Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag
Then how is The Border selling them as of Feb 23rd? I understand that they are close to the plant but I don't see how there could be that much difference. FedEx could get it to me in 2 days.
Good question. All I know is I spent all of last week with the Hudys and RC America team and heard them say repeatedly to customers inquiring about availability mid to late march shipping out from Xray. RC America wants the stuff in asap.

Last edited by Art Jensen; 02-19-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racenut123
No,believe it.Xray always drops the ball when it come to us here in the states.I have owned every Xray car since the t1 and its the same MO everytime.Europe gets the car 1-2 months before us.Asia even gets them 1 month before us.Then there is always some kind of problem in customs coming in and there you have it.It will be worth the wait for sure but its kind of frustrating.Not Rcamerica's fault IMO.

I can tell you that the Border will not have the cars in February. The kits will ship the end of March to RCAmerica as long as there are no problems with the production of the kits.

Ralph Burch
Old 02-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by RC America
I can tell you that the Border will not have the cars in February. The kits will ship the end of March to RCAmerica as long as there are no problems with the production of the kits.

Ralph Burch
your car looked good RALPH i did get a chance to look at martins good luck next time
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I am glad to see the MTX-4R is finally coming out. I wonder which MTX-4 hopups will fit the new car?
Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ralph when the kit comes on sale would it be the same kit as the kit you guys were driving in the NATS or would it be missing some hop-ups? Would you all be coming out with a Team kit and a basic kit ??
Old 02-19-2007, 03:51 PM
jag
Tech Master

Ralph Burch
That is consistant with what you and Barry told me at the WinterNats... but how is The Border saying that they will have them in a few days? Are they lying just to get orders? It doesn't make sence that they would send kits to different areas at different times.

If you're not using your car for the next month I would be glad to do more testing for you. I know... get in line.

Thanks Ralph.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Suspended

Ralph Burch
do you have a firm price here in the usa?
Old 02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveb
I'm just wanting to find a place that will have it posted for Pre-Orders to show the price of the kit. Like I said I was going to order an MTX-4 and I could get it shipped NIB for $361. I need to know. My money is burning a hole in my pocket.
Get the mtx-4. $500 for a car kit is past rediculous. You can get a lot of hop-ups and spare parts for $140.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by JetMD
Get the mtx-4. $500 for a car kit is past rediculous. You can get a lot of hop-ups and spare parts for $140.
That's what they pay in europe, including 19% sales tax, mtx-4 is not much cheaper on the Border's website:
http://shop.the-border.nl/product.ph...cat=339&page=1
Old 02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

No one is twisting anyone's arm to pay $500 for a nitro sedan. If people can't afford it, they'll just have to settle for something cheaper. Plus, that's probably the full retail price.

What's the big deal anyway? It's not like this hobby is for people on welfare. Paying a difference of $75-100 dollars is next to nothing.

And finally, you don't see people going to the Ferrari dealership to bitch about how much a Ferrari costs, do you? If they can't afford it, they can just go down the street and buy a Toyota.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
No one is twisting anyone's arm to pay $500 for a nitro sedan. If people can't afford it, they'll just have to settle for something cheaper. Plus, that's probably the full retail price.

What's the big deal anyway? It's not like this hobby is for people on welfare. Paying a difference of $75-100 dollars is next to nothing.

And finally, you don't see people going to the Ferrari dealership to bitch about how much a Ferrari costs, do you? If they can't afford it, they can just go down the street and buy a Toyota.
Great point well said.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think its on sale at the Border.
http://shop.the-border.nl/product.ph...cat=339&page=1
MICHAEL P
Old 02-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

Funny how Xray supporters always call them the Ferrari of r/c cars. So, you are comparing this Ferrari to what? A Toyota? Well, then let's see a Ferrari and Toyota race. Point is, Xray isn't a Ferrari. You guys call it that because it costs more. My point is, if the prices of all of this stuff (not just Xray) keep going up, only the people who can afford it will race and we won't get any new people into the sport. Without new blood, this sport will die and your Ferrari will be a shelf queen.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

I didn't mean to start a debate on price. I was just eager to find out what the cost will be and when the car will be available. I had spoked to Ralph a few minutes before his post this afternoon and he told me exactly what he had posted. He also told me the kit would be available with the street price of around $420-$450. That's how you can get one delivered to TX for $501. Shoot, if it's comparable in price to the '007 that's pretty reasonable for a nitro sedan. My problem is that by the time I get my hands on one, we will probably be in the middle to the end of April. I just want something to build now and I don't know if I can wait that long.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Most of you guys are funny as heck. Most of you just recently plopped down 4 to 5 bones just months ago for you MTX-4 or V-one-RRR (WC), 720, etc. Now, most of you want to jump ship again and buy the latest/greatest. And then you wonder why you fall behind the competition. While you are learning a new car every two to three months, the Cyruls, Burchs, and Swaugers and the racers that mimic them are mastering their rides, perfecting their skills. Once you get the skills like Ralph, then it is easy to switch cars. This seems to be forgotten in the quest to have the latest/greatest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.