Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 11:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Talking

Yes patelladragger, every point you mention makes perfect sense. We all know that Trinity blatantly copied the V-One R, but you have to give Trinity some merit with the Reflex. For the same price as a V-One R, even somewhat cheaper, you are getting a chassis that has over $100.00+ worth in option parts. Its also made U.S. V-One R owners lives a little easier when it comes to finding replacement parts.

If I would have known about the V-One RR GT I probably wouldn't have purchased my Reflex. But at that time the only cars that suited my fancy were the V-One R and the Reflex NT, and it was a no-brainer which car was the better value for the money.

As far as Trinity paying Kyosho off not to promote their V-OneR/RR here in the U.S. sounds somewhat true as well. Kyosho does make an attempt to try to compete with the American stronghold of 1/10th scale offroad gas and electric cars by promoting their Ultima line of cars. Lets face it, the V-One R/RR is the overall best and most competitive RC Car they manufacture. You would think that they would put out a little more effort of promoting it.

I believe the V-One R/RR's and Reflex's plastic parts are both produced and manufactured by a Japanese company called Tomogouchi (spelling??). A friend of mine a while back told me of this. I believe Trinity also used the same molds from the V-One R to produce the Reflex as well. I am sure Kyosho had some copyrights on the molds for the V-One R so that further proves your point.

Whatever the case may be, who cares. V-One R/RR owners can benefit from the Reflex. They can get K-Factory option parts more easier and wreak the benefits of the Trinity Reflex Racing Team. Need help with a set-up for a particular track? Go to TechTalk and mostly all the information you recieve for the Reflex can apply to the V-One R. Or you can come here and get everything you need too!

As far as Kyosho and Trinity in bed together I have no clue. Just imagined what the offspring would look like! V-One RR 2?

Last edited by racer rich; 08-24-2002 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:27 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Hasn't anybody wondered why K factory is called "K" and not "T" factory........they were selling options for the V1 way before the Trinity car came about!! V1 owners are not benefiting anything anything from the 'T' car.....the options were available way before......
Old 08-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Exclamation

Originally posted by dtm
Hasn't anybody wondered why K factory is called "K" and not "T" factory........they were selling options for the V1 way before the Trinity car came about!! V1 owners are not benefiting anything anything from the 'T' car.....the options were available way before......
I understand that. But the only way people here in the U.S. were able to purhcase K-Factory parts before Trinity started to distribute them was to order outside the U.S. . Since Trinity now distributes K-Factory in the U.S. you can walk into a local hobby shop and purchase K-Factory parts right there. You don't have to wait a week and pay high shipping costs to get them. Maybe V1R owners outside the U.S. don't benefit from the Reflex but the V1R owners here in the U.S. do.

Last edited by racer rich; 08-24-2002 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racer rich
I believe the V-One R/RR's and Reflex's plastic parts are both produced and manufactured by a Japanese company called Tomogouchi (spelling??).

I agree with a lot of what you're saying Rich. Don't think this part is true though. Chris Smith has said both the car's parts are made in taiwan. Regardless of where they're made, I've had both cars and even if they're made by the same company with the same molds they're not made with the same quality of plastic, not even close. I do hope with Josh and Joel and company racing the car competitively and trying to improve it VoneR owners will benefit.

Seems to me though the biggest improvements for the car are still coming from overseas. The whole 24 tooth pulley movement didn't come from the trinity guys, seems their biggest innovation to date has been the 22 tooth 1st gear pinion.

You make some very persuasive points though, if Kyosho and Trinity are in bed with eachother does it really matter? If it were officially reported people would just have to quit saying Trinity "copied" the VoneR, more like Kyosho sold it.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Whether or not it is a Japanese manufacturer or a Taiwanese manufacturer that makes the V-One R/Reflex parts I know that one manufacturer (whoever it may be) does make the parts for both cars. My friend knows the ins and outs of the RC industry particularly well.

