Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

MANTICORE - What weight diff oil do you run in your KAWAHARA Neg. Diff? I put 5000 in mine. I haven't put mine in yet into my car since I'm still trying this Kyosho LSD experiment.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adelmundo
MANTICORE - What weight diff oil do you run in your KAWAHARA Neg. Diff? I put 5000 in mine. I haven't put mine in yet into my car since I'm still trying this Kyosho LSD experiment.
I didnt use silicon lube for the K diff. Silicon lube will help to eat up the gear faster. Besides, those silicon base lube runs around and will get into the clutch chamber quickly and the clutch will become useless. Instead, I use some kind of antiwear lube such as Racer's choice Hyspin plus. Due to the tight gear mesh inside the new diff case, the whole unit will act like having #5000 silicon diff lube. For more detail, check with AH10 as he is having great result with this combination.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore

I didnt use silicon lube for the K diff. Silicon lube will help to eat up the gear faster. Besides, those silicon base lube runs around and will get into the clutch chamber quickly and the clutch will become useless. Instead, I use some kind of antiwear lube such as Racer's choice Hyspin plus. Due to the tight gear mesh inside the new diff case, the whole unit will act like having #5000 silicon diff lube. For more detail, check with AH10 as he is having great result with this combination.
I never heard of that kind of lube. Who sells that lube?
Old 01-18-2002, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

What is the smallest 1st gear pinion does Kyosho sell for the V-One R? i was looking at Tower's website and the smallest that is listed for the V-ONE R is a 16 tooth pinion, but in a description of the V-ONE R in their website, it states:

"Kyosho tested this kit using the O.S. Max .12 CV-R w/#10A carburetor, 15T/20T clutch bell (16T/20T is included in the kit) and a 49T/45T 2-speed gear (48T/44T is included in the kit). With this
combination they were getting 50 to 55 MPH speeds."

They have stated that Kyosho tested it with a 15 Tooth 1st Gear Pinion! What part number is this????????? At our local track, it is very small with tight turns so I would love to get this 15 Totth Pinion.
Old 01-18-2002, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

As an addendum to my previous post, does the pinion gears for the Kyosho FW-04 fit and work on the clutch bell of the V-ONE R? And how have people removed their pinion gears from their clutch bells (after it has been threadlocked)?
Old 01-18-2002, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

We don't threadlock the pinions on the bell Art. The direction of spin should keep them on. Try heating the gears and bell to loosen the threadlock. If your bell has 2 holes in it, put a rod through it to hold it while you turn the outer gear with SOFTJAWED robo grips or something like that.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

HAG I haven't looked anymore (Layed up in the room) though I called a couple of stores about the kit. Still no stock.

Jonathan

No Zac tire stocks either that I found. Haven't gone to Moon's store yet.

Moon

Sorry I didn't visit yet. As I said earlier, I'm layed up in the room.
BTW the store I asked you about I'm getting the yen conversion prices so that is Ok, right?

Novarossi

I PM'ed you but you never replied or said anything (I know you read it) so don't say I didn't call you .
I even said why I asked you about the weather in Sydney earlier.
Old 01-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder
HAG I haven't looked anymore (Layed up in the room) though I called a couple of stores about the kit. Still no stock.

Jonathan

No Zac tire stocks either that I found. Haven't gone to Moon's store yet.

Moon

Sorry I didn't visit yet. As I said earlier, I'm layed up in the room.
BTW the store I asked you about I'm getting the yen conversion prices so that is Ok, right?

Novarossi

I PM'ed you but you never replied or said anything (I know you read it) so don't say I didn't call you .
I even said why I asked you about the weather in Sydney earlier.
Mr. Fok, I was just kidding dont worry ! dont Cry !

If they put you on direct yen conversion, it is still ok as I told you the other day.

What secret weapon did you get?
Old 01-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

MOON - Can you give me a list of hop up parts to make my drivetrain lighter on my V-ONE R? I want to make my drivetrain as light as possible and reduce rotaing mass. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

MOON - Can you give me a list of hop up parts to make my drivetrain lighter on my V-ONE R? I want to make my drivetrain as light as possible and reduce rotaing mass. Thanks!
oh well,

you need to use lightest possible tranny components such as solid shaft or oneways. the standard diff is way too heavy.

the rear solid axle from kawahara is 19 g lighter then a standard gear diff or LSD or negative diff. it is much better to lighten up the car by 200g.

other then that, you can use 5 stars aluminium main and mid shafts. they are "LIGHT".

finally, use plastic pullies. the alloy pullies is way too heavy and wears quickly.
Old 01-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

oh well,

you need to use lightest possible tranny components such as solid shaft or oneways. the standard diff is way too heavy.

the rear solid axle from kawahara is 19 g lighter then a standard gear diff or LSD or negative diff. it is much better to lighten up the car by 200g.

other then that, you can use 5 stars aluminium main and mid shafts. they are "LIGHT".

finally, use plastic pullies. the alloy pullies is way too heavy and wears quickly.
MOON - Thanks for the advice! Right now I have the 5-Star mid shaft but my local hobby shop is out of the 5-Star Main shaft. I am waiting for that part to come in. As far as the gear diffs, unfortunatley the track and class I run on is a rubber tire class and the track is very small, narrow lanes, and technical (lots of hard turns from 90 to 180 degrees) so running solid rear and one way on rubber tires is very difficult on this track. I have my other V-ONE R set up with a solid rear and one way. So as far as the drivetrain on this car there is not much else you can do to lighten it?
Old 01-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

MOON - Thanks for the advice! Right now I have the 5-Star mid shaft but my local hobby shop is out of the 5-Star Main shaft. I am waiting for that part to come in. As far as the gear diffs, unfortunatley the track and class I run on is a rubber tire class and the track is very small, narrow lanes, and technical (lots of hard turns from 90 to 180 degrees) so running solid rear and one way on rubber tires is very difficult on this track. I have my other V-ONE R set up with a solid rear and one way. So as far as the drivetrain on this car there is not much else you can do to lighten it?
oh, almost miss out this.

I use kawahara small diameter flywheel too. this will also reduce rotation mass overall.

Dont be reluctant to run one-way on rubber tire. I have dual oneways when I run rubber tire on my V1R and it works like you are running an EP. Note that our track is also small and tight.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Sydewynder- you know when you go visit Manticore, you think you can pick up a Kyosho v one R regular front diff so when you get back to sanfrancisco you can email me at ([email protected]) and i can probably meet you somewhere maybe Rctech. That would be nice of you if you can do it. Manticore knows what im talking about. But i dont know you really well but ive seen you at the SfBa bashes that were held at city college.

Please let me know if you can and be the middle man for this deal.
Thanks
Old 01-19-2002, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

I have dual oneways when I run rubber tire on my V1R and it works like you are running an EP. Note that our track is also small and tight.
Do you mean a one way front and rear - wouldn't this mean no brakes
Old 01-19-2002, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by muugen

Do you mean a one way front and rear - wouldn't this mean no brakes
in the V1R case, the mid one-way is at the rear pulley of the front belt. Yes you are right, you cannot apply brake with dual one-way or only front one-way but you can still apply brake with front one-way and rear solid rear axle combo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.