Wiki Posts
Search

AKA releases Martin Bayer from team

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommy911t
AKA did not fulfil their end of the contract: Provide a product worth using.
Don't send drivers to Italy without products that can be competetive.

I don't feel sorry for the "smaller manufacturers" without RandD to fill a mold with harder compounds.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you OR don't fly around the world with a knife to enter a gun fight?

Whatever, these are toys!
Exactly right, these are toys. I don't know why people get soo worked up about things. We buy these cars to make the little kid inside of us happy and because we enjoy racing and hanging out with our buds. But I do see your point about AKA not fulfilling their part.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

AKA did not fulfil their end of the contract: Provide a product worth using.
Don't send drivers to Italy without products that can be competetive.

I don't feel sorry for the "smaller manufacturers" without RandD to fill a mold with harder compounds.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you OR don't fly around the world with a knife to enter a gun fight?

Whatever, these are toys!
Where are you coming up with the non-competitive statement? Somebody needs to source a bag of clue.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
Somebody needs to source a bag of clue.
Hahaha! Love the forums!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Ugh, i hate the toy car argument. Racing these "toy cars" are what pay the bills for some people/companies so its very serious for some people. Are dirt bikes toys? if its a matter of not physically sitting in them that makes them toys, then are unmaned military drones toys?

These are race cars in my opinion.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup
These are race cars in my opinion.
Cool. And a race car can simply be a toy to the rich.

"Toy" is relative.
Tool to perform your job?
Instrument to enjoy your passion?

I don't envy those taking this "passion" so seriously.
Unless of course, it is your office's fantasy rc team being affected!
Old 10-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

I think "toy" is perfectly appropriate. RC cars are about the most superfluous activity any of us are involved in. I.e. the last thing of importance, first thing we could do without..
Old 10-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91
PL offers the X1 compound that AKA does not. The X1 compound used on Ty's winning buggy tires, is super hard and meant for abrasive conditions.
Pro-line does not "offer" this compound. And I seriously doubt they gave a set to Bayer to run so that he would be on a level playing field with any of their paid team drivers.

Be curious to see all of the other PL tires after the main. Bayer's for sure.

IMO, X1 is gone, it was a one shot deal made for this track. It is a compound that no one in 1/8 scale will ever need again... Unless they do a deal to supply tires for RTR cars...
Old 10-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

I can understand that it is a hobby that people can do without, BUT its a job for some so the contract thing discussed on this thread is serious. So its narrow minded for people say " these are toys. I don't know why people get soo worked up about things." Unless they are talking about why people on here care. but thats kind of the whole rctech thing haha.

I think calling RC cars toys is kind of degrading to the sport and yes i call it a sport (basketball is a sport even if you do it for fun). Toy cars, implys that you are out there driving a radio shack car or something you can buy at Walmart. Similar to calling a 200k drag car a toy because its something you can do without. You can still drive a RC race car for fun and not take it too serious. just my opinion.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Okay okay.. take it seriously, you paid for it. Do with and call it how you see fit.
Let me summarize how i see this conversation:
Dude put logos on car and accepted free stuff. Didnt use free stuff. Got kicked off team that gave free stuff.

Another dude won serious race with stuff no one can get(shocking?). People mad.

I'm now up to speed. Please continue internet conversation.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

aka should have made some of their discontinued "hard" compound..maybe it was harder to get those tires since they are not made in house like pl..
Old 10-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Everyone seems to forget Ronnefalk was the early pacesetter. Look at laptimes of the semi he ran w/ Ty, it's not like PL had some magical 2 lap advantage, even WITH a special compound that no one can get (Ronnefalk had fast lap-37.0 by 4 tenths, and ran a 37.1 on lap 30 out of 45; Ty's fastest was 37.4). It's very easy to point to tires as the reason Ty won, but that's doing a dis-service to him and his program. Did everyone forget AKA's dominant performance at the Euros?

You have you be smarter than the ads believe you to be - "Brand X Wins the Worlds!!!" Oh, really? They let brands drive now?
Old 10-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup
I can understand that it is a hobby that people can do without, BUT its a job for some so the contract thing discussed on this thread is serious. So its narrow minded for people say " these are toys. I don't know why people get soo worked up about things." Unless they are talking about why people on here care. but thats kind of the whole rctech thing haha.

I think calling RC cars toys is kind of degrading to the sport and yes i call it a sport (basketball is a sport even if you do it for fun). Toy cars, implys that you are out there driving a radio shack car or something you can buy at Walmart. Similar to calling a 200k drag car a toy because its something you can do without. You can still drive a RC race car for fun and not take it too serious. just my opinion.
.......pretty much sums it up.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

These are toy cars to everyone but to those who get paid to race for a mfg. If 95% of the RC industry don't race then yes these are toy cars. People take this way to serious and I take my racing serious as well. Just not to the point where I loose site of the fact this is a hobby not a job.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay okay.. take it seriously, you paid for it. Do with and call it how you see fit.
Let me summarize how i see this conversation:
Dude put logos on car and accepted free stuff. Didnt use free stuff. Got kicked off team that gave free stuff.

Another dude won serious race with stuff no one can get(shocking?). People mad.

I'm now up to speed. Please continue internet conversation.
This

No one want's to talk about someone can show up to biggest race with stuff that isn't out and Dominate. But we're here talking about a guy running another pair of tires.

About the "toy thing...

Yes they are toys, just like ATVs, dirtbikes and jetskis are toys! We are talking about false advertisement something these companies have done for years.

They win this big races with parts no one can get or they win with one companies product while announcing another. They also bring Frankenstein cars using other competitor parts!

RC Cars could be up there with skateboard, BMX etc. The problem is most companies have forgotten about introduction. Only the people who really like these things get into them. There is a huge rift from what we see the pros run to what we see at our local shops. IDK know about you guys but I watch the pros to see the products tested at the highest level. It's not a true test when you show up with a bunch of new items to the biggest race, blow everyone out because a bunch of tech and claim you have the best products out. In no other sport can you show up with a bunch of new technology on the final race of the season.

ALSO: This is a public forum to talk about R/C topics. I honestly don't care but I like to talk about things that interest me so I get on forums to do so. If YOU don't care, why come on this thread? Why read and reply with "Why do you care", adding nothing to the conversation.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silo
ALSO: This is a public forum to talk about R/C topics. I honestly don't care but I like to talk about things that interest me so I get on forums to do so. If YOU don't care, why come on this thread? Why read and reply with "Why do you care", adding nothing to the conversation.

Dude... exactly... I mean... That is why this place is here.

Beside, the second you make a point to tell someone you don't care, you are actually saying that you *do* care...

If you truly don't care, no one that does care, will ever know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.