Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I like finding the sweet spot,So who brought the Cookies and Milk
ops wrong thread
Old 08-23-2002, 02:38 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer

I tend to agree with dtm to a point. Patella is correct that the OS will run with needle settings which are way out but that is of little consequence. The engine will lack performance. dtm's point is that each engine follows the same principles when tuning them, use temps to ensure you aren't hurting it and tune buy ear and feel from there. Novarossi engines tend to be more senstive in the needles, ie dont go making huge turns on them. They are equally "easy" to get a good tune into them, I have experienced both types of engines as well. If the window of tune is big, and the biggest window is available in the OS, it still does not make it easier to get the "optimal" tune for best power, it makes you lazier with trying to find the "sweet spot".
Yep, thats basically what I wanted to say!!

As for the starting bit...must admit OS do start and idle very consistently much better than NR, but I'm not sure whether this is engine, carb or a bit of both??....as for getting the sweet spot...both are about the same!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dtm

as for getting the sweet spot...both are about the same!
Well can't argue with the sweet spot logic, you guys are on about that. But you have to look at it from an inexperienced tuner's perspective. With an OS, the performance delta between the sweet spot and non-sweet spot isn't nearly as great. I mean an OS will run better tuned optimally, but it will still run pretty good when not. New racers rarely can use all the power anyway so they have a wide window to set the needles and still run the race.

NR or Collari not so, you aren't going to last a race or keep an engine long with a poorly tuned novarossi - matter of fact you're lucky to get a picco started if your needles aren't right, so that's what i'm saying when I say "easier to tune." The OS is more forgiving than the others, maybe not any easier to get the optimal tune, but easier to get a tune that will get you around the track for the inexperienced tuner.

One thing I will say about NR's is once you get them right it doesn't take much adjustment from there on out. Richen the top 1/12 or two to start the day and lean it out as needed, but other than that they're gravy once set-up.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Is there anyone on this forum from japan or hong kong that can let us know about new stuff coming out for the v-one series
Old 08-23-2002, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you can find most kyosho new items here. http://www.kyosho.co.jp/models/newitem/newitem.html
Old 08-23-2002, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

ok thanks
Old 08-23-2002, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Are there any other sites out there
Old 08-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Kyosho V-One RR Two-Speed Transmission

Does anyone know where I can purchase the complete 2-Speed Transmission set for the V-One RR? What is the part # for the complete V-One RR 2-Speed Transmission? Tower Hobbies (only place you can purchase Kyosho online in U.S.) from what I can see does not sell the complete 2-Speed Transmission. They sell these parts of the 2-Speed Transmission, but I am not sure if they make up the complete 2-Speed Transmission. Here is what Tower sells as parts for the 2-Speed Transmission:

FM359
Kyosho 1st Housing Fantom

FM360
Kyosho 2nd Shoe Set Fantom

FM361
Kyosho 2nd Shoe Holder Fantom

Is this everything I need for the complete V-One RR 2-Speed Transmission? If not, what other parts and hardware do I need? I lost my instructional manual, does anyone have a "picture" of the manual page with the description and CAD drawing on how to assemble the V-One RR 2-Speed Transmission? I need the instructions for the V-One RR 2-Speed Transmission it in order to properly assemble the 2-Speed Transmission.

Thanks in advance! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Rich

Last edited by racer rich; 08-23-2002 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

if you need the clutch too it is KYOC8071
Old 08-24-2002, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger

Well can't argue with the sweet spot logic, you guys are on about that. But you have to look at it from an inexperienced tuner's perspective. With an OS, the performance delta between the sweet spot and non-sweet spot isn't nearly as great. I mean an OS will run better tuned optimally, but it will still run pretty good when not. New racers rarely can use all the power anyway so they have a wide window to set the needles and still run the race.

NR or Collari not so, you aren't going to last a race or keep an engine long with a poorly tuned novarossi - matter of fact you're lucky to get a picco started if your needles aren't right, so that's what i'm saying when I say "easier to tune." The OS is more forgiving than the others, maybe not any easier to get the optimal tune, but easier to get a tune that will get you around the track for the inexperienced tuner.

One thing I will say about NR's is once you get them right it doesn't take much adjustment from there on out. Richen the top 1/12 or two to start the day and lean it out as needed, but other than that they're gravy once set-up.
I agree totally.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

I second that
Old 08-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how to properly install the kawahara blade type front sway bar or maybe someone has a pic? I put mine on but just want to make sure its right. Thanks, Deves
Old 08-24-2002, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Kyosho and Trinity in Bed together

Hey guys I've been thinking about this and wondered what you all's take on it is.

I think Kyosho and Trinity must have some sort of arrangement together.

1) The Reflex shares 90% of the design of the VoneR. I mean cars have come out that are similar in design, but we're talking the parts are interchangeable. Surely kyosho had to be involved in giving trinity the specs on the car.

2) Chris smith used to work with Kyosho before the reflex came out and now he works for trinity.

3)Kyosho has an awesome car yet they strangely have ZERO factory support for it in the United States? They have factory drivers in Australia and I imagine they do elsewhere in the world -Surely they have some deal with trinity for them not to support it here?

4)Josh Cyrul drives for trinity but also drives the fantom 1/8 scale and is apparently involved in some sort of negotiating with kyosho to run the car over here.

I just can't seem to figure out why kyosho would not support the car over here more when they would sell a ton more kits if they did? You think trinity is paying Kyosho to keep quiet in U.S. market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.