Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Many thanks. At least it has enough power for the size. A real drag racer.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
Still in break in mode! I had the 09 plus but sold it for the .12. Its still available but EGR is alway sold out. I guess cause price is so good? Shoot them an email they are very helpful to me. The Plus had 1.02HP and slghtly lower CC1.6 The .12 has 1.96cc. I actually threw away the stock motor when I ran the Plus! It was so fast from low to top end and actually made the car handle better cause of the extra weight. The .12 started up right away and is loud for its size so I am expecting something special! Ceramic diff balls is a must and expect to refuel more often. I'll never go back to stock!
Take pics of it installed an report back. One thing...where can I purchase the ceramic diff balls?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone run one of the 2 09L cars? Are the rubber tires standard EP touring type of tires? They look like they would be fun to bully the local Tamiya mini class.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
Take pics of it installed an report back. One thing...where can I purchase the ceramic diff balls?

Will do. I purchased mine from ACER. 1/8 in size. They are common everywhere. Most 1/12 uses them. Boca Diff balls are good but I like the smoothness of ACER. Also I am using the Kyosho tuned pipe which is kinda hard to find nowadays. Its kinda a wierd design but it does open up the top end and gives super smooth throttle response. Wish there were more gearing option available though!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Will do. I purchased mine from ACER. 1/8 in size. They are common everywhere. Most 1/12 uses them. Boca Diff balls are good but I like the smoothness of ACER. Also I am using the Kyosho tuned pipe which is kinda hard to find nowadays. Its kinda a wierd design but it does open up the top end and gives super smooth throttle response. Wish there were more gearing option available though!
Tx. I have the kyosho tuned pipe...i should have bought 2.....
Old 11-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Hi, anyone knows where to get a front spool for the Spada 09? (in the net)
Or a ball diff.
Thanks!

e: Found one already. Thanks

Last edited by MikaR; 11-28-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Still in break in mode! I had the 09 plus but sold it for the .12. Its still available but EGR is alway sold out. I guess cause price is so good? Shoot them an email they are very helpful to me. The Plus had 1.02HP and slghtly lower CC1.6 The .12 has 1.96cc. I actually threw away the stock motor when I ran the Plus! It was so fast from low to top end and actually made the car handle better cause of the extra weight. The .12 started up right away and is loud for its size so I am expecting something special! Ceramic diff balls is a must and expect to refuel more often. I'll never go back to stock!
How's this engine working out? Is it too much for the spada? I'm looking to pick on up and walk some touring cars down the back straight! I've got a modded .09 so I'm curious to see how this compares.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
How's this engine working out? Is it too much for the spada? I'm looking to pick on up and walk some touring cars down the back straight! I've got a modded .09 so I'm curious to see how this compares.
unfortunatley I am running it on the AMR Scud 1/12 touring which is super quick and decided to focus on it. I am selling my spada with the same engine but new. If you put this in a spada I promise you will hang or blow a 1/10 tourer on the straights. handling is another story

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...sho-spada.html
Old 01-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default my spada

Hello my name is frank and this is my spada.
Ihave made some pictures.I try to make some better one in a few days
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-bild-124.jpg  
Old 01-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So with everyone in the US that has one of these. Did you purchase it is the States or from overseas. If you did get it in the US could you tell me where you go to get one I have been tring for a while. My LHS tried to import some from Kyosho but they keep giving them the go around..
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Recoiled Revo
So with everyone in the US that has one of these. Did you purchase it is the States or from overseas. If you did get it in the US could you tell me where you go to get one I have been tring for a while. My LHS tried to import some from Kyosho but they keep giving them the go around..
I have a "Factory Sealed" NIB kit #31321 I'll sell you, send me a PM if interestred.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have been away for a while and what did Mika shoehorn into that chassis.

Looks like great craftsmanship. Now add my fuel tank conversion and run for days on a tankfull.....

Also, I bought the remaining USA Twister tire inventory of Spada tires thinking that I would wear them out and need more... I may wear some out... but not all that I have. I will list them in the 'For Sale' thread if there is interest. Let me know if there is anybody interested in some spares. Probably $10 pair plus actual shipping ... fronts or rears... 40 shore. Just testing the waters. Let me know.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maurer
Hello my name is frank and this is my spada.
Ihave made some pictures.I try to make some better one in a few days
how's that amr engine working out? I bought one and i've been breaking it in in my garage. Looks like it will be superfast in the spada.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

hello
Its a great engine with a lot of power.But i think to get the maximum power ihave to use the kyosho tuning pipe.
today i was driving after two month.but not long because it was so cold.only 3c.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maurer
hello
Its a great engine with a lot of power.But i think to get the maximum power ihave to use the kyosho tuning pipe.
today i was driving after two month.but not long because it was so cold.only 3c.
Good to hear...and btw I have that pipe.....it's awesome....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.