Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 07:41 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BeaV1s
Hi everybody! Can anyone help me out here? My V-one R two speed seems to shift erratically. What I mean is, when it shifts, the engine seems to hesitate. What could be the problem?
Does it consistently hesitate at the same point of the rev range? If it does, it is working fine.

The hestiation may be due to it kicking in at too low a rev. The 2 stroke engines don't have that much low end grunt. If this is the case, try to screw in both screws on the 2 speed shoes...about a 1/4 turn at a time and try each time. This will push the revs higher before changing up and should be smoother in action!
Old 05-13-2002, 07:43 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Stir Up

Originally posted by Manticore

i just use 5x8 bearings on the tensioner and the problem fixed no more pulley mix up !!
No no...the belt almost touches upon itself to get the correct tension.........I didn't realise losing 2 teeth would make such a big difference!!! (it was using a new belt too!)

I think 24/19 would be ok but would lead to even more front O/D!
Old 05-13-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Stir Up

Originally posted by dtm

In that case....lets get back on track!!
You guys should have call me to join in!!!
Old 05-13-2002, 07:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KY9fat

Too late.....you have missed the boat already!!!!
Old 05-13-2002, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KY9fat

you always come late
Old 05-13-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Stir Up

Originally posted by dtm

No no...the belt almost touches upon itself to get the correct tension.........I didn't realise losing 2 teeth would make such a big difference!!! (it was using a new belt too!)

I think 24/19 would be ok but would lead to even more front O/D!
cut down your front tire a bit more !!

I bet you wont !
Old 05-13-2002, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

ok guys - let's just squash it for real. I've seen enough to know what the dynamic is here. There are a couple clowns from hong kong, and a couple of clowns from australia, and everybody else seems to be good-hearted racers (DTM included).

No one believes all asian cars are junk - I happen to really dig the voner; At the moment it's the nitro car I have in my box that I can drive the best. It's not the fastest, not even close, but it's tough as nails and consistent which is what I need as a new driver. If Kyosho would support the car here and didn't have that crazy arrangement with great plains jacking the prices up I'm sure there would be more races won with it and more people driving it. Other than the better quality of the plastics and belts it's not much better or worse than a reflex. Reflex stock clutch (yokomo) and 2 speed is better, voner has lighter chassis quality part design. So no one is questioning japanese engineering - I'd have to sell half the stuff in my house including mine and my wife's car if I was going to do that.

On this whole flame - It turned into a flame when the name calling and personal attacks started. DTM- you quoted the only thing's useful manticore posted but you left out hoardes of crap where he was obviously instigating. I'm not going to post it again - enough's enough.

This pulley is aluminum, not the stock. If you can get a bag full of aluminum pullies for 10 bucks then you can see why I would've wanted to order parts from hong kong. When I made the comment about paypal I wasn't referring to the pulley I was needing to order some RR parts centax/mounts/etc. Not very many lhs over here sell anything for the voner. I offered a buyer's fee as well so I don't see where I was so out of line with these hong kong guys. I was put off by the arrogant responses and I believe, so was proudwinner.

There were more generalizations made here about Americans than anything. Then when Americans show up and start calling folks, the perps backed off and started saying they were only talking about the two "P's", not Americans. LOL. Back-pedaling at its finest.

I say squash it - who cares. I'm not going to stop running the V1R because there happen to be nuts from hong kong and australia that are pompously passionate about the car. I see whose intentions are sincere and who is full of it on this thread so if i have any questions about a voner i'll send a PM to someone that has good sense.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

oh yeah - since I've seen these avatar references. FYI, I had plans to change my avatar that had nothing to do with this thread. I good friend of mine just finished painting that Stratus for me the day before this flame-war ever started. My previous avatar was the last tight body he painted for me and this one will stay unless he can figure a way to top that beautiful stars and stripes.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
This pulley is aluminum, not the stock. If you can get a bag full of aluminum pullies for 10 bucks then you can see why I would've wanted to order parts from hong kong. When I made the comment about paypal I wasn't referring to the pulley I was needing to order some RR parts centax/mounts/etc. Not very many lhs over here sell anything for the voner. I offered a buyer's fee as well so I don't see where I was so out of line with these hong kong guys. I was put off by the arrogant responses and I believe, so was proudwinner.

