Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree105Likes

TLR 8ight 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ight 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: racer1812
Welcome to the 8ight 4.0 Wiki!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 01:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

You can see here ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWBAKC-c1s4
Old 02-23-2018, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok thanks yea I've seen that before, just figured I'd ask if they actually sold them. But thanks.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by token
TLR Released a lot of new parts at the end of last year. This is the week we all find out what is really working and new setups. #DNC2018
It was an extremely challenging race weekend for everyone. I was able to make all A mains of my 5 classes. My cars were great on the new available parts. I started with EVO green in front and EVO red rear. Then went to EVO blue front and EVO orange rear. Track was getting bumpier and high grip everytime out. Thats what i ended up with in the main, but too soft. Should have stayed with the oil weight i had and not gone down, and went stiffer springs, EVO violet front, and EVO yellow rear. All cars were edgy and hard to drive. I was looking at a near top 5 or so finish, with a horrible start, but I broke the car.

I was also running the long universals front and rear, with low low rear roll center. 1 down pills for the least anti squat.
token and AaronD like this.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
I Hope losi tries some crazy stuff, like a hybrid rear diff that’s still flipped but less wide closer to a normal rear diff but still losi style that angles offset helping the center driveline. I honestly think they are focusing on shocks tho, with Reno running tlr shocks n Kyosho shocks back to back this much publically it’s obvious losi has taken an aim at building a better shock n testing it by racing.. just speculation ofcourse! No doubt this next car will have the same pedigree of losi but maybe be tacking off a few key parts that were not better then some of the other companies top components. I know they are hard at work testing tho because it’s talk here in Cali n u see them working. But let’s speculate.
The team is working very hard. It was a good team effort and atmosphere. Its gonna be a great year!
Old 02-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
It was an extremely challenging race weekend for everyone. I was able to make all A mains of my 5 classes. My cars were great on the new available parts. I started with EVO green in front and EVO red rear. Then went to EVO blue front and EVO orange rear. Track was getting bumpier and high grip everytime out. Thats what i ended up with in the main, but too soft. Should have stayed with the oil weight i had and not gone down, and went stiffer springs, EVO violet front, and EVO yellow rear. All cars were edgy and hard to drive. I was looking at a near top 5 or so finish, with a horrible start, but I broke the car.

I was also running the long universals front and rear, with low low rear roll center. 1 down pills for the least anti squat.
Thanks Bro - sounds like its going to be a long summer.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

progress, progress, progress :-)
Old 02-28-2018, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed

Judging on your experience, the normal tracks in souther California are similar to those tracks with maybe less grip, what 2 sets of evo spring would be good to have when I start running my 4.0?
Old 02-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Judging on your experience, the normal tracks in souther California are similar to those tracks with maybe less grip, what 2 sets of evo spring would be good to have when I start running my 4.0?
Green and Yellow fronts, Red and Brown rear.
token and Matt Piva like this.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

howdy!!

Need some help for my RTR upgrade thread...is it just me or is there no front and rear shock "sets" to purchase. The 3.0 sets are now discontinued. Do you have to purchase everything separately now?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
howdy!!

Need some help for my RTR upgrade thread...is it just me or is there no front and rear shock "sets" to purchase. The 3.0 sets are now discontinued. Do you have to purchase everything separately now?
3.0-4.0 shocks are the exact same. The 4.0 has a bleeder hole in the shock cap but it does nothing if your not running the emulsion bladders which most people don’t run. Go online and look up some 4.0 shocks, they range from 50-75 bucks and I’ve seen 3.0 stuff to on eBay.

Last edited by Matt Piva; 03-01-2018 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
howdy!!

Buy Kyosho or HB shocks...they are much better.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

3.0-4.0 shocks are the exact same. The 4.0 has a bleeder hole in the shock cap but it does nothing if your not running the emulsion bladders which most people don’t run. Go online and look up some 4.0 shocks, they range from 50-75 bucks and I’ve seen 3.0 stuff to on eBay.
I figured that..thanks.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does losi sell the brass collet by itself all I can find is flywheel with collet
Old 03-02-2018, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Does anybody know if the 3.0 side guards work on a 4.0 chassis? They are different part numbers but it looks the only difference is the indents for Velcro.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sodakota
Does anybody know if the 3.0 side guards work on a 4.0 chassis? They are different part numbers but it looks the only difference is the indents for Velcro.
They have slightly different shape to them, and chassis are different widths.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.