Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Snow is gone and Mika is running...

Cool video. Well prepped car.

Now find another and go race!!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Indeed! Thank you Sir!

Next.. I'll go to the track once have the chance and race with .. whomever there is
Old 09-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikaR
Improved air filter.. I cut an outer filter from .12 foam filter

I noticed gas & brake works best if you leave out the collar here (circled on the photo below) and put some grease inside the brake link.

This keeps the residue out, as advised by Zootcapri..

Cheers
I know i asked this question a couple of years back but, how does the s09r , compare to the stock motor? Is it worth the price? If so, does someone else carry it other than the-border? Tx.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
I know i asked this question a couple of years back but, how does the s09r , compare to the stock motor? Is it worth the price? If so, does someone else carry it other than the-border? Tx.
RPM seems higher and I can feel a more speed when fitted with 2speed. It seems to need more maintenance! I am also looking into the AMR Scud 09r engine.

http://www.amrtech.com.tw/products/pd_list.php?sid=2
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
RPM seems higher and I can feel a more speed when fitted with 2speed. It seems to need more maintenance! I am also looking into the AMR Scud 09r engine.

http://www.amrtech.com.tw/products/pd_list.php?sid=2
Thanks for the info.

If you get that AMR let me know how it compares!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like a composite pipe, can you confirm? It's a good feeling to see Kyosho coming out with new vehicles in a brand new classes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

decided to go from stock to as much hop ups is still available! With the AMR .12 motor I am getting 1.3 HP now instead of .09hp. Can wait to see and feel the difference!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-dscn0005.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-dscn0006.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-dscn0004.jpg  

Last edited by hotdognobun; 11-10-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

decided to go from stock to as much hop ups is still available! With the AMR .12 motor I am getting 1.3 HP now instead of .09hp. Can wait to see and feel the difference!!!!!
I'M looking into getting that amrtech motor as well. Just to be clear, is that the amr motor for the spada cz09 or are you cramming a .12 motor into the spada?

Let me know if it fits and how it goes!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Hi, seeing you question regarding the "R" motor just now - I only have the head, the motor itself is the same stock engine, although nowdays I have OS 4-stroke on it. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzwWLmrdoFE and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp9h2p1vti4
Old 11-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'M looking into getting that amrtech motor as well. Just to be clear, is that the amr motor for the spada cz09 or are you cramming a .12 motor into the spada?

Let me know if it fits and how it goes!
The amr is a direct fit in the Spada. No mod needed to make it fit. AMR does sell a conversion for the spada but its just basically their .09 motor with a flywheel and motor mount and same HP as the kyosho stock but with higher rpm. The .12 I went for is the same size as the stock but has .12 cc specs and 1.3 hp. Only different is higher profile due to larger heat sink. You will need to buy the spada specific flywheel and motor mount it comes with nut and screws with flywheel.

EGR Mart
Old 11-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi, seeing you question regarding the "R" motor just now - I only have the head, the motor itself is the same stock engine, although nowdays I have OS 4-stroke on it. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzwWLmrdoFE and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp9h2p1vti4
That a hyper crazy conversion! Kudos to you. Close up pics would be awesome.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

The amr is a direct fit in the Spada. No mod needed to make it fit. AMR does sell a conversion for the spada but its just basically their .09 motor with a flywheel and motor mount and same HP as the kyosho stock but with higher rpm. The .12 I went for is the same size as the stock but has .12 cc specs and 1.3 hp. Only different is higher profile due to larger heat sink. You will need to buy the spada specific flywheel and motor mount it comes with nut and screws with flywheel.

EGR Mart
How does the 1.3hp motor compare to stock....bottom & top? Any drivetrain issues? Also, what about the 09plus motor with the blue head.....I can't seem to find it in stock? Is there a noticeable difference as well? Tx.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

That a hyper crazy conversion! Kudos to you. Close up pics would be awesome.
Many thanks.

Here's a few

I would like to try the front spool instead of oneway (I think the 09L has it by stock) and also a better pipe solution.
The only tool I have is a dremel so my shop is a bit limited what comes to building. I made the carbon chassis myself to extend it a bit. I think the 09L chassis would be fine, too. I have 3mm carbon waiting to fine tune the chassis.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

How does the 1.3hp motor compare to stock....bottom & top? Any drivetrain issues? Also, what about the 09plus motor with the blue head.....I can't seem to find it in stock? Is there a noticeable difference as well? Tx.
Still in break in mode! I had the 09 plus but sold it for the .12. Its still available but EGR is alway sold out. I guess cause price is so good? Shoot them an email they are very helpful to me. The Plus had 1.02HP and slghtly lower CC1.6 The .12 has 1.96cc. I actually threw away the stock motor when I ran the Plus! It was so fast from low to top end and actually made the car handle better cause of the extra weight. The .12 started up right away and is loud for its size so I am expecting something special! Ceramic diff balls is a must and expect to refuel more often. I'll never go back to stock!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Many thanks.

Here's a few

I would like to try the front spool instead of oneway (I think the 09L has it by stock) and also a better pipe solution.
The only tool I have is a dremel so my shop is a bit limited what comes to building. I made the carbon chassis myself to extend it a bit. I think the 09L chassis would be fine, too. I have 3mm carbon waiting to fine tune the chassis.
I'm lost for words! An incredible piece you made. Kyosho really should look at this cause this what it should be like! I did a four stroke conversion on an old Kyosho (FW04) but seeing you do it at a amaller scale. Incredible! Yoo got PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.