There were more generalizations made here about Americans than anything. Then when Americans show up and start calling folks, the perps backed off and started saying they were only talking about the two "P's", not Americans. LOL. Back-pedaling at its finest.

I say squash it - who cares. I'm not going to stop running the V1R because there happen to be nuts from hong kong and australia that are pompously passionate about the car. I see whose intentions are sincere and who is full of it on this thread so if i have any questions about a voner i'll send a PM to someone that has good sense.
You are so smart!!! I wish I had your knowledge of this car so can I PM you????

There was no backpedaling, just pointing out that your and your boyfriend proudwinner turned up and started the name calling and general unpleasantness. I pointed out how some "yanks" which is you and your boyfriend proudwinner, can be downright arrogant assholes about Japanese cars which is what your boyfriend actually wrote!! Then I realised with the general over-sensitivity of some people on these boards they might take it the wrong way and clarified my statement about 3 posts later. As per usual dickwads like you take my statements out of context and quote them to suit your purposes. Fine, if you want to misquote that is fine, and if others are too ignorant to read my clarification then screw em. The internet is a totally word based environment where sometimes the context of what is said is not clear just by the words. I am sure every frequent user of this board has had a moment where their posts were read in the wrong light by somebody. Mostly people don't use these misquotes, especially after a clarification, for "political milage" like you. What you don't realise is that if you and your boyfriend had not posted any unpleasantness in the first place then there would have been no issue.

Manticore has over 3000 posts and I have several hundred in which we have never had a problem with anyone until you showed up spouting crap. I cannot help but notice pattydragger and proud have not even contributed any money to this site. You are using the whole "American generalistion" statement, which is totally bogus as anybody who can read will realise, to be a "righteous indignation" smokescreen for your stupidity and lack of general manners. Nobody is buying your garbage, and it is just proving that the "generalisation" is true in your case. Only one other person took my statements badly and we have subsequently come to an agreement.

You have threatened many times to leave this thread, please do so and take your "tight" body with you.

Last edited by AMGRacer; 05-13-2002 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BeaV1s
Hi everybody! Can anyone help me out here? My V-one R two speed seems to shift erratically. What I mean is, when it shifts, the engine seems to hesitate. What could be the problem?
Yes this can happen sometimes. If your shift point is too low or too high then it can cause the engine to stutter.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
No one believes all asian cars are junk - I happen to really dig the voner
OK lets do some quotes from you boys now:

Originally posted by proudwinner
Patelladragger, ****em!, they can get all that shyt cheaper cause none of their shyt wins any races. Ever seen an OVA touring sedan at an IFMAR event more less a ROAR regional AND WIN? No, you see AE TC3 over there and whoopin ass! Sorry, it's just that rudeness pisses me off to an extent where I have to vent. What about Slokomo, ooops I mean Brokomo-damn Yokomo? Nope, Street weapon fixed that shyt! Now with the new Shumachers and Losi's, you all are gonna need to drop them prices even lower
Are you backpeddaling now???
Old 05-13-2002, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by hooked_on
Can I just say that i am totally not impressed with some people's comments they have made on this forum in recent days regarding to the Japanese and their Engineering abilitys.... This forum is after all about one of the best cars designed out of Japan and we should be talking about it and not arguing over spilt milk. I bet this post is going to stir up a hornets nest again, but the V-One R is one of the best cars on the market, this is one of the best forums around and we have have some of the best peope around use this forum and i have great respect for these people and don't think that some stupid idiots should wreck it for everyone.
Hooked_on

I agree dude. We have 80 pages of good stuff, most of which Manticore contributed too!!
Old 05-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hi MantiKore!

Team HardKore! Whats up Anthony? Send me some more movies please
Old 05-13-2002, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Hey buddies !

Fact/Amg catch you later when I have back to office.

Old 05-13-2002, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

V-one-R

Can some one tell me is there a V-ONE-RR. And what's the difference from the V-ONE-R {GRP}

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.