Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Engine mounts

I can't understand why the instructions don't highlight the need to loctite the screws that go into the top of the engine mounts. I would have thought this was critical. Anyone care to suggest the reason behind the omission?

They seemed to have covered the loctite notations everywhere else but.
Old 05-26-2002, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Engine mounts

Originally posted by Glenn
I can't understand why the instructions don't highlight the need to loctite the screws that go into the top of the engine mounts. I would have thought this was critical. Anyone care to suggest the reason behind the omission?

They seemed to have covered the loctite notations everywhere else but.
If you look they also omit the need to loctite the pilot shaft or SG nut on, the screw on the end of the bell housing and the collar onto the end of the layshaft.

My old Racer 2 never had ANY mention of loctite in the instructions. At my LHS recently a guy returned a monster pirate and tried to claim a warrantly. He said the manual did not specify that the grub screws had to be loctited into the outdrive cups on the main drive shafts and they had come loose and damaged the diff output shafts. The manufacturer denied the claim.

Just follow the rule, "loctite all metal to metal contacts".
Old 05-26-2002, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Body help!

Lola Body help!
I just picked up two painted Lola bodies for my VoneRR and boy am I excited to get them mounted! Just one problem, Every other body I have ever put on any car I ever had has alway been hacked to peices by me when I start to cut window holes, body mount holes and wheel well cutouts! Does anybody have an old beatup body that is cut out all ready that I can place on top of mine and trace out? I am willing to pay a reasonable price for it! I just dont want to hack mine up so they get ugly!

Old 05-26-2002, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Body help!

Originally posted by Dookiestick
Lola Body help!
I just picked up two painted Lola bodies for my VoneRR and boy am I excited to get them mounted! Just one problem, Every other body I have ever put on any car I ever had has alway been hacked to peices by me when I start to cut window holes, body mount holes and wheel well cutouts! Does anybody have an old beatup body that is cut out all ready that I can place on top of mine and trace out? I am willing to pay a reasonable price for it! I just dont want to hack mine up so they get ugly!

Thats the prob when you buy pre painted bodies you cant see threw them to mark out the holes properly...
I have one only prob is iam to FARRRR AWAY....
Old 05-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Body help!

Lola Body help!

In case you cannot get a used body as a reference,

a tips to help on cut out of engine/filter and body posts.

You work on the tallest object on the car first i.e. engine/filter, handle, and then body post.

You need a lighting touch to do this..........

level the body above the chassis with the engine head touch on the body.

use the touch to project the engine head shadow on the painted body. you might need to rotate the position of the touch to get the engine head profile on the body shell. Mark the engine head profile on the body shell when you are doing so.

so on so forth, do it the same on the next tallest object and cut out before you move on the next object.

Hope this help.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Manticore,
when it comes to artistic stuff like that, I SUX!! I just need a old beatup body someone is willing to sell to me cheap.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Manticore,
when it comes to artistic stuff like that, I SUX!! I just need a old beatup body someone is willing to sell to me cheap.
Noted !!
Old 05-27-2002, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Manticore,
I wonder if the Kyosho lola that comes with the V1RR comes with the cutout areas marked into the Lexan? Anyone?
Old 05-27-2002, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

yup
Old 05-27-2002, 02:06 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer

I wonder if the Kyosho lola that comes with the V1RR comes with the cutout areas marked into the Lexan? Anyone?
Only problem is that not all Lola are the same!!! The Kyosho, Yokomo, Kawa and Frewers are all slightly different so as to make it quite hard to just slap one on top of the other for measurement. The Frewers are a good 1 inch shorter in length!!
Old 05-27-2002, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

I was thinking that Dookiestick can buy a Kyosho Lola and use this is a template. I would send him mine but the postage would be killer
Old 05-28-2002, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Manticore,
just simpily buy a same made LOLA, mark the body and copy it onto the painted body !!

You will need a new body sooner or later wont you?
Old 05-28-2002, 11:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Owell! I'll just hack it up!
Old 05-30-2002, 04:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dedication To The Strength Of A V-One R!

People,

I had an accident today with a large bit of marine rope today at roughly between 40 - 50 km p/hr.... I am glad to say that th V-One R came out with flying colours, unfortantuetly my rim didn't as you will see from the photos... Obviously Neo need to take some lessons with regards to quality from Mr Kyosho!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-may30_01.jpg  
Old 05-30-2002, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And Again!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-may30_02.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.