Search
Like Tree98Likes

Serpent SRX8-GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Anyone here in the forum happen to be at HRCR for the World’s GT warmup race this weekend? I’mhoping to Stop by the track maybe tomorrow for a bit, anddefinitely on Sunday if I can. I’m looking forward to seeing these cars first-hand.
The USA Serpent team are there as well as Mr De Soto and so I'm sure the guys would be glad to see a fellow Serpent visitor!
Old 07-21-2019, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan_vector

The USA Serpent team are there as well as Mr De Soto and so I'm sure the guys would be glad to see a fellow Serpent visitor!
Well, I stopped by the track today - didn't really want to bother anyone, as everyone was "heads down" as I would expect on any Mains day (not to mention the fact that I was like, the ONLY spectator there)... Anyway, I was only able to stay long enough to catch the last QF and the first Semi, which Joaquin Jr. cruised to victory in. Man, how I missed the sweet smell of Nitro, lol. Anyway, the cars look fun - seeing the cars run, they definitely have a "spec class" feel to them. Those rubber tires will keep you on your toes, especially as hot as it was out there today - anyway, I can't wait to both build my 4x Pro and get my hands on a 750. I managed to sell off my old Impulse today, so I'm one step closer to coming back. If I step up to 8th scale, this looks like a good entry level class before diving head first into a full bore 8th scale chassis.
dan_vector likes this.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well, I stopped by the track today - didn't really want to bother anyone, as everyone was "heads down" as I would expect on any Mains day (not to mention the fact that I was like, the ONLY spectator there)... Anyway, I was only able to stay long enough to catch the last QF and the first Semi, which Joaquin Jr. cruised to victory in. Man, how I missed the sweet smell of Nitro, lol. Anyway, the cars look fun - seeing the cars run, they definitely have a "spec class" feel to them. Those rubber tires will keep you on your toes, especially as hot as it was out there today - anyway, I can't wait to both build my 4x Pro and get my hands on a 750. I managed to sell off my old Impulse today, so I'm one step closer to coming back. If I step up to 8th scale, this looks like a good entry level class before diving head first into a full bore 8th scale chassis.
Enjoy the builds and welcome back!
Old 07-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Rctech on an iPad makes me want to pull my hair out.....

anyway, I participated in the pre worlds. 3 out of only 5 serpents present made it to the finale! I won every qualifier that I finished. Got second behind Desoto in the semi finale with a blown tire in the last 2 minutes and even with that run still managed to qualify 6th overall! Finished 9th in the finale but nothing went right for me in the main... had the pace I wanted but not the luck! Desoto didn’t have his car built til Friday. Bobby had never run GT before in his life and his car was also brand new. And me I had my car only 3 weeks before the race. So Desoto and I spent Thursday and Friday bouncing setups and trying everything we could think of! Ultimately I got my car dialed in perfect for me and was only a couple of tenths off of Joaquin’s fastlap s I was content! We have some nice “worlds” parts coming soon to prepare for the upcoming worlds in January!
Troy Mckune likes this.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Old 07-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Rctech on an iPad makes me want to pull my hair out.....

anyway, I participated in the pre worlds. 3 out of only 5 serpents present made it to the finale! I won every qualifier that I finished. Got second behind Desoto in the semi finale with a blown tire in the last 2 minutes and even with that run still managed to qualify 6th overall! Finished 9th in the finale but nothing went right for me in the main... had the pace I wanted but not the luck! Desoto didn’t have his car built til Friday. Bobby had never run GT before in his life and his car was also brand new. And me I had my car only 3 weeks before the race. So Desoto and I spent Thursday and Friday bouncing setups and trying everything we could think of! Ultimately I got my car dialed in perfect for me and was only a couple of tenths off of Joaquin’s fastlap s I was content! We have some nice “worlds” parts coming soon to prepare for the upcoming worlds in January!
Considering how few Serpents were out there, not to mention the fact that the car is only a few months old, that was a pretty good showing in what seemed like an ocean of IGT8's. Wish I could've stayed for the mains, but I only had about 2 hours to hang out. Anyway, I enjoyed the little bit of time I was out there, and I've definitely got the itch! Just packed up my old Serpent Impulse to ship it out to the buyer, so I've made the room for a 750 to start out with. As I mentioned above, the SRX8 GT looks like a good entry point back into 8th, and I'll be happy to represent.
dan_vector likes this.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Question for long time Serpent GT drivers- are the two speeds interchangeable between the Cobras 1.0-3.1 and the SRX8? I know there have been changes in the design, module of the teeth and the older ones had flanged 8x16x5 bearings while the SRX8 seems to have the normal ones but other than that, are the dimensions the same? If you would account for those changes, would you be able to use a Cobra 2-speed on the SRX8?
Old 09-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Question for long time Serpent GT drivers- are the two speeds interchangeable between the Cobras 1.0-3.1 and the SRX8? I know there have been changes in the design, module of the teeth and the older ones had flanged 8x16x5 bearings while the SRX8 seems to have the normal ones but other than that, are the dimensions the same? If you would account for those changes, would you be able to use a Cobra 2-speed on the SRX8?
Beside the 2 bearings, the 2-Speed shaft is different. SRXGT use a new one #601002 and the GT3.1 use the older one #600707. It is a cheap update, about $15.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

And what is the difference? Does it make the 2-speed longer?
petersen114 likes this.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

What servos you guys fitting to the srx8gt
making a list to compare so can pick the best ones.

Anyone use hitec? I use the hitec lynx handset so seeing if they do a decent servo or what other brands are good.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
And what is the difference? Does it make the 2-speed longer?
I think the 2-speed gear box bulkhead on SRX-GT is different then the Cobra GT, so that shaft is different.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Anyone happen to know what the approval status of GT8 bodies in general is at the moment? When I went to watch the World’s warmup race, it seemed like everyone was basically running that Blitz McLaren body, because it was like, the only IFMAR approved body when they held the event?
Old 09-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Anyone happen to know what the approval status of GT8 bodies in general is at the moment? When I went to watch the World’s warmup race, it seemed like everyone was basically running that Blitz McLaren body, because it was like, the only IFMAR approved body when they held the event?
No, they ran it because it's an awesome body. The Sweep P1L will not be IFMAR approved for 2020, but they are releasing a new body (pics already available online) that will be fully legal.
TurnNBurn likes this.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dan_vector

Serpent has introduce Upright riser HT set SRX8 GT (SER601085). How is this beneficial?
Old 11-05-2019, 04:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just started building the car yesterday. What is the trick to get the rear diff spacers aligned? The only way I could get them in place was to take the diff case apart, insert the spacers, they the diff. I could not get them in, following the manual. Great idea, because diffs are accessible without taking the whole car apart. just couldn't get the spacers to seat properly, when on diff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.