Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default sorry, still stumped?

The only spring info I found on RMD's Knowledge base site, was for 'non Evo' springs.

From what I know, these are not the same...am I correct?

Are there really only three front and three rear springs for the V1R Evo WC?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
The only spring info I found on RMD's Knowledge base site, was for 'non Evo' springs.

From what I know, these are not the same...am I correct?

Are there really only three front and three rear springs for the V1R Evo WC?
Here is the information you are looking for...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...25#post2977625
Old 06-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

whats tool do you use for rear turnbuckle? i measured 5.5mm but i can't find a tool with this measure
Old 06-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default thanks RMD

RMD, thanks for that link. Boy, they really don't make that info easy in the kit literature.

Are there other springs that work with the Evo shocks (that people use and recommend)? I guess I rely on springs a lot for tuning, and three seems like a pretty small tuning range. Maybe I'm wrong...
Old 06-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, i have this problem that the back end keeps breaking out when turning on power or in quick left right corners. I had it with my wce from last year and also with my evo this year. I tried a lot of things like change the camber, caster, tires, camber links, springs, diffs, clutch, body and wings. And i don't really know what to trie next. On tight technical tracks it is worse than on large flowing tracks. At the end of last Sundays race i basically got back to the evo stock setup with the exception of 2 droop up front and the front anti roll bar in vertical position and a front diff (100k). This was on a tight technical track.
Does anyone has an idea what the problem could be?
Old 06-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

sounds like something is binding, or your breaks arn`t set correctly, could be your diffs, could be many things
Originally Posted by Ice_nl
Ok, i have this problem that the back end keeps breaking out when turning on power or in quick left right corners. I had it with my wce from last year and also with my evo this year. I tried a lot of things like change the camber, caster, tires, camber links, springs, diffs, clutch, body and wings. And i don't really know what to trie next. On tight technical tracks it is worse than on large flowing tracks. At the end of last Sundays race i basically got back to the evo stock setup with the exception of 2 droop up front and the front anti roll bar in vertical position and a front diff (100k). This was on a tight technical track.
Does anyone has an idea what the problem could be?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i would look at your roll center,and droop settings.it sounds like a weight transfer problem
Old 06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
RMD, thanks for that link. Boy, they really don't make that info easy in the kit literature.

Are there other springs that work with the Evo shocks (that people use and recommend)? I guess I rely on springs a lot for tuning, and three seems like a pretty small tuning range. Maybe I'm wrong...
I haven't come across any info on what other springs fit the Evo shocks.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ghett0
sounds like something is binding, or your breaks arn`t set correctly, could be your diffs, could be many things
I completely rebuild my car between each race weekend, everything was moving nice and smooth, brakes are set verry low as i dont really brake much. Diffs were checked and i also have a couple of build diffs ready so i can change them fast between heats.

Originally Posted by GFIGUEROA
i would look at your roll center,and droop settings.it sounds like a weight transfer problem
I usually use the droop settings to get more on power steering, so usually i have more droop at the front than the rear. Could that be the problem?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I completely rebuild my car between each race weekend, everything was moving nice and smooth, brakes are set verry low as i dont really brake much. Diffs were checked and i also have a couple of build diffs ready so i can change them fast between heats.

I usually use the droop settings to get more on power steering, so usually i have more droop at the front than the rear. Could that be the problem?
What are your droop settings
Old 06-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

on the front i have 2 droop and the rear 4. Only changed the front to get more steering.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

on the front i have 2 droop and the rear 4. Only changed the front to get more steering.
you should use less droop and more caster for more on power steering
Old 06-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff1
whats tool do you use for rear turnbuckle? i measured 5.5mm but i can't find a tool with this measure
I purchased this ignition wrench set which included a 5.5mm end wrench.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes
Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RRR Hardened Outdrives

Hi Guys,

Have any of you seen or used these option parts yet - I am after some harder outdrives for my V-One RRR (as the stock items are crap). I have a freind who recons he has had one of their radio trays and likes it but I wondered if any of you had seen these:

http://www.benracing.co.uk/acatalog/...ion_Parts.html
Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tricknut
Hi Guys,

Have any of you seen or used these option parts yet - I am after some harder outdrives for my V-One RRR (as the stock items are crap). I have a freind who recons he has had one of their radio trays and likes it but I wondered if any of you had seen these:

http://www.benracing.co.uk/acatalog/...ion_Parts.html
I haven't tried these outdrives as I've only used the stock ones and I agree that stock ones are weak.

Question for everyone... Without flipping the outdrives to use the other side, how long are the outdrives lasting on your cars? Since it's difficult to measure this by distance or even time, I'm gauging it by the amount of fuel used.

In my situation, I just finished a gallon of fuel on a new V-One-RRR Evo WCE chassis and the outdrives are so worn that it was causing handling issues. What was occurring was the CVDs would stick in the worn out section and bind up the suspension. This caused a "chatter" or "hopping" effect on acceleration and induced a push to the car in high-speed turns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.