Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 09:14 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Zongliang, Kenneth

Originally posted by Mauler

The spares of the RR are not in Singapore yet, so u might have to wait a couple of weeks more before the parts come in... When that time comes, you can always pop by any LHS and pick the part that u need...

For running the wide rear, u would have to get a wider hex hub... Kahawara has them... but if u are willing to wait, u can save a bit more on getting the stock plastics...
For wider rear tires Kyosho have just used a longer metal outdriver with a spacer to push the hex out further. The dogbones are shorter too to bring the car back to 200mm, but you should be able to get away with original dogbones without the O-rings in the outdrivers! The plastic hubs are still the same
Old 02-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default V1RR compared to V1R

With the wider rear tyres, it means they are more stable while doing those sharp turns. Those original dogbones could still use if there are available gaps between tyres and chasis.

But I guess the basic concept still applied here, which mean it still do brakes instead of doing fast steering methods. Anyone has tried VOneRR like to comment on the road performances?

Cheers
Old 02-09-2002, 09:29 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

The shorter dogbones is just to keep the car race legal at 200mm, you can still use the std dogbones and re-adjust the pivot balls/turnbuckles. This 'may' bring the car slightly over 200mm.... although I have not tried!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Front Sway bar....which do you guys prefrer.....Handshake type or Bar Type???
Old 02-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Handshake for sure. Easy adjustment.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Comments on Novarossi 50220 and 50221 pipes.

Hey everyone, just wanted to know how good these pipes work with .12 engines? I have RB X-12 5 port and need a good pipe. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks alot. Good racing.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Nemesis.....I was told that the pipes that you mentioned are great top end pipes....a good combination for the x-12 5 port since those engines give a good amount of low end torque with any pipe....
Old 02-12-2002, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by got_speed?
Nemesis.....I was told that the pipes that you mentioned are great top end pipes....a good combination for the x-12 5 port since those engines give a good amount of low end torque with any pipe....
I have been running just the stock 50 weight oil on my shocks. I want to knwo what different weight oils do to the handling on the car. I would like to know the effect of heavier oil up front, lighter oil up front, heavier oil in the back and lighter oil in the back. Also would like to know why you would adjust shock oil weight over using different springs. This area I am stioll weak in my understanding as far as handling and tuning my car.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Shock Oil effects....

Originally posted by adelmundo

I have been running just the stock 50 weight oil on my shocks. I want to knwo what different weight oils do to the handling on the car. I would like to know the effect of heavier oil up front, lighter oil up front, heavier oil in the back and lighter oil in the back. Also would like to know why you would adjust shock oil weight over using different springs. This area I am stioll weak in my understanding as far as handling and tuning my car.
Oils don't determine the handling of your car - springs do.

Oils control springs - springs control the car.

You should set you oil so your springs return the car to its correct ride height - if your car bounces at any part of the track, get softer springs or heavier oil. The lower the oils, the less responsive and this usually results in high chassis roll, and a less 'twitchy' car.

Try it - put light oil in your front and a heavier oil in the rear and your car should oversteer and vice versa due to one end transferring weight quicker then the other.

Lets not forget about the effect of different shock pistons...

Off http://gallery.uunet.be/heremanss/

Heavier Front or Softer Rear

The turn radius is wider, but smoother. The car doesn't 'hook' suddenly

The car is easier to drive, and high-speed steering feels very nice.

Softer Front or Heavier Rear

The steering reacts quicker.

More and better low-speed steering

NR

Last edited by Michael_T; 02-12-2002 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Shock Oil effects....

Originally posted by Novarossi

Oils don't determine the handling of your car - springs do.

Oils control springs - springs control the car.

You should set you oil so your springs return the car to its correct ride height - if your car bounces at any part of the track, get softer springs or heavier oil. The lower the oils, the less responsive and this usually results in high chassis roll, and a less 'twitchy' car.

Try it - put light oil in your front and a heavier oil in the rear and your car should oversteer and vice versa due to one end transferring weight quicker then the other.

Lets not forget about the effect of different shock pistons...

Off http://gallery.uunet.be/heremanss/

Heavier Front or Softer Rear

The turn radius is wider, but smoother. The car doesn't 'hook' suddenly

The car is easier to drive, and high-speed steering feels very nice.

Softer Front or Heavier Rear

The steering reacts quicker.

More and better low-speed steering

NR
Thanks for the link to the site! Lots of info for me to go through now...many things I did not know or understand before.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jonathan
Sherman!! Hey welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your car. Is this after I talked to you? My car ran away last weekend when someone jumped on my channel. Luckily... nothing broke...but it was badly tweeked. So I pulled out my one-way solid rear R and worked out a killer set-up. It was so dialed...WICKED fast. I am kind of glad my other car ran away. So... hopefully something good will come out of your incident as well. Good luck.

Hey Jonathan!!! Thank You. Yeah, I was running the car that one sunday at that parking lot that I told you about. Well, I had spoke with you a little of the incident. Well, I was going around the parking lot for a couple of hours before the big crash. I was standing at the far left of where the car hit this drainage part of the middle of the lot, and somehow the car just lost control and headed towards the stair case, we were on the 5th floor, so you know what was going through my mind at the time I saw the car heading full speed, I took off running towards the stair case but it hit the wall so hard that it put a dent in the concret wall, at this time I'm not sure if the motor is damage yet, Have no time to work on any of my cars. The damage is consider total lost at this time by looking at it with out taking any parts off. The car was fast though, I use a little soda in my nitro ( 19% soda ) It made a difference though
Old 02-13-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default New Nova 5 ports!!!

Hey guys and girls! Announcing the arrival of the new Novarossi 5 port!! So who volunteers for testing?

NOVA ENGINE
RS 12 T5 "Race" R.E.

Rated at 1.5 HP!! I take that with a pinch of salt though...

AVAILABLE: MAY/JUNE 2002

Last edited by Mauler; 02-13-2002 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone, im not sure if i can post for sale items here i have a new in box v1r kit plus the following K factory partsbrake pully,27 tooth pulley.anti roll bar kit,rear carbon shock tower,19 tooth pulley,carbon radio tray,middle shaft,middle shaft mount,carbon brake bracket,4mm blue chassis,front pulley,front shock tower,2 speed shaft,18 tooth pulley.carbon bulkhead stiffner,low cg fuel tank, plus these kawahara parts , neg diff,low cg motor mounts ,flywheel,hex hubs. and a titanium screw set $675.00
my contest schedule will not allow me to race this summer

Thanks, Ray Powell TEAM FUTABA
Old 02-14-2002, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: New Nova 5 ports!!!

Originally posted by Mauler
Hey guys and girls! Announcing the arrival of the new Novarossi 5 port!! So who volunteers for testing?

NOVA ENGINE
RS 12 T5 "Race" R.E.

Rated at 1.5 HP!! I take that with a pinch of salt though...

AVAILABLE: MAY/JUNE 2002
The specs look very close to the RB 5 port..
Old 02-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

I was looking at the latest RC Nitro and like Motorman (Dennis Richey) stated, saw an ad for the new Ofna Picco 7 Port .12 Rear Exhaust Turbo. It's just funny because Ofna's name is slapped on it hehehe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.