Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is that the format of the XXX Main set-up book? The cause, effect & solution design may workout.

Yup, format wise, they inspired me ..... but the material was compiled for my benefit/shortcomings, and all the things that could possibly confuse me... so it may not be beneficial for all bar page 6, which includes a quick ref of the summaries where you could paste in on your tool box while wrenching if you don't wanna committ this to memory.

As for the book you can get it from Tower Hobbies at this link

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...de&FVPROFIL=++

It costs USD18.39
Old 08-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by thescum
Yup, format wise, they inspired me ..... but the material was compiled for my benefit/shortcomings, and all the things that could possibly confuse me... so it may not be beneficial for all bar page 6, which includes a quick ref of the summaries where you could paste in on your tool box while wrenching if you don't wanna committ this to memory.

As for the book you can get it from Tower Hobbies at this link

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...de&FVPROFIL=++

It costs USD18.39
^5 thescum.

I know how some feel about traxxas, but they really do have a good troubleshooting guide insert with their kits in a problem->issue->solution format.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yup i know, me wife's got the T-maxx, in fact certain input was sought from the manual and all of page 7 was from them anyways....
Old 08-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Yup i know, me wife's got the T-maxx, in fact certain input was sought from the manual and all of page 7 was from them anyways....
You're a lucky man, a wife that RCs....my wife's eyes gloss over anytime the letters RC are mentioned together in my house!

Actually, she pits for me on occassion, you know, when I beg with the lost "I can't run Sunday" look!

^5
Old 08-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Wink Sidetracked

Now back to V1R/RR/Evo/RRR stuff
Old 08-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the input guys,

the binding's existent without the steering knuckles installed.
anyways, was just wondering whether this was normal, coz my RR and then evo were quite free. Anyways the new design's quite a change from the previous versions.
Hey Scum, I rebuilt my Evo for this weekend's race. And notices my front arms weren't free hanging. I discovered that it was caused by the stabilizer tab collar. See attachment for details.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

That tab is supposed to help you eyeball the suspension to check for tweak.

If you set it up, you have to re-check tweak without the rollbar blades. It will change your up/down stop settings.

^5
Old 08-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Rather, it's angle should be parallel to the bottom suspension arm when tightened.

Sorry for the bad description.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Tom G

Rather, it's angle should be parallel to the bottom suspension arm when tightened.

Sorry for the bad description.
That's interesting. Thanks, Tom!
Old 08-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Scum, I rebuilt my Evo for this weekend's race. And notices my front arms weren't free hanging. I discovered that it was caused by the stabilizer tab collar. See attachment for details.
Thanks Kid, right now the RRR's arms are moving just as freely as my Evo's. But this info's pretty neat, din realise why those bushing collars required that little tab... That's what i love about this forum, new things to learn everyday...

BTW Adoika, i have the same prob with the play on the RRR top a-arms, had about 1.4-1.5mm of slop at first but then upon checking, realised that the uneven tightening of the bulk head holding screws and the screws of the front shock stay caused this prob. But after rectifying this and installing the top graphite plate, this slop has dropped tremendously to around 0.4mm...

Boner, am gonna try your suggestion of shimming both front and back of the top hinge pin by 0.2 mm. Cause while my driving skills are better left unsaid, i try to build the car the best i can...
Thanks once again Boner....
Old 08-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default foam tires

my v1r rear foam tires gets used up faster than my front, is this normal? my set-up is pratically standard
Old 08-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: foam tires

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
my v1r rear foam tires gets used up faster than my front, is this normal? my set-up is pratically standard
thats normal with what ever car you drive, the thing to do is run a 2mm split from front to rear.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:02 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In the standard RR/EVO setup it is actually a 4mm split. If you run the 26 tooth front pulley it is a 2mm split. The V-One-R used no split as it had a 27 tooth pulley.

If you get the 26 tooth pulley from Kyosho it has a chart to tell you the splits for each pulley size and the characteristics of each size.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by B4
In the standard RR/EVO setup it is actually a 4mm split. If you run the 26 tooth front pulley it is a 2mm split. The V-One-R used no split as it had a 27 tooth pulley.

If you get the 26 tooth pulley from Kyosho it has a chart to tell you the splits for each pulley size and the characteristics of each size.
Absolutely correct. The fronts should be 4mm smaller than the rears. This equalizes the front and rear ratios and in most cases, a significant improvement in steering, handling and control can be seen, especially by those that didn't have it set-up that this way.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tom G
Absolutely correct. The fronts should be 4mm smaller than the rears. This equalizes the front and rear ratios and in most cases, a significant improvement in steering, handling and control can be seen, especially by those that didn't have it set-up that this way.
Im about confused about this overdrive running a 4 mm split!
does overdrive mean to make the front wheels turn faster? so that both front and rear wheels would eventually turn at the same speed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.