Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mauler

Daniel was getting techical on me. Those were the first things I could think of that was composed numbers and alphabets.. he-uck he-uck...

Art

You should drill holes on your rims... Seriously...not big ones, but a series of small ones...should look like a honeycomb when you are done so....that it will still maintain a vast portion of its strengh and... given that the lost is at the outermost edge of the biggest rotational mass...it should work... but...you try it first.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by MtX2ImPuLsEr
Manticore- can you give me the link to the kyosho v one r parts that kyosho had listed up. I am trying to see if my lhs can get those parts for me
Thanks in advance
here you are

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/models/newitem/newitem.html
Old 01-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Manticore I got a PM from Sydewynder, he told me no RR kits in HK
So has he come by to visit you?
Old 01-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

HEyaLignmetguy- Is sydewynder or wfok going to get v one rr kits from hk. If he is you think u can tell him to get me one too.
How much are they and can you tell him to email me at [email protected].
by the way does anyone want to trade their regular front diff for a one way i have.
Just let me know if you want to trade

Thanks
Old 01-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

I dont think he is going to be able to get the kit they are out of stock in HK He was doing this as a favor for me I asked him months ago when he confided that he was going there on Vacation.

Jonathan: Will can't find zac projects there, they seem to be out as well as the kit I wanted oh by the way can you buy me
Old 01-17-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

HAG- thanks anyways
by the way are you running a regular front diff or do you have a spare one for sale or trade for a one way
Please let me know because im desperate to get one.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2002, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

HAG- thanks anyways
by the way are you running a regular front diff or do you have a spare one for sale or trade for a one way
Please let me know because im desperate to get one.

Thanks

I am currently useing the regular diff, can you get down to Castle hobby or maybe RC tech if not try to order it from tower
Old 01-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Ok kool ive tried rctech they said it'll take about 2 months since they already have some in back order.
Btw what kind of diff oil are you running in it.

THanks
Old 01-17-2002, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

I am useing stock set up 50,000 and 5000 mix
Old 01-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HAG

That's cool. Tell WF thanks for looking. Buy you what?? Oh... Daniel...that was an inside joke....btw. Where you at son ???

Seeya.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Manticore I got a PM from Sydewynder, he told me no RR kits in HK
So has he come by to visit you?
Yeah, all RR kit out of stock at the moment. Everybody is looking for one. Hear it say Kyosho is going to release a new version of RR. It is a rear solid axle version.

Mr. Fok has not come visit me yet !
Old 01-17-2002, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

HEyaLignmetguy- Is sydewynder or wfok going to get v one rr kits from hk. If he is you think u can tell him to get me one too.
How much are they and can you tell him to email me at [email protected].
by the way does anyone want to trade their regular front diff for a one way i have.
Just let me know if you want to trade

Thanks
I have a spare front stock diff which sits at my pit box. I can give it away but it is a bit too far to get you. Why you dont stick with the front one-way? it is supposed to make you faster lap time.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mauler

Hey, be careful about running the LSD upfront. It handles great but it seems that the gears need plenty of lubrication and cooling. Since the front diff hub is much smaller, the effects of the black lub are greatly reduced. Guys that have been running it in the rear have cracked the sun gears due to heat...

I ran mine upfront before and after a few sessions, I took it out for maintainence and guess what, the black lub turned into murky greyish substance... I know this happens to normal diffs too, but this is the LSD we're talking about. Better be safe than sorry...

I would also suggest that you would fill up the front diff case to the fullest to maximise the cooling effect... and maintain it regularly too... Other than that, enjoy that handling!

Just my 2cents!!
MAULER - The funniest thing is that I've been running the LSD in my rear for about 4 or 5 or 6 months (I got it when it first came out in Asia and a friend of mine brought it back) with no problems. It is totally sealed (used Permatex PVC sealent) and it still runs great! I have done the same thing in the front and it runs just fine (right now). The diff case for the front and rear are actually the same size as you notice in the instruction book it uses the same case only thing different is the pulley that you put on it. Maybe I'm just lucky but based on the performance of my rear LSD I haven't had problems, but we'll see in the long run. Then again I pretty much run an almost box stock MT12 engine 9just has a little sleeve work by Jonathan), so I'm not pulling as much power through the diff cases.

I did this as an experiment to see if the Kyosho LSD will actually work on a car in both the front and the rear (I don't know of anyone else that has tried it yet). I have yet to take it to the track to see how it does so I'll know by this weekend.

One interesting not I noticed is that the KAWAHARA LSD or Negative diff may actually work in the front as well. If someone has an extra Kawahara Diff to loan me (I already have one already)? We can place it in an extra front diff pulley and see what it does. I think that would be kinda neat to see.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I am useing stock set up 50,000 and 5000 mix
ACTUALLY stock set up for the diffs is:

Front - 50,000

Rear - 1/2 50,000 and 1/2 5000

and

CASTLE does have the parts you need to make the diff (they got the diff cases and the gears, but I think they MAY be out of the diff outdrives but I think DELTA may have those.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

JONATHAN - You gonna be at DELTA to practice anytime this weekend? (Friday to Sunday).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.