Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tom G
OS engines are easy to tune and pretty consistent. However, I choose other engines for the additional power and the difference seen/felt going through the power bands.

OS engines are good engines to learn with and race novice to sportsman classes.

^5
i agree with you bro..os engines are the easiest to tune of them all. as you go italian made engines, they are a lot needles to tingker with. if you loose your count, then you are in trouble. my advise, try to learn to tune engines starting with os engines. good luck
Old 09-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Spring retainers

Hey guys, I was building some new shocks (courtesy of TomG) for the rear of my Evo. I went back to the Evo kit manual and it said to use the black spring retainers for the rear, but the instructions for the shocks say to use the blue (shorties).

Does it matter? I'm going to set the proper ride height and throw it on the tweak scale anyways.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Spring retainers

Originally posted by kidDynomite
Hey guys, I was building some new shocks (courtesy of TomG) for the rear of my Evo. I went back to the Evo kit manual and it said to use the black spring retainers for the rear, but the instructions for the shocks say to use the blue (shorties).

Does it matter? I'm going to set the proper ride height and throw it on the tweak scale anyways.
Kid, I built them with the blacks and had no problems with adjustments. You can use the blue, but then you will have to use the different lenghted ball cups to compensate.

Now then, since I've actually read the post accurately, you may be better served using the Evo manual instructions since the last time I did this was for the RR kit, and not the Evo!

Old 09-25-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Since now RRR is available....

How long do you think R/RR parts would be available for us?
I got mine this spring, so I don't want to keep buying new cars... Any one knows how much parts are shared between RR and RRR?

I already put mine in storage area for winter.... Yeah, it's a Michigan thing. A few weeks ago, it was very cool and then now it's Indian summer.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Since now RRR is available....

Originally posted by Matt.C
How long do you think R/RR parts would be available for us?
I got mine this spring, so I don't want to keep buying new cars... Any one knows how much parts are shared between RR and RRR?

I already put mine in storage area for winter.... Yeah, it's a Michigan thing. A few weeks ago, it was very cool and then now it's Indian summer.
3R is a totally new design car, there is nothing shared between RR and 3R.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Spring retainers

Originally posted by Tom G
Kid, I built them with the blacks and had no problems with adjustments. You can use the blue, but then you will have to use the different lenghted ball cups to compensate.

Now then, since I've actually read the post accurately, you may be better served using the Evo manual instructions since the last time I did this was for the RR kit, and not the Evo!

Thanks again, Tom! I did go with the Evo manual.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Front belt rubbing

My 3R front belt is rubbing the steering belcrank causing the belt to worn out at the edges. Has any of you got this problem too? i m using the front diff BTW, would this be the cause?
Old 09-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gearing on a VoneRR

I have the following gears on the clutch bel a 15t and a 19t which spur gear would you suggress I run with this setting? I think the stock spur gear are what I'm running 48/44t
Old 09-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

dameetz... which bellcrank are you using? I just pulled my front end out and didnt have any rubbing problems. I think the kit had 3 different bellcranks. Is it only rubbing when the steering is at full throw? or all the time?
Old 09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

can someone post pics of your cars? RRR
Old 09-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcosmax
dameetz... which bellcrank are you using? I just pulled my front end out and didnt have any rubbing problems. I think the kit had 3 different bellcranks. Is it only rubbing when the steering is at full throw? or all the time?
I m using no 11 ( stock set up). Its rubbing at the meeting line between the upper and lower belcrank. Its rubbing even when the steering is in neutral. Its not that severe but still I can see the belt still touch the bellcrank. I m using the front diff which I put bearing spacer at both side to give away the lateral play that I mention on earlier post . I think I put too much spacer on the left side which moves the front pulley a bit to the right causing the belt to touch the belcrank. I will adjust the spacer to the right today and see how it goes.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is anyone else having a problem with the front belt and bellcrank rubbing on the 3R
Old 09-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by carkillaii
Is anyone else having a problem with the front belt and bellcrank rubbing on the 3R
No
Old 09-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default set-up for v1rr

newbie,

looking for a set-up and manual for v1rr... can't browse all the replies in the thread because it is already too long.. would like also to ask tips about v1rr on how to improve it...

Tnx in advance!!
Old 09-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I'm new to this thread and have a question. I have a Trinity Reflex NT which I'm told is a V One R clone ... I'm looking for a rear BALL diff ... anybody know who makes one and/or where I can buy one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.