Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree100Likes

Mugen MBX7R

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-11-2017, 02:45 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MBX7R
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: E1 Diablo

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Where are you getting that from rotor? We have not gotten any word from mugen on a new kit. I think new parts are being tested but nothing drastic.. Truhe asked me for a weird bearing size last week in Vegas(6x16). It was something in his drive train for sure.. I really don't care, if a new car was offered to the team guys before the worlds, I would not drive it. Too risky, I'm building a new 7r for the worlds.. Mugen is very good at keeping secrets. Adam has been testing a lot in Vegas, and it's not anything new! He is the only one using that wing mount.

A local driver just signed with Mugen last month and they told him when they gave him his contract that he has to drive the newest car everytime it comes out for example he will have to start driving the mbx8 when it comes out after worlds.

Heard them tell him with my own to ears. Secret or no secret the team drivers just aren't supposed to say anything yet. In not a team driver so I don't mind lol
Old 09-05-2016, 05:13 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Originally Posted by JJG690
So I've been running the Mugen E-buggy for over a year now and I recently just started running nitro as well with a 7r. My Ebuggy is dialed. Super easy to drive, tons of grip, etc. The nitro buggy on the other hand seems very "busy". The harder I drive it the better it is but that's not my driving style, I'm more of a smooth driver. So I guess my question is can I get the nitro buggy to feel like the E-buggy? Currently running Adam's Base setup on the nitro buggy. Any input is appreciated 👍
Adams " base " setup uses some pretty thin shock oil, try going up both front and rear
His setup also runs max active caster on the front upper arms, this makes the car a little looser on power and in the middle of a corner, try lowering the front of the upper arms ( shock tower pill)
Also move the steering link forward on the Ackerman plate to settle the car down off center

Hope this helps
Old 09-05-2016, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

What setup do you run on your e buggy? I run my nitro and e buggy with the exact same setup and the feel identical minus the instant torque of the e buggy. I know Cole also runs his the same minus springs.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJF
Adams " base " setup uses some pretty thin shock oil, try going up both front and rear
His setup also runs max active caster on the front upper arms, this makes the car a little looser on power and in the middle of a corner, try lowering the front of the upper arms ( shock tower pill)
Also move the steering link forward on the Ackerman plate to settle the car down off center

Hope this helps
I was thinking the shocks felt very soft so I will definitely try that as well as the other things you suggested. I'm running 40w front and 37.5w rear with associated oils. How much heavier do you think I should go? 45 front and 40 rear or even heavier?

Last edited by JJG690; 09-05-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rotor head33
What setup do you run on your e buggy? I run my nitro and e buggy with the exact same setup and the feel identical minus the instant torque of the e buggy. I know Cole also runs his the same minus springs.
Hmm...maybe I'll try switching the pill setup to what I have in my E-buggy then. Setup is my own that I've developed over time but originally based off Adam's OCRC indoor setup actually
Old 09-05-2016, 10:39 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Originally Posted by JJG690
I was thinking the shocks felt very soft so I will definitely try that as well as the other things you suggested. I'm running 40w front and 37.5w rear with associated oils. How much heavier do you think I should go? 45 front and 40 rear or even heavier?
Are you running the 6 hole X 1.3 mm Pistons?
If so then shock oils are close

Try less active caster

Also some people like the option front uprights , tames the car down
Old 09-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

The graphite towers definitely soften the response up some. I run graphite towers in both of my cars pretty much full time.

With 6x1.3 pistons I absolutely love 37.5/32.5 with losi oils
Old 09-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rotor head33
The graphite towers definitely soften the response up some. I run graphite towers in both of my cars pretty much full time.

With 6x1.3 pistons I absolutely love 37.5/32.5 with losi oils
^^^ yes on the pistons and oils (that's my go to as well) -- don't know about the towers
Old 09-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EJF
Are you running the 6 hole X 1.3 mm Pistons?
If so then shock oils are close

Try less active caster

Also some people like the option front uprights , tames the car down
Yeah 6x1.3 Kyosho pistons with 9.25 front spring and 10.25 rear spring. I have also been running the underdrive setup but I'm going to take it out and try it. My E-buggy has the 5x1.35 Mugen pistons with 37.5 oil front and rear and Kyosho springs. No underdrive no weight
Old 09-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
The 7r is great out of the box. The center universals are a nice upgrade because it's less rolling resistance and one less set screw to back out. I also run 6 x 1.3mm shocks...

Great car out of the box. Proven car. Built like a brick crap house. No need to spend $$ on placebo upgrades.
I know, I was referring to the claim that there's not going to be a new car only new parts for the 7r. I know they were working on a new wing mount but other than that I'm curious what new or revised parts they'd come out with.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

^^^ agree. Here are the upgrades I'd like to see:

- Upgraded wing mount - (I don't have a problem with the current wing mount)
- Four shoe clutch (never tried - three shoe won a lot of races)
- center universals - mainly because it's two less set screws away from a DNF

- some awesome bearings (wish)
Old 09-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

They already have a 4 shoe clutch, nmb bearings, and center universals so highly unlikely they would come up with anything new there.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

I'm thinking bleeder shock caps
Old 09-06-2016, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

I'd be happy with bleeder shock caps
Old 09-06-2016, 07:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

- new fuel tank with a drain tube out the bottom of the chassis for overflows
- 90* elbow coming out of the front of the tank for easier fuel line routing. (We know Drake has input)
- split center diff mount
- new pills for hinge pins allowing for more precise adjustments. wide, narrow, center / up, down, center.
-molded rear hubs WITH the bushings for top, middle, and lower hole as standard.
- center f/r universals as standard.
I know they are testing a one-piece wing mount, but not sure if it is the same height, just stronger. Or, if it puts the wing in a different location. I am fine with the current mount.
Can't really think of any other convenience upgrades. I am not an engineer, so there may be slight geometry changes to make also...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.