R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #4921
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ok, cool will send them an email.

I see they also do prototyping, might be interesting when I decide to have my own 1/10 tourer made.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #4922
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_chofo View Post
Hi everyone, i would like to get a set of titanium screw set for the nt1, but the only one i have seen is the 3racing, so which one is the best titanium set for the nt1?

thanx
3 Racing price lower !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #4923
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Ok, cool will send them an email.

I see they also do prototyping, might be interesting when I decide to have my own 1/10 tourer made.
Titanium bulkheads? hmm... to much weight
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #4924
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
Titanium bulkheads? hmm... to much weight
That wasn't the thing I was thinking about.
They do aluminium as well.
But I was thinking about Titanium suspension blocks.
The aluminum suspension blocks seem to bend quite easily already on the EP cars, since the forces in a GP car are a fair bit higher I would either need very thick aluminum ones or some very slim and cool looking Ti ones.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #4925
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
That wasn't the thing I was thinking about.
They do aluminium as well.
But I was thinking about Titanium suspension blocks.
The aluminum suspension blocks seem to bend quite easily already on the EP cars, since the forces in a GP car are a fair bit higher I would either need very thick aluminum ones or some very slim and cool looking Ti ones.
Are you talking about bulkheads? Or uprights?
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #4926
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Suspension blocks, like these:



I'm designing a car which uses separate suspension blocks and bulkheads, just like the tamiya 416, hotbodies cyclone, serpent S400 etc.

I think this type of construction is far superior to the ones used now on all of the GP car's.
Serpent has it already on their 733 and 966, but still with the plastic inserts.
I want the exact system like on the 416 and S400, so you can use anti effects, change wishbone length and more.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #4927
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
Titanium bulkheads? hmm... to much weight
Yeah, but titanium material would mean less material to achieve the same rigidity.

DS... Let me know if you do the titanium bulkheads, I would like to buy some off you and try em too.
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #4928
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Yeah, but titanium material would mean less material to achieve the same rigidity.

DS... Let me know if you do the titanium bulkheads, I would like to buy some off you and try em too.
I hope to show some Cad renders soon, my current PC doesn't have sufficient ram to render the assembly.
I hope to have all my Cad programs installed on my Macbook somewhere next week, then I can produce some renders.

Completed my Audi body today.
Actually did a paint job for the first time in three years (hate making bodies).
Now I hope that I like the body, otherwise all the hours of masking were a waste.




Now only if the weather would clear up, really can't wait to drive again, last time was in september.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #4929
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Awesome paint job man... Hope you didnt overkill the xacto knife, those Audi Bodies are very thin compared with the rest... LOL.

Good luck with the CAD programs on your mac... everyone here at college with a mac has had a hard trouble installing "student" versions on theirs.
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #4930
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Forgot to mention:

Ninja Magnesium Head - 22.4g
MAX Heatsink - 46.2g
Team Titan heatsink - 29g
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #4931
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Suspension blocks, like these:



I'm designing a car which uses separate suspension blocks and bulkheads, just like the tamiya 416, hotbodies cyclone, serpent S400 etc.

I think this type of construction is far superior to the ones used now on all of the GP car's.
Serpent has it already on their 733 and 966, but still with the plastic inserts.
I want the exact system like on the 416 and S400, so you can use anti effects, change wishbone length and more.
interesting... send me parts to test lol

but the problem with titanium, you know about how hard it is to machine? lol
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #4932
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Yeah, but titanium material would mean less material to achieve the same rigidity.
try machining Ti and then call me back and let me know if you changed your mind lol. Its a Pain in the @$$
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #4933
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Forgot to mention:

Ninja Magnesium Head - 22.4g
MAX Heatsink - 46.2g
Team Titan heatsink - 29g
Now try bolting the ninja mag head to the max. if it fits and works well, tell me the part number lol.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #4934
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Well... dunno how hard it is to machine Titanium... thats why Titanium racing will do it...
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #4935
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Awesome paint job man... Hope you didnt overkill the xacto knife, those Audi Bodies are very thin compared with the rest... LOL.

Good luck with the CAD programs on your mac... everyone here at college with a mac has had a hard trouble installing "student" versions on theirs.
Thanks man, yes the body is pretty thin compared to the stratus.
No deep cut's though, used a brand new blade.
Only messed up cutting out the wheelarches.
Had the car on 'full short' wheelbase when I cut them out, in the meantime I switched suspensions, so when I put the body on today I was like 'WTF'.

I'm actually installing all the cad stuff under bootcamp, windows on a mac, only the install dvd which came with it doesn't work, and it's a pain in the a$$ to get a new one from Apple. Some service when you buy a $2000 laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
interesting... send me parts to test lol

but the problem with titanium, you know about how hard it is to machine? lol
Ok, I think the first prototypes will be around $750-1000 a piece, you will also need the entire drivetrain, suspension, fueltank, and some small plastics from the NT1.
So, still interested?.

Yep, I know.
It's gonna cost me a lot of money.
Hope to have all my CNC operating certificates at the end of the year though, so I could use all the machinery at school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Well... dunno how hard it is to machine Titanium... thats why Titanium racing will do it...
The harder something is to machine, the more expensive it will get, that's the problem.
It isn't a problem to find a company who is able to do it, it is finding one who will do it and I can still afford it.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net