Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys.... can any of you give me a good setup or the stock v one r setup with foams, regular diffs all around, no swaybars for a med size parking lot with traction that feels like sand paper.
i plan to run foams but dont know which one.
i have trc double purples, reds, and jaco double purple and reds.

Please let me know if you have a good setup or the original stock v one r setup.

thanks again
Lito
Old 02-18-2002, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

If anyone is interested, I am selling my V-ONE R on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1705810986

Starting bid is $250 and includes:

Kawahara front and rear graphite shock towers, Kawahara Light Weight Carbon Radio Plate, Kawahara Aluminum Brake Bracket and Side Brace, Five Star side stiffiner w/ belt tensioner, and Kyosho engine cooling fan.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Rookie

guys, is it true that VoneR and VoneS uses the same engine mounts?

coz i have a VoneS, which i am looking for an engine mount to mount my RS12TS2 Novarossi engine.

does anyone know where i can order it online?

also, is it possible to put the centax clutch on the VoneS?
Old 02-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Hey boys and girls-
If anyone out there has any spare stock V-One R gear diffs that they're not using anymore I'd be interested in buying them. I'd like to buy them for my GRP version, for short track racing. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
I have the v-one r GRP silver label. Am I correct to say that the original foam tires are 26mm wide for both front and rear? What would I have to purchase (with part number please) so that I can run the wider rear tires? Thanks.
The stock GRP kit that I have had 26mm in the front and 30mm in the rear. Just go with the ZAC Project foams (32mm), and once you've mounted them, narrow your rear wheelbase to 200mm with the pillow balls.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kevink2
Hey boys and girls-
If anyone out there has any spare stock V-One R gear diffs that they're not using anymore I'd be interested in buying them. I'd like to buy them for my GRP version, for short track racing. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks.
hEY Kevin....aren't you running that Kawahara Neg Diff???
Old 02-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Default foam question

anybody have 30 or 32mm rear foams on? How did you get them to fit?

thanks
Old 02-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: foam question

Originally posted by patelladragger
anybody have 30 or 32mm rear foams on? How did you get them to fit?

thanks
You can use a kawahara wide wheel hub adapter...or 2mm spacer from HPI...
Old 02-18-2002, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by got_speed?

hEY Kevin....aren't you running that Kawahara Neg Diff???
Yep, but TambokGT was talking about going to Hot Rod's, so I figure I might need to lose the one-way, etc. for that track. It's much smaller, probably need more brakes there.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

How short of a track is it ? I race on one with a 120-130ft straight and we use a one ways and solid rears or neg diffs the fast gus are turning 12 sec lap times me I am around mid 13's so I could say I am a rolling road block
Old 02-18-2002, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

You know it's not the lap times that determine where you place at the finish.................................It's whether your wheel falls off or not. Ahahahaha. j/k HAG
Old 02-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
How short of a track is it ? I race on one with a 120-130ft straight and we use a one ways and solid rears or neg diffs the fast gus are turning 12 sec lap times me I am around mid 13's so I could say I am a rolling road block
It's probably about the same... that's encouraging.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sydewynder
It's whether your wheel falls off or not. Ahahahaha. j/k HAG

you get one of these
Old 02-20-2002, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Sydewynder, H.A.G., Are you guys going up to Delta this Sunday for the Race? For me, I'm not going to be racing this Sunday. I have to entertain some females from Vegas , My R(R) is getting started Yesterday. For my Xray is always ready.

For my V One R, That was badly damage a couple of weeks ago. The damage was very extend, I pretty much bought another car, with all those parts I had purchase, to rebuild this car. Last Sunday I finally took it out to run, for the first time since the damage. I had the engine warmed up, and ran two laps at Colma parking lot, and some guy came out of no where with his 1/8 scale buggy hit me in the back broke my rear shock tower and one shock. I only got 2 laps, now it's back to the hobby store to get some parts to replace what I had stole from my other R Kits
Old 02-20-2002, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by milf
Sydewynder, H.A.G., Are you guys going up to Delta this Sunday for the Race? For me, I'm not going to be racing this Sunday. I have to entertain some females from Vegas , My R(R) is getting started Yesterday. For my Xray is always ready.

For my V One R, That was badly damage a couple of weeks ago. The damage was very extend, I pretty much bought another car, with all those parts I had purchase, to rebuild this car. Last Sunday I finally took it out to run, for the first time since the damage. I had the engine warmed up, and ran two laps at Colma parking lot, and some guy came out of no where with his 1/8 scale buggy hit me in the back broke my rear shock tower and one shock. I only got 2 laps, now it's back to the hobby store to get some parts to replace what I had stole from my other R Kits
what happened to the speed of your RR? the 1/8 buggy shouldnt be able to catch you up !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.