R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #5281
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 169
Default

do any of you have used the 30g xray weight that sits between the engine and battery? the thing is that i'm hesitating in using it, because of overweight, or by moving the center weight of the car backwards, don't know, need advises, i will also try to balance the card by adding weight to the pipe side of the car, i will use the mini scales in for wheels. i also got the ti pivot balls i think they are made by atomic rc, supposing that the steel ones and these ti ones, are exactly same size, which ones will you use?

i'm trying to save some wieght by using the ti pivot balls and for then adding the balance weight and the 30g xray weight, but i'm affraid will be too much wieght.
mc_chofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #5282
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2111 View Post
Not that much of the difference Alex.. main things is front bottom arm and rear link bridge which gives you bit more tuning ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Alex you cant go wrong, good choice, I run the 08 version and it still kicks ass. They last long time, you will n-joy.

Cheers
Alex.K
Thanks boy's . You guys are making my decision easier. lol i dont want to make a mistake again , if ya know what i mean .
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #5283
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

The front wheelbase is adjustable.
The top deck is a lot narrower which i believe creates more flex in the front, i am using a locker and i have a tonne of steering..when i ran the 08 i wasnt able to run a locker as it would understeer.

the belts are also 1mm wider to give you strength and reliability. Give ari a call at hei.com.au he has them in stock.

buy the kit and the blue soft springs front and rear, 2.2mm rear swaybar and if u like driving with a locker iw ould get that to xray make a super light front spool. otherwise run 150,000 weight front diff

call me if you have any other questions
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #5284
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
The front wheelbase is adjustable.
The top deck is a lot narrower which i believe creates more flex in the front, i am using a locker and i have a tonne of steering..when i ran the 08 i wasnt able to run a locker as it would understeer.

the belts are also 1mm wider to give you strength and reliability. Give ari a call at hei.com.au he has them in stock.

buy the kit and the blue soft springs front and rear, 2.2mm rear swaybar and if u like driving with a locker iw ould get that to xray make a super light front spool. otherwise run 150,000 weight front diff

call me if you have any other questions
calling doesnt help me as you gave me a disconnected number
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #5285
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

does anyone have any pics of the xray or 3racing graphite receiver bracket mounted on there car?
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #5286
Tech Apprentice
 
bigshow4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kokomo, IN
Posts: 52
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

FYI: Not sure if anyone else notices this or said somting but the large belt (the 390mm one) I believe is the same as a Losi JRX-S Pro but for around $5 less.

(I was trying to see if i could find belts that were less expensive for my JRX-S and thought u guys with the NT1's might save a little $$)

Losi part # is LOSA3302

3mm x 390mm belt, Grey in color.
__________________
If it's broke, I can fix it
If I can't fix it, It ain't broke
bigshow4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #5287
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshow4u View Post
FYI: Not sure if anyone else notices this or said somting but the large belt (the 390mm one) I believe is the same as a Losi JRX-S Pro but for around $5 less.

(I was trying to see if i could find belts that were less expensive for my JRX-S and thought u guys with the NT1's might save a little $$)

Losi part # is LOSA3302

3mm x 390mm belt, Grey in color.
are u sure it can fit ?

Original nt1 belt is 396mm long ( 396mm divide by 3mm pitch = 132 teeth )

Losi belt is 390mm = 130 teeth

2 teeth difference is quite a lot. ..... u need to install it to make sure the belt won't over strecth.

The width is also important too.

Too narrow, the belt will skip or ruin easily.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #5288
Tech Master
 
PDX-Spike's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 42
Posts: 1,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
are u sure it can fit ?

Original nt1 belt is 396mm long ( 396mm divide by 3mm pitch = 132 teeth )

Losi belt is 390mm = 130 teeth

2 teeth difference is quite a lot. ..... u need to install it to make sure the belt won't over strecth.

The width is also important too.

Too narrow, the belt will skip or ruin easily.
At 132 teeth at the tightest setting, my NT1 belt is a little looser than I would like. Subtract two teeth and I would probably like it alot better. I'll probably get one and see if it will work.
__________________
Roger Christal - Team Timezone (Hooligans), Rose City Scale Racing, ROAR Member until 9/16/2012
Support the locals: Timezone Raceway, Timezone II, R/C Plus, Portland RC Raceway
McKune Design, Slapmaster Tools, Houston's Engine Service
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:49 AM   #5289
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX-Spike View Post
At 132 teeth at the tightest setting, my NT1 belt is a little looser than I would like. Subtract two teeth and I would probably like it alot better. I'll probably get one and see if it will work.
OK, I take note on that. 130 teeth can fit even better.

Is the width same ?
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #5290
Tech Apprentice
 
bigshow4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kokomo, IN
Posts: 52
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Losi says they are 3mm wide but i measured mine and its 3.5 maybe 4mm.

If someone does try this and it does NOT work, I'll buy the belt from ya since i run a JRX-S.
__________________
If it's broke, I can fix it
If I can't fix it, It ain't broke
bigshow4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:10 AM   #5291
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

does the spektrum SR3000 or SR3001 fit in the xray receiver box?
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #5292
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN View Post
does the spektrum SR3000 or SR3001 fit in the xray receiver box?
Yes
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #5293
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 169
Default

hi i saw a post by musti72 on another post saying that the nt1 multiflex engine mount doesn't really work that well and instead most racers have replaced it with the original one is it real? i have the multiflex one installed on my nt1 but i didn't test the stock one, what would be a better option regular one, or the multiflex?
mc_chofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #5294
Tech Regular
 
casino57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sandwich,Il.
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_chofo View Post
hi i saw a post by musti72 on another post saying that the nt1 multiflex engine mount doesn't really work that well and instead most racers have replaced it with the original one is it real? i have the multiflex one installed on my nt1 but i didn't test the stock one, what would be a better option regular one, or the multiflex?
I'd try the stock engine mount and the 3mm chassis. We like running a little flex in the chassis.
__________________
Mike Garcia - RCAmerica - XRay T3
Trinity - JDR - Hudy - KoPropo America
Laser Products - Tekin
Leisure Hours Raceway & Hobby Shop
casino57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #5295
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 169
Default

but which one is better, the mf without the graphite arms? or the standard one?
mc_chofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:12 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net