Wiki Posts
Search

AKA releases Martin Bayer from team

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Dude... exactly... I mean... That is why this place is here.

Beside, the second you make a point to tell someone you don't care, you are actually saying that you *do* care...

If you truly don't care, no one that does care, will ever know.
badda bump chhh.

(or however you would type out that badda bump thing..lol)
Old 10-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Silo
This

No one want's to talk about someone can show up to biggest race with stuff that isn't out and Dominate. But we're here talking about a guy running another pair of tires.

About the "toy thing...

Yes they are toys, just like ATVs, dirtbikes and jetskis are toys! We are talking about false advertisement something these companies have done for years.

They win this big races with parts no one can get or they win with one companies product while announcing another. They also bring Frankenstein cars using other competitor parts!

RC Cars could be up there with skateboard, BMX etc. The problem is most companies have forgotten about introduction. Only the people who really like these things get into them. There is a huge rift from what we see the pros run to what we see at our local shops. IDK know about you guys but I watch the pros to see the products tested at the highest level. It's not a true test when you show up with a bunch of new items to the biggest race, blow everyone out because a bunch of tech and claim you have the best products out. In no other sport can you show up with a bunch of new technology on the final race of the season.

ALSO: This is a public forum to talk about R/C topics. I honestly don't care but I like to talk about things that interest me so I get on forums to do so. If YOU don't care, why come on this thread? Why read and reply with "Why do you care", adding nothing to the conversation.
Honestly, IMO, skateboarding and BMX isn't "anywhere" special anyway. Other than to those who enjoy it. Do the guys getting paid to ride skateboards and BMX bike care, along with their fans, sure. They're no different than us R/C guys.

Getting to where skateboarding and BMX are is no real goal, we're already there. Which in the real World, is nowhere anyone will notice.

I take that back. We're light years ahead of those two sports. I see Traxxas ads all the time, on channels and during programs that would have been unheard of just a couple years ago...SB and BMX, not so much..as in never.

We seem to b getting a little off topic though...
Old 10-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Do you watch nascar to see if the new Taurus is worth buying?

Now, I have a kid. To get the attention of kids, do not show them or take them to a World's RC race. I also skateboard EVERY DAY. Skateboarding is more like ballet with blood and less like rc racing. RC should be trying to get the attention of the makers, kids that enjoy minecraft, legos, etc...

Take them to a park or backyard. RC starts young, before we've developed our "whatever it takes" or "my way or the highway" internet voices.

To the people unable to get what the pros run:
Old 10-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those who are against Pros/Teams running special or one-off parts, I have a question. How is it any different than any other form of racing? MX, SX, Pro ATV, BTCC, WEC, ALMS, MotoGP, etc.. NONE of these forms of racing are using vehicles, fuels, tires, etc that are 100% consumer-available. Yet they will gladly advertise it as a great win for XYZ company then try and sell you ABC products. These companies do it for advertising.

IFMAR, ROAR, FEMCA, FAMAR, EFRA, etc. Those championships are more about advertising than they are about proving products which you can buy. Its not any different than Chevrolet winning a NASCAR Manf. Championship and plastering it all over TV commercials. Audi won a WEC championship? Alright, let me go hop down to the dealer buy an Audi R8 and see if it'll keep up in LMGTE. Are some R/C manufacturers bending reality to make a sale? Absolutely, and that's one of my issues with this whole R/C scam. All the IFMAR World's proved, was that Pro-Line and HPI/HB, CAN make products that are the best. Not that they do or that you can buy them within the next 2 years.

Consumers should be buying kits/engines/tires that work for them and the track conditions you run on. Not because they won an IFMAR/ROAR/etc Championship. Otherwise, you're liable to be let down greatly.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't like it one bit, I used to be a huge Kyosho hater because of the price tag. Once I seen everyone using there parts, I realized there's something to this. Sponsored Racer's shouldn't be running Frankenstein cars. Prototype parts are fine but running parts from a different brand is not honest marketing. It's already enough that pros run parts that consumers can't even get. Atleast force them to run the same cars we get out of the box.

Big races like the Worlds/Neo/DNC should be stock races with racers running what comes out of the box. Testing should be done early in the season as small races. Ty's an amazing driver but he ran parts, tires, fuel gun that nobody can buy. Now people will flock to buy a D812 thinking there getting the same product only to be disappointed.
Agreed they should do the same as UK 1/10 electric nationals only products that can be easily bought and be readily available in shops for a certain period of time can be used to compete with in the races
Makes it more fair for everyone
Old 10-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Well, you can get the '91 Detroit RC10
Still wouldn't get the D812, I'm deep into 2 other brands which have support and have high levels of performance.
And I strongly believe all the K team runs the out of the box car save for the cab forward body.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Honestly, IMO, skateboarding and BMX isn't "anywhere" special anyway. Other than to those who enjoy it. Do the guys getting paid to ride skateboards and BMX bike care, along with their fans, sure. They're no different than us R/C guys.

