Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

so u can use the Mugen Centax in the V1R/RR too? Is there any benefit to this? You mentioned that the Kawahara centax is a bit lighter than the Kyosho one. How does the Mugen one compare to the Kyosho one?
Old 11-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by patelladragger
Yo HAG I wish I had some personal contacts for kawahara! I was probably talking about james kara on ebay from colorado, though even he has been running short on kawa stuff lately. I've been looking high and low for another solid rear to no avail.

[email protected] is his email.
Thanks for the E-Mail addy

I am looking to get another Kawa Centax for that RB so I don't have to change stuff around, And I remember you sold me the one I have for a Screamin price

I saw one at HOBBY TOWN near my house for $110 and Speed tech has it for $89 but he has not updated his sight for Kawa parts, I order a few things, not much. He had to send me an E Mail telling me he did not have items in stock
Old 11-10-2002, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by calimassive
Who has tried the Protoform Accord shell? Any good? How does it perform compared to the 1.0 Stratus/the one that comes with the V1RR? Any other shells that are close to the Stratus? I heard the Vectra shell is pretty good as well. What about the new Stratus? Looks kind of fuggly, looks wise I prefer the old Stratus.
The new Status works well, never tried the Accord, but am gonna try the RSX and Crowd Pleaser verry soon.
The opel should be good, I also like the Alfa 156
Old 11-10-2002, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by calimassive
so u can use the Mugen Centax in the V1R/RR too? Is there any benefit to this? You mentioned that the Kawahara centax is a bit lighter than the Kyosho one. How does the Mugen one compare to the Kyosho one?
Mugen 4 shoes

Kyosho 3 shoes

Both do the same job

Mugen clutch simular to Serpent
Old 11-11-2002, 12:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I live in Japan and have access to Kawahara parts and other parts not in the states. Plus its cheaper.
Old 11-11-2002, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

so what Titanium parts are avaliable for the V1RR that are of interest? Turnbuckles and?
Old 11-11-2002, 08:36 AM
RC
Tech Apprentice

so what Titanium parts are avaliable for the V1RR that are of interest? Turnbuckles and?
I saw on the Kyosho Japanese site that they now have both belt shafts in titanium (nice because the stockers are HEAVY) as well as pivot balls (also a heavy stock item).

Another new goody on the Japanese Kyosho site are front and rear upper arms with ball bearings on the inboard pivots.

On a side note, can anyone with the Kawa centax post what they have found to be good settings for number of threads showing on the clutch nut and freeplay of the bellhousing?
Old 11-11-2002, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Kawahara Centax OR Kyosho Centax

Originally posted by blandv
I'm no expert but I have tried both and I like the Kawahara.
Are all centax easy to set-up? How is the maintenance done? I mean what are the parts that required frequent checks to ensure optimum functionality and efficiency?

The kawa centax has 4-shoe whereas Kyosho has only 3 shoes?
Cheers...
Old 11-11-2002, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks RC for the info, Do you read Japanese?? I wonder if these hop ups are gonna be avaliable in the US?
Old 11-11-2002, 01:44 PM
RC
Tech Apprentice

calimassive:

No, I don't read Japanese, I cheat...

http://babel.altavista.com/

Go to this web site and enter the site you want translated, It's pretty cool. It's a little slow to bring up the translated page and the translation comes out rough but you can usually make out what the info is.

As for availability in the states I don't know, although a couple posts up I saw someone who is in Japan?
Old 11-11-2002, 01:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey, I was just taking a look at that neat little transponder mount that Kyosho specs for the V-One RR kit. Does Kyosho sell that transponder mount seperately? If so, can someone hit me with the part number.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Who has tried the Protoform Accord shell? Any good? How does it perform compared to the 1.0 Stratus
I have one of each at the moment. I have found the Accord shell quite good. The handling characteristics are similar to the Stratus, but the accord is bloody tough. It produces a little bit more steering!
Old 11-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Darkseid
Hey, I was just taking a look at that neat little transponder mount that Kyosho specs for the V-One RR kit. Does Kyosho sell that transponder mount seperately? If so, can someone hit me with the part number.

Thanks.
? what transponder mount?
Old 11-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by patelladragger
? what transponder mount?
i guess it is the "Y' shape plastic piece with 4 mounting holes on the arms and one bigger hole on the center arm.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey, I was just taking a look at that neat little transponder mount that Kyosho specs for the V-One RR kit
The kit actually comes with a mount. It's plastic triangle and it mounts off the throttle servo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.