Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 06:10 PM
nw
Tech Rookie

Wink

I've been racing a voner for over a year with good success, the car is fast and very strong, I'd recommend fitting the front gear diff if the one way is not to your liking.
I have just started racing an NTC3 and was also doubtful of the shaft drive, all I can say is don't worry about it, it's ffffast.
To date nothing has broken but the diff outdrives are showing signs of rapid wear. The two shoe clutch is not good and the pipe is useless on really hot motors. Some mods need to be made to fit 30mm rear tyres.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink Re: Re: Frustrated

Originally posted by Manticore

1/. check shim between flywheel and engine casing. The manual said you need shim to make sure flywheel wont catch on casing when you tighten the clutch nut.

2/. make sure you shim correctly between the clutch nut and the inner clutch bell bearing. your clutch bell should be able to spin freely (shim until it is just able to spin freely) when you position your engine so that the clutch bell pointing upward. the trust bearing end play plays important adjustment role for engagement point also, you need around 0.3 to 0.5 play between the outter clutch bearing and the trust bearing.

3/. the stock clutch spring is a bit soft with nowaday hi performance engine. It is just fine with OS engine but you need a stiffer clutch spring for novarossi engine. you may use serpent centax clutch spring to increase clutch spring preload.

Hi Manticore,

Got a problem with my 3D centax clutch setting... the car is already engaged on the clutch shoe and started running even the throttle is set at minimum.. what is the likely problem for this senario? I have already put in eight or nine shims between the clutch nut and inner clutch bell bearing.

By the way, I not using the v1RR manual.. anywhere I can get an online version of that engine page for that v1rr manual??

THanks,
Steve
Old 06-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Hi, I might not be the all knowing Jedi master Manticore
But here is my thought on your clutch problem, I don't beleive its a shim issue, I think you have the clutch nut not adjusted tight enough, this would make the clutch engage at lower rpm.

Tighten that little buger up a bit and try that it should work fine
Old 06-09-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Centax Clutch

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I looking forward to try out this weekend. Will be posting here again to tell the result.

Cheers!
Old 06-09-2002, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Hi, I might not be the all knowing Jedi master Manticore
But here is my thought on your clutch problem, I don't beleive its a shim issue, I think you have the clutch nut not adjusted tight enough, this would make the clutch engage at lower rpm.

Tighten that little buger up a bit and try that it should work fine
HAM !! where have you been? how's racing so far? how's your V1RR doing??

Of cuz you could be my spokeman while I am not around !!

I think Zongling you need to make sure there is end play between the trust bearing and the outter clutch bearing. If this is tight after you tightened the cap screw your clutch will be locked up.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

HAM !! where have you been? how's racing so far? how's your V1RR doing??

Of cuz you could be my spokeman while I am not around !!

I think Zongling you need to make sure there is end play between the trust bearing and the outter clutch bearing. If this is tight after you tightened the cap screw your clutch will be locked up.
Well Jedi Master I have been helping my wife finish her room addition, as in tons of honey do lists, fix this repair that, more or less working on the house

As for the v one r I ran it a couple of weeks ago, had some one way issues, seems that one of the bearing inside the diff come out so it has 3 wheel drive, I am still waiting for a .12 tr modified that I had W Fok send out a few months ago, with his stuff
also waiting on a tire truer
I bought the 02 IMPACT only because I have always wanted one,
good car wish I had gotten one years ago, but with all the improvements glad I waited
other than that not much doing around here

so what's the latest in HK ??
Old 06-10-2002, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Well Jedi Master I have been helping my wife finish her room addition, as in tons of honey do lists, fix this repair that, more or less working on the house

As for the v one r I ran it a couple of weeks ago, had some one way issues, seems that one of the bearing inside the diff come out so it has 3 wheel drive, I am still waiting for a .12 tr modified that I had W Fok send out a few months ago, with his stuff
also waiting on a tire truer
I bought the 02 IMPACT only because I have always wanted one,
good car wish I had gotten one years ago, but with all the improvements glad I waited
other than that not much doing around here

so what's the latest in HK ??
Seems like you have a lot to do with your honey do lists

I have got a hudy tire truer too, damn it is expensive but it is one great truer to play with. How's Mr. Fok anyway?? havent heard from him long time? is he alright??
Old 06-11-2002, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Seems like you have a lot to do with your honey do lists

I have got a hudy tire truer too, damn it is expensive but it is one great truer to play with. How's Mr. Fok anyway?? havent heard from him long time? is he alright??

I could make a career with the honey do list

As for Mr. Fok he seems to be doing ok
I guess he is keeping a low profile he does still read the threads
Old 06-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Hey there! Wow! It's been a long time since I stepped in! I tried reading through all these unread pages till I gave up!!

All you guys seem to be living life well eh!

By the way, just to share a bit... The Nova S5 rocks!!
Old 06-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

what happened to him?? why he need to keep himself low profile? is that the reason he has so many RC cars for him to take care with now??
Old 06-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

what happened to him?? why he need to keep himself low profile? is that the reason he has so many RC cars for him to take care with now??

In a nut shell, he is tired of trying to defend his opinion on R/C matters

I know everyone has there own opinion on certian things, but there has been a few people in cyber land who won't let certian subjucts just die.
So he hangs low, because he is tired od the BULL SHIT

As for cars yea he has alot of them. I guess its not what he wan't to do right now, or he has been kid napped by some whacked out R/C CULT and is in the procces of brain washing
Old 06-12-2002, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

In a nut shell, he is tired of trying to defend his opinion on R/C matters

I know everyone has there own opinion on certian things, but there has been a few people in cyber land who won't let certian subjucts just die.
So he hangs low, because he is tired od the BULL SHIT

As for cars yea he has alot of them. I guess its not what he wan't to do right now, or he has been kid napped by some whacked out R/C CULT and is in the procces of brain washing
That is bad to see he has got interrupted with the arguments. I would not take it seriously but treat it as an experience to see how "wonderful" we, human is.

Brain Wash !!! oh I like that Idea !!
Old 06-12-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Brain Wash !!! oh I like that Idea !!
Yea------ I am going to try it OK

Tire truer................Tire truer..................Tire truer.....................

Hope this works
Old 06-12-2002, 11:04 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Yea------ I am going to try it OK

Tire truer................Tire truer..................Tire truer.....................

Hope this works
No good....if any of us had a brain to wash...we would not be running RC cars!!!
Old 06-13-2002, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

See I stay out of the forum and people still talk about me.

DTM how old are you?

Last edited by Sydewynder; 06-15-2002 at 12:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.