Like Tree32Likes

Serpent SRX8-GT

Old 07-19-2019, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Anyone here in the forum happen to be at HRCR for the World’s GT warmup race this weekend? I’mhoping to Stop by the track maybe tomorrow for a bit, anddefinitely on Sunday if I can. I’m looking forward to seeing these cars first-hand.
The USA Serpent team are there as well as Mr De Soto and so I'm sure the guys would be glad to see a fellow Serpent visitor!
Old 07-21-2019, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post

The USA Serpent team are there as well as Mr De Soto and so I'm sure the guys would be glad to see a fellow Serpent visitor!
Well, I stopped by the track today - didn't really want to bother anyone, as everyone was "heads down" as I would expect on any Mains day (not to mention the fact that I was like, the ONLY spectator there)... Anyway, I was only able to stay long enough to catch the last QF and the first Semi, which Joaquin Jr. cruised to victory in. Man, how I missed the sweet smell of Nitro, lol. Anyway, the cars look fun - seeing the cars run, they definitely have a "spec class" feel to them. Those rubber tires will keep you on your toes, especially as hot as it was out there today - anyway, I can't wait to both build my 4x Pro and get my hands on a 750. I managed to sell off my old Impulse today, so I'm one step closer to coming back. If I step up to 8th scale, this looks like a good entry level class before diving head first into a full bore 8th scale chassis.
dan_vector likes this.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Well, I stopped by the track today - didn't really want to bother anyone, as everyone was "heads down" as I would expect on any Mains day (not to mention the fact that I was like, the ONLY spectator there)... Anyway, I was only able to stay long enough to catch the last QF and the first Semi, which Joaquin Jr. cruised to victory in. Man, how I missed the sweet smell of Nitro, lol. Anyway, the cars look fun - seeing the cars run, they definitely have a "spec class" feel to them. Those rubber tires will keep you on your toes, especially as hot as it was out there today - anyway, I can't wait to both build my 4x Pro and get my hands on a 750. I managed to sell off my old Impulse today, so I'm one step closer to coming back. If I step up to 8th scale, this looks like a good entry level class before diving head first into a full bore 8th scale chassis.
Enjoy the builds and welcome back!
Old 07-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Rctech on an iPad makes me want to pull my hair out.....

anyway, I participated in the pre worlds. 3 out of only 5 serpents present made it to the finale! I won every qualifier that I finished. Got second behind Desoto in the semi finale with a blown tire in the last 2 minutes and even with that run still managed to qualify 6th overall! Finished 9th in the finale but nothing went right for me in the main... had the pace I wanted but not the luck! Desoto didn’t have his car built til Friday. Bobby had never run GT before in his life and his car was also brand new. And me I had my car only 3 weeks before the race. So Desoto and I spent Thursday and Friday bouncing setups and trying everything we could think of! Ultimately I got my car dialed in perfect for me and was only a couple of tenths off of Joaquin’s fastlap s I was content! We have some nice “worlds” parts coming soon to prepare for the upcoming worlds in January!
Troy Mckune likes this.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Old 07-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Rctech on an iPad makes me want to pull my hair out.....

anyway, I participated in the pre worlds. 3 out of only 5 serpents present made it to the finale! I won every qualifier that I finished. Got second behind Desoto in the semi finale with a blown tire in the last 2 minutes and even with that run still managed to qualify 6th overall! Finished 9th in the finale but nothing went right for me in the main... had the pace I wanted but not the luck! Desoto didn’t have his car built til Friday. Bobby had never run GT before in his life and his car was also brand new. And me I had my car only 3 weeks before the race. So Desoto and I spent Thursday and Friday bouncing setups and trying everything we could think of! Ultimately I got my car dialed in perfect for me and was only a couple of tenths off of Joaquin’s fastlap s I was content! We have some nice “worlds” parts coming soon to prepare for the upcoming worlds in January!
Considering how few Serpents were out there, not to mention the fact that the car is only a few months old, that was a pretty good showing in what seemed like an ocean of IGT8's. Wish I could've stayed for the mains, but I only had about 2 hours to hang out. Anyway, I enjoyed the little bit of time I was out there, and I've definitely got the itch! Just packed up my old Serpent Impulse to ship it out to the buyer, so I've made the room for a 750 to start out with. As I mentioned above, the SRX8 GT looks like a good entry point back into 8th, and I'll be happy to represent.
dan_vector likes this.