Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by arn671
Hey Guys, looking to pick up an NT-1, anyone know who has them in stock? Or any info on the next batch to come in? Thanks in Advance!
Check out Brooklyn Hobbies
Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by arn671
Hey Guys, looking to pick up an NT-1, anyone know who has them in stock? Or any info on the next batch to come in? Thanks in Advance!
or NexusRacing.net
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
or NexusRacing.net
or Guys closet...
Old 03-26-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
If your refering to me not reading your post.. Sorry if I put Ralphs word as absolute. Your some guy posting.. Ralph is ralph.. lol I was also speaking of the Team Tamale tool.... Ya really don't need a $150 clutch measuring tool.. I don't even have a micrometer that costs that much.. lol
You guys were talking about a clutch tool.Maby this guy has one,maby that guy has one.Or will this one fit or will that one fit.Well I am telling you that
BROOKLYN HOBBIES HAS THE ONE THAT WORKS FOR EVERY ADJUSTMENT.
Thats all I was saying.The clutch tool is NOT $150.The clutch on an rc car is the single most important part of your set up and to get it right you will need a precise tool.B.T.W. I was not refering to rx7ttlm.who are you?your just some guy posting..

Last edited by MikeMalinconico; 03-26-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico
You guys were talking about a clutch tool.Maby this guy has one,maby that guy has one.Or will this one fit or will that one fit.Well I am telling you that
BROOKLYN HOBBIES HAS THE ONE THAT WORKS FOR EVERY ADJUSTMENT.
Thats all I was saying.The clutch tool is NOT $150.The clutch on an rc car is the single most important part of your set up and to get it right you will need a precise tool.B.T.W. I was not refering to rx7ttlm.who are you?your just some guy posting..LOL LOL
I have a tool that works for clutch gap, and tightening my clutch bell lol and it was 40 bucks lol.. single most important? bold statement.. I would say suspension was #1... you can drive the car pretty damn fast if you use the stock clutch settings lol.. but if your setup is bo jenky, your suckin lol. I am PB, son of PL, Ruler of all WC lol
Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

and its 125 right? ROFLMAO.. thats not much lol..
Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

O.K. So the clutch tool is not for you(sx7ttlm).
I'm going to leave this to the people that have got to have there clutch set right.Set up is another page in the book of getting your car to work the right way.I KNOW THAT THE CLUTCH IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT SET UP ON A CAR.

Thanx,Mike Malinconico.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico
O.K. So the clutch tool is not for you(sx7ttlm).
I'm going to leave this to the people that have got to have there clutch set right.Set up is another page in the book of getting your car to work the right way.I KNOW THAT THE CLUTCH IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT SET UP ON A CAR.

Thanx,Mike Malinconico.
Have to disagree, in the past 3-4yrs working with centax clutches I find them incredibaly easy to tune and get right, there are so many ways of building them to make them work its not funny. The newest(to me) is not using any end play just setting up the right amount of gap. Many drivers are experiencing great success with this.

Also its not hard to get it right and using a tool to measure wont yield you "exact" results as each time the clutch is used the wear in the clutch pad and decrease in spring weight is decreased slightly yes.

Simply gettnig it to as close as you had before, put it on the track, does it feel the same? yes no? if no make the corresponding changes.

The most important setup in a chassis is the driver.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Any pro's reading this thread?Help me out here.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

I'm not the pro (yet) . Clutch is not the single most important factor in the car. I think there are MANY other important factors such as proper setup, driver skills, tires selection, engine's power, reliability, and LUCK. It's the whole package that makes you and your car stand on podium finish.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

I am a PRO racing Crewchief LOL. Clutch setup is important to have it working correctly.. if not set up properly you can get poor fuel mileage, engine overheats , or stalls.. also influences how the car works off the corner etc.. but by far is not number one.. Driver / setup tied for #1, bad driver can't drive a good car. Good driver probably won't win with bad setup... I said setup because on race day its not like your going to change your driver to make you faster...
Old 03-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry to say, but the clutch is one of the most important parts of the car.

If i have my clutch bad, the car will get the power output of the engine in a different way, making the wait distribution on acceleration different, changing the handling of the car.

So a consistent clutch is very important on the car. If you don't have the clutch right, the engine won't perform well and sometimes even runs hot or cold because it has to work to hard to power the car. So, wrong clutch changes the performance of the engine which definitely changes the handling of the car...

That's just my 2 cent on why a clutch is important (and why i suck at it :S)
Old 03-28-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

I agree that the proper set up on a car is very important.
I also say that if the clutch is not spot on,your car will suffer at corner exit
and at the end of the straight. If it does not disengage your car will push badly.

Thanx for all of the input on this subject.The clutch is the most misunderstood part of a nitro car and I think we can learn alot on this subject
If we keep posting likes and dislikes on spring choice,gap and endplay.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

All very good points. To me, the driver skill, chassis setup and clutch setup are all very important. But I would have to say...

1. A good driver can still drive a below average chassis setup pretty fast
2. A good chassis setup will make a below average driver look good
3. A good driver with a killer chassis setup will suffer with SLOW lap times with a bad clutch setup, regardless of any other influences. He/she may even look fast, but the computer will tell the truth.

I think its more a case of the clutch tension being almost a single point of failure for lap times. Its a simple change that is often overlooked, undervalued and drivers don't really take the time to dial it in.

Whereas a drivers skill and the chassis setup both take a lot more time to fix.

Personally, every time I hit the track for my first run in practice, I've learned from other top drivers to always tune my motor and dial in the clutch tension immediately. Then I'll work on gearing, 2 speed and chassis setup, not necessarily in that order.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys......
I am going to be selling a large part of my 135 RC car collection, parts, engines, bodies, starter boxes, servos, kits, parts and accesories....My EBAY ID is therealfastharry...Great stuff is up there now......And I'm pricing everything cheap...Everything is in GREAT condition....
here's part of my collection......

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40662

thanks, harry......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.