R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/158608-kyosho-gas-powered-1-12th-pan-car.html)

ianhobbies 04-12-2007 06:33 AM

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

1 Attachment(s)
saw this post at redrc.net

It shows a new, concept stage, project by Kyosho to make a 1/12th gas powered 4wd pan car, sporting what looks like the same Sirio .09 engine that comes with the Mini Inferno range of buggies. As my Japanese is pretty bad, all i can comment on is the picture and i have to say that it looks like a rather awkward and cramped layout with 2 belt configuration, side mounted disk brake and 2 speed gearbox. The rear top mounted exhaust just looks like an afterthought and as much as the center of the car looks too busy, the front has nothing going on. What do you guys think?

bozla 04-12-2007 08:33 AM

Yeah, looks like a lot of weight on the rear. If its running on sponge it'll be ok. I think the engine will be a little underpowered but its 2 speed right? I wonder if it'll go faster than electric 12th scale?

GMartinez 04-12-2007 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ianhobbies
saw this post at redrc.net

It shows a new, concept stage, project by Kyosho to make a 1/12th gas powered 4wd pan car, sporting what looks like the same Sirio .09 engine that comes with the Mini Inferno range of buggies. As my Japanese is pretty bad, all i can comment on is the picture and i have to say that it looks like a rather awkward and cramped layout with 2 belt configuration, side mounted disk brake and 2 speed gearbox. The rear top mounted exhaust just looks like an afterthought and as much as the center of the car looks too busy, the front has nothing going on. What do you guys think?

Nice if im bored enough I might just get one

ianhobbies 04-12-2007 05:11 PM

car

Originally Posted by bozla
Yeah, looks like a lot of weight on the rear. If its running on sponge it'll be ok. I think the engine will be a little underpowered but its 2 speed right? I wonder if it'll go faster than electric 12th scale?

yeah.. everything that runs on foams im down with it hehe..

randay 04-12-2007 06:12 PM

oooohhh.... aaaahhhhh... :tire:

mugendude 04-12-2007 06:30 PM

man a mini eighth scale car sweet i can now practice in my garage for an up coming race now mugen needs to make one i know its just a computer image but maybee it will make it the production line ;)

rcfoolz 04-12-2007 07:42 PM

this little 1/12th car looks very promissing. as for being underpowered, I've ran with .09 engines in a 1/10th pan car in oval.....They are just about as fast as a .12....the weight on the rear, not much to worry about with the pan car, as it can be set up to take care of that......This would be a great car to convert over to Oval, sure would draw intrest from the oval community.... :nod:

rcfoolz 04-12-2007 07:47 PM

I didn't even notice, that is 4WD! Too Cool!....would have to have a one-way setup on the front, or a ball diff in the pully......way too cool!

Dynamite 04-12-2007 08:14 PM

Nice.... half-fantom?

i'm with you GMartinez, i might get one if i'm bored too - or maybe just get one cause it'll looks sick :D

twiggy 04-12-2007 10:19 PM

does this mean sirio are still with kyosho? :confused:

Ivan Dickson 04-12-2007 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
this little 1/12th car looks very promissing. as for being underpowered, I've ran with .09 engines in a 1/10th pan car in oval.....They are just about as fast as a .12....the weight on the rear, not much to worry about with the pan car, as it can be set up to take care of that......This would be a great car to convert over to Oval, sure would draw intrest from the oval community.... :nod:

That would be cool to have a oval class with this car :nod: Then I would want one :nod: considering I use to race oval back in the 90s. :nod: :nod: :tire: :tire:

Dynamite 04-13-2007 12:58 AM

oval class.... wouldnt you guys get sick of going around in circles...?

Grassy 04-13-2007 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by twiggy
does this mean sirio are still with kyosho? :confused:

as long as Gary has sirio then sirio will always be with my Kyosho :lol: :lol:

Sirio + Kyosho = Heaven lol

mugendude 04-13-2007 04:46 AM

forget oval put it on a road coarse and modify it with a front one way ;)

RC MARKET 04-13-2007 09:30 AM

Kart feel