Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 12:37 AM
Regional Moderator

I don't see any thing wrong with Lola type of bodies. It looks fine and handles like dream. I would say it handles 10X better than Stratus which is the best handling touring body now.

Today's touring racing is not the good old touring racing anymore. All you see on the track is Stratus.

Old 01-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

power to Lola bodies!
Old 01-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Jonathan
DANGIT Thats's the death of Touring Cars! Pretty soon all the cars will look like 1/8th scale cars! If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent Impact). TOURING CAR IS TOURING CAR! That's why it was created! To have cars that sort of actually look like mass production cars. Oh well...I'm just ranting (I also own a V-ONE R with front one way and solid rear, Lola VDS body, and foam tires hehehehe )

Hey
I am tired of you lola haters... If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent.... If I want to spice up my Chinese food, are you going to tell me to just get Mexican instead. Dude... you can make your point, but don't use that arguement...because they are two completely different cars. Size of tires, motor, weight are all factors that attribute to different handling traits. If you have driven these diff. cars, you would know that. :

As far as death to touring cars. Why are you so concerned? Granted, the outlaw classes are gaining popularity and yes rc car manf. are making the touring cars faster...But touring cars will always have a place, because there will always be those that are attracted to the realism of the Stratus Race Cars ... I tell you what... if there is a way to go faster and you choose not to... then that is your perogative. But don't come out here and at other boards campaining against lolas because some of us want to choose to go faster. Sorry for being harsh, but as one of the orchestrators of the very first outlaw class races in Northern Ca, I take serious offense to any attempts that threatens the future of this class.

Which leads me to...York and Fraz have publicly stated their displeasure in how the fate of this class is determined by a disporportionally large number of beginner and sportman class members (most likely to vote against ) vs the expert class which want to run foams. They also said they would not run Castle this year if foams don't get voted. Don't know about you. I for one would hate to see these competitors leave.

Last but not least is that this open class has lead to some spectacular creations (ie, Dansby's floating rear mount ) and other ghetto ingenuity. All of which breaks up the monotany of just cleaning your car. Again...I am not ranting to be argumentative, but to all you lola haters, this time I had to say something.
[/QUOTE]

Jonathan: Damn!...if there is anything that I admire, it is some
real back bone and spunk....you have just earned yourself
lunch at Lupe's Cafe at Antioch this weekend (if it doesn't
rain!...otherwise, raincheck!). I for one, agree with you....
that sedan racers have a right to run rubber tires, a sedan
body (read: Protoform or Andy's STRATUS sedan body) and
a 0.50 HP engine so that they don't spin the tires...is a given...
but it will always be beyond me in the land of the free that
people try their darnest to deprive others of "freedom of
choice"....wow!...you got me on the soap box......
Old 01-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

I think the main problem with Lola and foam on touring cars is that they looks like a 1/10 or 1/8 car. Then you have three classes which look identical. From a spectators point of view this will get boring, and when I am watching races I like to watch a car which looks like a real car. Image is a lot in racing, why do you think sponsors pay so much to get their decals on 1:1 race cars. To you hardcore guys (I am one of those) speed is king, and that is fine, but you need to play in the class rules. IFMAR has dictated that sedan bodies must be used on 200mm cars for sanctioned races and I agree with that, because it will draw more spectators. Why do you think that touring is so popular? People get into it because they can identify with the cars.

However there is nothing wrong with an outlaw class, I actually have run lola bodies on my tourers and I liked it. But IFMARs (and my) opinions are if you like lolas buy a 235mm car to run at competition levels.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

If you notice everyone who has had anything to say about the subject like running both body types....I for one would not like to see Touring Cars taken out of sanctioned races....I also am for no-holes barred make your car as fast as you can Richey Modified 9 port eagle Lola Body on a V-One R OUTLAW class (man that was a mouthfull did i miss anything? ) I say, to each his own. Let's just enjoy ourselves on the track!!!!

Last edited by got_speed?; 01-23-2002 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Great idea got_speed?. A separate Outlaw class would rule. The more 200mm nitro classes the better, right? Although my cars are already set up for Outlaw, so I might be a little biased.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Forget the Lola VDS body...this is the body I'm going to run!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2002, 04:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Nuthin's more aerodynamic than a beetle!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by got_speed?
Forget the Lola VDS body...this is the body I'm going to run!!!!!!

LOL I ran the same body at one of our races...probably the WORST handling body you can EVER run , however you will get points on "STYLE" (if you can't win at least look good
Old 01-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by DanielSon; 05-31-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DanielSon
Most spectors that I have seen are more interested in the crashing, flipping, wheels coming off then what type of body is on the car.
This is true!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Hmmm just went on the HPI website and they now have an RS4 version 3 that is shaft drive and RTR. I guess this is their answer to the Nitro TC3...hehehe
Old 01-23-2002, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by DanielSon; 05-31-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by DanielSon
Read the little blurb about the car. I almost fell out of my chair.

"Our number one request from customers was to eliminate the problem of rocks getting stuck in the drive belts, so we eliminated belts completely and added a tough shaft drive system similar to what has proven successful on our popular Nitro RS4 MT and Super Nitro Rally."

Shaft drive eliminates damage from rocks and debris
Faster acceleration and top speed
Anodized aluminum heatsink head (a $40 value!)
Improved tires with one-piece foam donut
Receiver cover to protect from fuel spills
Fully enclosed receiver battery case
Limited slip front differential
Thicker 2.5mm chassis (original RTR Nitro RS4 chassis was 2mm)
Dual chamber composite tuned pipe
Adjustable body mounts
High ground clearance foam bumper
One-piece cast manifold (eliminates vibration and heat problems compared to old 2-piece design)
All at a lower price!

"Of course, there will be several hop-ups available just for the RTR 3"

HPI really out did themselves this time will all those features.
The funny thing though...no mention of pivot ball suspension...meaning I guess they don't have it on the car.
Old 01-23-2002, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

You do know most of us had or have some sort of HPI car

Do you really think that a company who prides its self on bringing people into the hobby is gonna really build a car that is worthy of world class racing
They might but I bet my 4 year old son will be able to join me on the track by then, or will wan't something better.

Dont get me wrong I still have a HPI Super nitro and I still like to drive it , but I had to dump a huge chunk of change to make this thing worthy of racing it on a track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.