Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 09:43 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer

LOL we do not play by HK rules!!! The 30% certainly seems to add a lot of torque to the engines which makes them alot faster!
Without the extra torque......you will never be able to keep up!!!! sod the life of the engine!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Originally posted by Manticore

Here is my set up which works great at a medium track with tight infield

Front
Gold spring, 70wt
8' caster; 1.5 toe out; 2' camber
softest sway bar position
42 shore tire

Rear
Gold spring, 55wt
2' toe in, 3' camber
black sway bar

I am using front one way with rear solid axle.

setup also works great on rear diff but you need higher diff oil such as 10000 or above.

I will try your set up but I need to get to the hobby shop to pick up some diff and shock fluids, I will keep you informed of whats happening

Thanks

If I use this set up, will I be a member of team hardkore
I almost run the same setup except for the shock oils and I use 40 shore front and 35 shore rear. So with the heavier oil up front, that means you get quicker sterring response right? So a little more steering up front?
Old 04-01-2002, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

By the way anyone have an extra Nova Rossi .12 slide carb they want to donate or sell for a low price? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 04-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adelmundo

I almost run the same setup except for the shock oils and I use 40 shore front and 35 shore rear. So with the heavier oil up front, that means you get quicker sterring response right? So a little more steering up front?
yes, more steering !!
Old 04-02-2002, 12:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default All most done with it

Well I am about done with this thing except for the bumper /front sway bar problem. The engine is the new Collari Turbo 5 port. Looks sweet. I want to send it to Dennis Ritchey but he seems really busy. So busy in fact that I am afraid to send it to him. Might take him forever to get around to it. Are there any other tuners out there who are as reputatable as Mr Richey? Also, Is there an outlaw class at delta and castle hobbies??
Andre'
Old 04-02-2002, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Andre

Saw your other post in the wannabe thread..J/K. Regarding the sway bar... you need to remove the stock sway bar mount. the piece that looks redundant. Just make sure you reuse the droop screws though..
As for the motor..just run it stock.. it's the fastest stock 12 out there.
Delta has an outlaw class, but not RCCAR (Castle). The latter has a 3 port non-turbo restriction.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Andre

One more thing... unless you're running overdrive, you need to cut the rear tires down to avoid handling problems..
Old 04-02-2002, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Moon SiFoo!

Are you familiar with the Three Racing line of hop-ups. If so... are they any good? Thanks..

Sydewynder

What days are you going to Delta this week. I'm off as well. Let's hook up.

Seeya
Old 04-02-2002, 02:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jonathan
Moon SiFoo!

Are you familiar with the Three Racing line of hop-ups. If so... are they any good? Thanks..

Sydewynder

Seeya
Bow Bow

The three product quality is a bit better quality then k factory. It is hong kong local made hop up and price beats up k factory.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Will a Mugen Centax Clutch Bell work with a V1RR 3D Clutch??

Thanks!!!
Old 04-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

I also have my other v one r spare car only ran it 3 times for trade for a NTc3 or sell
which i have are...

ALL these hopups are from k Factory.
They are Graphite upperdeck
Low Center gravity Fuel tank
Graphite brake braket
allum radio plate posts with belt tensioner
Allum vented disk brake
All Allum pullies with 32t front pulley as well
One way diff
Universals Cvd's all around (4)
Front and rear swaybars
4mm chassis with graphite rx holder
Im asking 310 shipped if you like
let me know if you are intersted. or i can go lower if you like
just let me know
thanks
Old 04-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Hey Jonathan! Good to hear from you! I was hoping to get a chance to talk to you. I remember you from the club that use to race over off of Industrial Blvd in Hayward. Adelmundo said you were still alive and kickin in the Wannabe R/C Guru thread! Haha! Anyway, Thanks for the info even though this newbie figuired it out on his own. How should I go about changing the overdrive? Upgrade the pullys to what? They are stock right now. The foams are 32mm and BRAND NEW. I hate to sand or cut them down! I would rather change the pulleys. I plan on going to Delta this Sunday. Hope to Hook up with you to gain some knowledge! I'm gonna send the Motor out to Dennis for the hell of it! Just use my stock MT12 for now!

Andre'[COLOR=purple]

Last edited by Dookiestick; 04-03-2002 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Dookiestick

Hey Jonathan! Good to hear from you! I was hoping to get a chance to talk to you. I remember you from the club that use to race over off of Industrial Blvd in Hayward. Adelmundo said you were still alive and kickin in the Wannabe R/C Guru thread! Haha! Anyway, Thanks for the info even though this newbie figuired it out on his own. How should I go about changing the overdrive? Upgrade the pullys to what? They are stock right now. The foams are 32mm and BRAND NEW. I hate to sand or cut them down! I would rather change the pulleys. I plan on going to Delta this Sunday. Hope to Hook up with you to gain some knowledge! I'm gonna send the Motor out to Dennis for the hell of it! Just use my stock MT12 for now!

Andre'[COLOR=purple]
ANDRE - I think most of us will be racing at CASTLE HOBBIES in San Jose on Sunday. There is the monthly on road racing over there DELTA would be the week after on the 14th. As far as overdrive, Kawahara makes an Overdrive pulley (25 tooth) which is being sold over at CASTLE. This replaces the 27th tooth pulley on the front front part of the side belt. Make sure you also get the proper belt for this pulley too which also sold by Kawahara over at CASTLE.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

So this is where peeps jumped too from the HPI "RR" thread, hummmm?????

adelmundo...
You still getting the KO Propo Esprit II? Just practice with it enough and you'll be like "Wasabi"! I mean Masami
Old 04-03-2002, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jonathan
Moon SiFoo!

Sydewynder

Seeya
Sorry for the late reply Jonathan. It looks like this week is turning into a no go to Delta. See you on the weekends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.