Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Well I had computer problems then HAG and I went down to Southern Cal for a week to check up on the hobby stores and tracks down there. Then when I got back up, I put together a new computer so I'm here.........
We met someone on this thread down there. He goes by KevinK2. Seems like a nice guy.

OK Kevin you're a nice guy

The guys that have to race against me might not think so!
Old 10-02-2002, 01:27 PM
asd
Tech Addict

sorry guys, i'll try not to post such dumb questions, i know i'm a newb and i just wanna have fun, thxs
(P.S. manticore, yeah, i am ponky_wonky, lol
Old 10-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
yo Chris,

pixie is made by an italian named Rossi, The sirio is made by another italian named Rossi. I've talked to quite a few LEGIT sources recently, the pixie cost 70 bones more than the sirio but word is now the pixie is good stock but the stock sirio is even better! The pixie is noticeably heavier than the nova's but according to CYRUL the sirio is as light.
How is the bottom end on your pixy? The only negative I heard about this engine was that it lacked a little on bottom end, tho the info source was possibly less than reliable.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
Kyosho green fronts, Kyosho orange rears
Are these the Fantom springs?? They look more like the springs off the MKII spider??
Old 10-02-2002, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: JASON BELL IS THE TRUTH!!!

My lip is zipped. But it was a rock. That's all I'm going to say.
BTW I think motorcycleracer called you out. Something about being a Trinity stooge. Or was that a different CS? Oh sorry I forgot. You own a Reflex copy not the Trinity original. haha :

Patelladragger and all

Look for Kyosho part numbers 92491, 92721 and 92001 for spring sets.

PatellaD

Man you went all the way over here to get springs from JimmyD?
You know there are times when I think it is safe to post....then BAM!! Sydewynder has something nice to say
Old 10-02-2002, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kevink2
The guys that have to race against me might not think so!
maybe they don't have a good sence of humor
Old 10-02-2002, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Are these the Fantom springs?? They look more like the springs off the MKII spider??

I'm not sure if they're fantom springs. They did come in that 3 pack that says soft-orange/ medium-green / hard-yellow.

The pixie is still very rich and I'd say right now it's about like the JP ts1 or Collari on bottom. It was quick off bottom but I wasn't getting all giddy about it till it hit midrange and started revving. Once I get a few more tanks in it I'm going to lean it out just a little, but honestly I don't think I want it hitting much harder than it is now off the bottom.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: JASON BELL IS THE TRUTH!!!

Man you went all the way over here to get springs from JimmyD?

JimmyD is the one got me hooked on kyosho in the first place. He sold me his V1R when he went to mugen back when I was driving the reflex. Back then he used to talk big TRASH about the reflex! lol. Now he's left Mugen and is rolling the reflex with support and pretty happy with the car. He's given me a lot of setup help and parts and such for the V1R - I hope he does well at the Paris race in 2 weeks in vegas.

I wanted to go but by the time I got the balls to sign up they filled up!

Anybody hear planning on going to the winter Gas Nats at Ft. Myers in Feb?
Old 10-02-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default modified engines

hi everyone,i need some advice in getting a modified engine,well engines,wich modified engines are good(jp's,michael salvens,rtu,smeltz)please if you guys don't mind posting the pro and cons on each one and where can i get them,also i read about j-tech in florida but the website lists aircraft and boat engines,me and my buddies are into drag racing we use vone r's ,also any suggestion as far as gearing goes,any help will be really appreciatted ,it sucks there is not that much info on nitro dragraing outthere but you guys know a lot so please help,

Also i finished bulding my new v oner and i noticed that on the end of the 2 speed shat is a washer with the capscrew my question is this screw suppose to being tighen downm very hard,should i use locktite,reason im asking is because it feels like the drive traing is binding

once again thanks for any help
Old 10-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Welcome to our little home kaozzlord!

As for modified engines for drag racing - I would think a mod for drag racing is not going to be the same mods we think highly of in road racing engines. I'm not certain of that though. There are some guys in texas that are pretty serious about nitro drag racing and are getting their cars close to the electric drag times now. If I were you I'd go check them out, ask questions to the veteran drag racers down there.

http://tmraceway.com/

On your 2-speed that screw is supposed to be tight so if you're binding with it tightened down something else is wrong.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:11 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: modified engines

Originally posted by kaozzlord
hi everyone,i need some advice in getting a modified engine,well engines,wich modified engines are good(jp's,michael salvens,rtu,smeltz)please if you guys don't mind posting the pro and cons on each one and where can i get them,also i read about j-tech in florida but the website lists aircraft and boat engines,me and my buddies are into drag racing we use vone r's ,also any suggestion as far as gearing goes,any help will be really appreciatted ,it sucks there is not that much info on nitro dragraing outthere but you guys know a lot so please help,

Also i finished bulding my new v oner and i noticed that on the end of the 2 speed shat is a washer with the capscrew my question is this screw suppose to being tighen downm very hard,should i use locktite,reason im asking is because it feels like the drive traing is binding

once again thanks for any help
Loosen the grub screw in the second gear cam, push the shaft across and retighten the grub screw, you will find that at the moment you have too much float in the main lay shaft. There is no need for threadlock on the cap screw but use it on the grub screw.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Is it possible to swap out a V1RR front one way with the front gear differential that comes with the V1R ?? I'd like to look into that for driving with rubber tyres on pavement. Thanks
Old 10-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone happen to know what the part number is for the V-ONE RR pullies? I've been using the regular V-ONE R pulleys, but I hear the new ones for the V-ONE RR last longer. I've had to replace the front pulley a couple of times now, and I want something that going to last.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by calimassive
Is it possible to swap out a V1RR front one way with the front gear differential that comes with the V1R ?? I'd like to look into that for driving with rubber tyres on pavement. Thanks
I don't have a V-ONE RR, but I'm pretty sure it uses the same front and rear bulk heads as the V-ONE R, so the regular diffs should fit right in.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

thanks DCR1TWO, btw, is it possible to purchase the whole front gear diff of the V1R so i can just place the whole thing in my V1RR? I looked on towerhobbies online and they seemed to sell it part by part, but not the whole thing in one package.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.