

Wha what? Where am I suppose to show to? Is Manticore giving me his cars? If so I'll walk anywhere.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adelmundo

DANGIT Thats's the death of Touring Cars! Pretty soon all the cars will look like 1/8th scale cars! If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent Impact). TOURING CAR IS TOURING CAR! That's why it was created! To have cars that sort of actually look like mass production cars. Oh well...I'm just ranting (I also own a V-ONE R with front one way and solid rear, Lola VDS body, and foam tires hehehehe )
that's right, your money goes to the right place and you decide for it. Have fun.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Wha what? Where am I suppose to show to? Is Manticore giving me his cars? If so I'll walk anywhere.
I have an unwanted Tamiya boxster !
Old 01-21-2002, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

W Fok will hobble anywhere for quality RC stuff
Old 01-21-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by adelmundo

But are we having fun with what ya got last time I saw you you just turned your fastest laps at Delta with your touring car I did see that smile on your face

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.