As far as the parts quality difference between Kyosho and Trinity and I cannot attest to that. My V-One RR GT will be here in a few days! I have heard on a few occasions that the quality of the V-One R's parts are superior to those of the Reflex.

My only gripe about the Reflex was when assembled (and assembled properly) the car's ride height is like 10mm! I had to buy V-One R ball cups just to get the suspension right. Sure, I could of just cut the ball cups, but thats hack and they are pretty weak to begin with. Don't want to make them any weaker. I don't like the idea of having to buy extra items just to make the car work properly. I hope the Kyosho V-One RR GT is not that way.

Can't wait for my V-One RR GT to come. With the 24-tooth pulley conversion and my Smeltz Modified Pixi-Black engine this car is going to fly!

Last edited by racer rich; 08-24-2002 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2002, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racer rich

As far as the parts quality difference between Kyosho and Trinity and I cannot attest to that.
well you will be able to in a few days. if you put a reflex together as a new kit and you put a voner together it's a pretty noticeable difference. Take notice of the little things too that show the quality difference, like compare the servo savers, compare the ball ends and cups, compare the fit in the diffs. The reflex ride height issue can be solved with some rpm cups that are cut as well, that's what I did. Your VoneR won't be as shiny looking when done as the reflex but it will be tough.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:36 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by patelladragger

You make some very persuasive points though, if Kyosho and Trinity are in bed with eachother does it really matter? If it were officially reported people would just have to quit saying Trinity "copied" the VoneR, more like Kyosho sold it.
Haha...thats a very interesting point....if it ever happens...I look forward to some "Kyosho copied 'King' Trinity" debates!!!! .....maybe thats what the 'K' is for!!!!
Old 08-24-2002, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

patelladragger what is the body on your v one rr? same as your avatar
Old 08-25-2002, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by compaq888
patelladragger what is the body on your v one rr? same as your avatar
It is the frewer Porsche GT1. Excellent body (not ROAR Legal). Excellent steering and good down force. I had it as a show body on the wall for the longest, but finally decided to try it out on the track. Had to neuter the scoop to create access to the tank but the body works very well, seems to have more steering than a lola or gtp.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking V One RR

I just finished running My V One RR for the first time the other day! I put all the Three Racing option parts on it & a .12 JP 5 port on it. All I can say Is the thing is absolutely out of control! I have owned almost every current RC car out there & this is by far the best 1/10 scale yet!
Old 08-25-2002, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

i heard if you mess with the wing on the lola body you will get the best steering
Old 08-26-2002, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2nd Spur and 2 speed clutch problem

Hi,
Any1 experienced this problem where the 2nd spur stuck with 2 speed clutch causing the both the spurs unable to spin freely with hands.

I tried dismantled the spurs and discovered some grey stuff around the 2 speed clutch, after wiping then off with cloth, and reassemble the spurs, it work normal.
I guess its the pebbles or minor sands had gone into the 2 speed clutch and crushed melted by the heat generated from within.
This track is a parking lot which i just came to play the first time.

Any1 had the same problem b4?
Cheers...
Old 08-26-2002, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

RCLover no I never had this before. I do scuff the 2nd gear metal ring periodically with wet and dry to keep it clean but never had it stuck before.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

I currently own a Reflex, but have replaced many of the parts to Kyosho because the quality and strength is just that much better. I recently raced this weekend and my break linkage came loose on the straight away. I slammed into the boards full speed with a Kyosho bumper. No damage (other than slightly bent body posts). I've heard other Reflex owners breaking lots of parts on their Reflex's and I have yet to break any of my V-ONE R replacements.

I've been running rubber tires and have been considering switching to foams. Is there anything I need to do to get 28mm foams to fit on the rear (longer swingshaft, wheelshaft, etc)? What brand foams do you guys suggest and what compound? I run on a medium bite track,and any setups you could provide would be great.

I've been reading this Forum for awhile now and I value any info you could provide.
Old 08-26-2002, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

you will want to use the wide axles and wide swingshafts. They allow the use of 28mm and 30mm foams #vz080 and vz081

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.