R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 07-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #6031
Tech Adept

Still looking for a 2010+ NT1 roller, pm me if you have or know about one for sale.
arix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #6032
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arix View Post
Still looking for a 2010+ NT1 roller, pm me if you have or know about one for sale.
Just posted

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ay-nt1-wc.html
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #6033
piper48

Default tire wear

I've been racing for awhile but this is my first year running 1/10 scale nitro on a semi serious level. Anyways I've been experiencing heavy front end tire wear. I spoke to a couple of the nitro regulars and the tire wear should be in the rear. I'm trying to get a feel for what others consider tire wear on these cars. Quick setup notes: 60 wt AE oil all around, two hole piston, 30lb front springs, 15 lbs rear springs, front shocks all the way up, rears are layed down. The track is unsealed asphalt with mountain dew compound and direction is clockwise. Tire shores 37 FL, 32 FR, 42 LR, 40 RR, 2 deg front camber, 4 deg rear camber. Oh..no sway bars all around.

Last edited by piper48; 07-11-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #6034
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper48 View Post
I've been racing for awhile but this is my first year running 1/10 scale nitro on a semi serious level. Anyways I've been experiencing heavy front end tire wear. I spoke to a couple of the nitro regulars and the tire wear should be in the rear. I'm trying to get a feel for what others consider tire wear on these cars. Quick setup notes: 60 wt AE oil all around, two hole piston, 30lb front springs, 15 lbs rear springs, front shocks all the way up, rears are layed down. The track is unsealed asphalt with mountain dew compound and direction is clockwise. Tire shores 37 FL, 32 FR, 42 LR, 40 RR, 2 deg front camber, 4 deg rear camber. Oh..no sway bars all around.
How mant tooth side pulley are you using, 25 or 26? That will make a difference also.
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY / TEAM POWERS
godzukihop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #6035
Tech Elite

Lay the front shocks down somewhat..... stand the rears just one hole more then the fronts.... put 30lb springs on the rear and your tire wear should even out.
at the moment your rear has more mechanical grip then the front. More grip means LESS wear!!
Watch your camber wear on your tires and adjust camber. And camber gain accordingly..... good luck
Quote:
Old 07-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #6036
piper48

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzukihop View Post
How mant tooth side pulley are you using, 25 or 26? That will make a difference also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Lay the front shocks down somewhat..... stand the rears just one hole more then the fronts.... put 30lb springs on the rear and your tire wear should even out.
at the moment your rear has more mechanical grip then the front. More grip means LESS wear!!
Watch your camber wear on your tires and adjust camber. And camber gain accordingly..... good luck
Thanks guys. I bought the car used and have been running it as is. The side pulley is a 25t. I take it with the 25t the front axle rotates at a faster rate in comparison to the the rear? The spring rates are a bit uneven but the car drives great the way it is. I'll try a heavier spring in the rear and go from there.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #6037
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks guys. I bought the car used and have been running it as is. The side pulley is a 25t. I take it with the 25t the front axle rotates at a faster rate in comparison to the the rear? The spring rates are a bit uneven but the car drives great the way it is. I'll try a heavier spring in the rear and go from there.
from the XRAY set up manual.

The “overdrive ratio” (ODR) is the ratio between the front DTR and the rear DTR, and is affected by the mid-side pulley used on the NT1.
Overdrive ratio impacts the difference in rotation speed between the front and rear wheels.
Depending on the mid-side pulley being used, the FDR values will
be different between the front and rear of the NT1:
• Rear DTR of the NT1 is permanently set to 2.05.
• When using the 26T mid-side pulley, both front and rear DTR ratios are 2.05.
This gives a 1:1 overdrive ratio.
The front and rear wheels rotate at the same speed.
• When using the 25T mid-side pulley, the front internal ratio (DTR) becomes 1.97.
When compared to the rear DTR of 2.05, the overdrive ratio now becomes 1.04:1.
The front wheels rotate 4% faster than the rear wheels.
OVERDRIVE RATIO (ODR)
DTR RATIO
MID-SIDE PULLEY
26 25
Front DTR 2.05 1.97
Rear DTR 2.05 2.05
OVERDRIVE RATIO 1 : 1 1.04 : 1
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY / TEAM POWERS
godzukihop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #6038
piper48

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzukihop View Post
from the XRAY set up manual.

The “overdrive ratio” (ODR) is the ratio between the front DTR and the rear DTR, and is affected by the mid-side pulley used on the NT1.
Overdrive ratio impacts the difference in rotation speed between the front and rear wheels.
Depending on the mid-side pulley being used, the FDR values will
be different between the front and rear of the NT1:
• Rear DTR of the NT1 is permanently set to 2.05.
• When using the 26T mid-side pulley, both front and rear DTR ratios are 2.05.
This gives a 1:1 overdrive ratio.
The front and rear wheels rotate at the same speed.
• When using the 25T mid-side pulley, the front internal ratio (DTR) becomes 1.97.
When compared to the rear DTR of 2.05, the overdrive ratio now becomes 1.04:1.
The front wheels rotate 4% faster than the rear wheels.
OVERDRIVE RATIO (ODR)
DTR RATIO
MID-SIDE PULLEY
26 25
Front DTR 2.05 1.97
Rear DTR 2.05 2.05
OVERDRIVE RATIO 1 : 1 1.04 : 1
That my friend is great information. I'll leave it setup the way it is and run the 26t instead. It'll probably hurt my launch off the exit but a small price for even tire wear. Nice Avatar Godzukihop . Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #6039
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
That my friend is great information. I'll leave it setup the way it is and run the 26t instead. It'll probably hurt my launch off the exit but a small price for even tire wear. Nice Avatar Godzukihop . Thanks again.
That was great information
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #6040
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

guys, where can i buy a capricorn clutch bell that fits nt1 pinion gears? thanks for the info:
rowveg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #6041
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Kamikazercracing.com
Old 07-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #6042
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowveg36 View Post
guys, where can i buy a capricorn clutch bell that fits nt1 pinion gears? thanks for the info:
PM SENT
Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #6043
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowveg36 View Post
PM sent
Old 07-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #6044
Tech Adept

Still looking for a 2010 NT! Roller, PM me if you want to sell yours.
arix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #6045
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also looking for a 2010 or 2011 NT1 roller in mint condition. Would prefer package deal with spare parts or even 2nd car. Will pay a fair price, I am no low-baller. Please PM me with details.

Thomas
bluelevel is offline   Reply With Quote