R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2004, 06:24 PM   #11881
Tech Apprentice
 
thescum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Is that the format of the XXX Main set-up book? The cause, effect & solution design may workout.

Yup, format wise, they inspired me ..... but the material was compiled for my benefit/shortcomings, and all the things that could possibly confuse me... so it may not be beneficial for all bar page 6, which includes a quick ref of the summaries where you could paste in on your tool box while wrenching if you don't wanna committ this to memory.


As for the book you can get it from Tower Hobbies at this link

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...de&FVPROFIL=++

It costs USD18.39
thescum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:29 PM   #11882
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by thescum
Yup, format wise, they inspired me ..... but the material was compiled for my benefit/shortcomings, and all the things that could possibly confuse me... so it may not be beneficial for all bar page 6, which includes a quick ref of the summaries where you could paste in on your tool box while wrenching if you don't wanna committ this to memory.


As for the book you can get it from Tower Hobbies at this link

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...de&FVPROFIL=++

It costs USD18.39
^5 thescum.

I know how some feel about traxxas, but they really do have a good troubleshooting guide insert with their kits in a problem->issue->solution format.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #11883
Tech Apprentice
 
thescum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 52
Default

Yup i know, me wife's got the T-maxx, in fact certain input was sought from the manual and all of page 7 was from them anyways....
thescum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:25 PM   #11884
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by thescum
Yup i know, me wife's got the T-maxx, in fact certain input was sought from the manual and all of page 7 was from them anyways....
You're a lucky man, a wife that RCs....my wife's eyes gloss over anytime the letters RC are mentioned together in my house!

Actually, she pits for me on occassion, you know, when I beg with the lost "I can't run Sunday" look!

^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:27 PM   #11885
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Wink Sidetracked

Now back to V1R/RR/Evo/RRR stuff
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:24 PM   #11886
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by thescum
Thanks for the input guys,

the binding's existent without the steering knuckles installed.
anyways, was just wondering whether this was normal, coz my RR and then evo were quite free. Anyways the new design's quite a change from the previous versions.
Hey Scum, I rebuilt my Evo for this weekend's race. And notices my front arms weren't free hanging. I discovered that it was caused by the stabilizer tab collar. See attachment for details.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:29 PM   #11887
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Default

That tab is supposed to help you eyeball the suspension to check for tweak.

If you set it up, you have to re-check tweak without the rollbar blades. It will change your up/down stop settings.

^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:31 PM   #11888
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Default

That tab is supposed to help you eyeball the suspension to check for tweak.

Rather, it's angle should be parallel to the bottom suspension arm when tightened.

Sorry for the bad description.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:42 PM   #11889
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
That tab is supposed to help you eyeball the suspension to check for tweak.

Rather, it's angle should be parallel to the bottom suspension arm when tightened.

Sorry for the bad description.
That's interesting. Thanks, Tom!
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:09 PM   #11890
Tech Apprentice
 
thescum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Hey Scum, I rebuilt my Evo for this weekend's race. And notices my front arms weren't free hanging. I discovered that it was caused by the stabilizer tab collar. See attachment for details.
Thanks Kid, right now the RRR's arms are moving just as freely as my Evo's. But this info's pretty neat, din realise why those bushing collars required that little tab... That's what i love about this forum, new things to learn everyday...

BTW Adoika, i have the same prob with the play on the RRR top a-arms, had about 1.4-1.5mm of slop at first but then upon checking, realised that the uneven tightening of the bulk head holding screws and the screws of the front shock stay caused this prob. But after rectifying this and installing the top graphite plate, this slop has dropped tremendously to around 0.4mm...

Boner, am gonna try your suggestion of shimming both front and back of the top hinge pin by 0.2 mm. Cause while my driving skills are better left unsaid, i try to build the car the best i can...
Thanks once again Boner....
thescum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:53 PM   #11891
Tech Addict
 
thefuzzclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 704
Default foam tires

my v1r rear foam tires gets used up faster than my front, is this normal? my set-up is pratically standard
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:24 AM   #11892
Tech Master
 
drfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Vancouver Wa usa
Posts: 1,769
Default Re: foam tires

Quote:
Originally posted by thefuzzclub
my v1r rear foam tires gets used up faster than my front, is this normal? my set-up is pratically standard
thats normal with what ever car you drive, the thing to do is run a 2mm split from front to rear.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:02 AM   #11893
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

In the standard RR/EVO setup it is actually a 4mm split. If you run the 26 tooth front pulley it is a 2mm split. The V-One-R used no split as it had a 27 tooth pulley.

If you get the 26 tooth pulley from Kyosho it has a chart to tell you the splits for each pulley size and the characteristics of each size.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:39 AM   #11894
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by B4
In the standard RR/EVO setup it is actually a 4mm split. If you run the 26 tooth front pulley it is a 2mm split. The V-One-R used no split as it had a 27 tooth pulley.

If you get the 26 tooth pulley from Kyosho it has a chart to tell you the splits for each pulley size and the characteristics of each size.
Absolutely correct. The fronts should be 4mm smaller than the rears. This equalizes the front and rear ratios and in most cases, a significant improvement in steering, handling and control can be seen, especially by those that didn't have it set-up that this way.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:26 AM   #11895
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Absolutely correct. The fronts should be 4mm smaller than the rears. This equalizes the front and rear ratios and in most cases, a significant improvement in steering, handling and control can be seen, especially by those that didn't have it set-up that this way.
Im about confused about this overdrive running a 4 mm split!
does overdrive mean to make the front wheels turn faster? so that both front and rear wheels would eventually turn at the same speed?
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net