Getting to where skateboarding and BMX are is no real goal, we're already there. Which in the real World, is nowhere anyone will notice.

I take that back. We're light years ahead of those two sports. I see Traxxas ads all the time, on channels and during programs that would have been unheard of just a couple years ago...SB and BMX, not so much..as in never.

Yup.. pro darts is more popular than RC, which is exactly why when I see "pros" coming out with there own clothing line it boggles my mind. How many shirts can a "pro" RC driver sell 100-200 tops?

I think people think that this hobby is a lot more important/popular than it is. "dude rc should be on ESPN!!!" give me a break.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Imbue
For those who are against Pros/Teams running special or one-off parts, I have a question. How is it any different than any other form of racing? MX, SX, Pro ATV, BTCC, WEC, ALMS, MotoGP, etc.. NONE of these forms of racing are using vehicles, fuels, tires, etc that are 100% consumer-available. Yet they will gladly advertise it as a great win for XYZ company then try and sell you ABC products. These companies do it for advertising.

IFMAR, ROAR, FEMCA, FAMAR, EFRA, etc. Those championships are more about advertising than they are about proving products which you can buy. Its not any different than Chevrolet winning a NASCAR Manf. Championship and plastering it all over TV commercials. Audi won a WEC championship? Alright, let me go hop down to the dealer buy an Audi R8 and see if it'll keep up in LMGTE. Are some R/C manufacturers bending reality to make a sale? Absolutely, and that's one of my issues with this whole R/C scam. All the IFMAR World's proved, was that Pro-Line and HPI/HB, CAN make products that are the best. Not that they do or that you can buy them within the next 2 years.

Consumers should be buying kits/engines/tires that work for them and the track conditions you run on. Not because they won an IFMAR/ROAR/etc Championship. Otherwise, you're liable to be let down greatly.
The difference in R/C is that consumers and pros do the same thing, we're both racing. In other sports, we aren't doing the same thing. We watch motorsports to see what these companies can do at the highest level. Fans know that at least the technology from racing will trickle down to consumer products. In RC there is no trickle down, we're suppose to be using the same parts for the most part or at least get these parts at some point.

You NEVER see Chevy using ford parts or Yamaha using Suzuki shocks. As you said it's a scam, a scam that is being put in the spotlight with the internet and the hobby being watched for the first time in it's lifetime. AKA understands that it isn't a good look and I applaud them for wanting to put a stop to it. I hope this trend continues and we get more honesty out of these companies we give are extra cash too.

They may be toys but the money isn't play money. Even if it's a hobby, consumers shouldn't be tricked.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Badobsess1on
Agreed they should do the same as UK 1/10 electric nationals only products that can be easily bought and be readily available in shops for a certain period of time can be used to compete with in the races
Makes it more fair for everyone
IMO, I disagree. The Worlds isn't about who has the best car on the market. One off custom parts or not it's the grand stage to see who (manufacturers) is the best.

NASCAR, not production. WRC, not production. WSB, not production. NHRA, clearly not production. F1...that one is obvious
Old 10-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Silo, I don't see where the scam is?

Yes drivers have run other brand tires and won races but has a company ever advertised that they won a race when that driver ran a different brand?
Old 10-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Way off -
If the attendance or participation was anything like BMX or Skateboarding then maybe it would be on same level but it's not even close. A lot more kids skateboard than drive toy cars at races.

Also I think the big races are the best for R&D to try new parts against the highest level of competition. Doesn't need to be available to the public yet.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Silo, I don't see where the scam is?

Yes drivers have run other brand tires and won races but has a company ever advertised that they won a race when that driver ran a different brand?
As I said, it's not the same are pro motorsports. Everyone knows those aren't production cars. R/C is different as we are doing exactly what the pros are doing. I'm not saying they should always run production parts. I'm saying that for big races, they should run parts that are for sale or at least will become available after the race.

My biggest problem is running other company parts, I can stomach prototype parts but a losi running K parts is just wrong for me.

And yeah USMC STONE 1 guys are delusional if they think RC is bigger than skateboarding and BMX. Heck, Magic the gathering is bigger than R/C.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

As I said, it's not the same are pro motorsports. Everyone knows those aren't production cars. R/C is different as we are doing exactly what the pros are doing. I'm not saying they should always run production parts. I'm saying that for big races, they should run parts that are for sale or at least will become available after the race.

My biggest problem is running other company parts, I can stomach prototype parts but a losi running K parts is just wrong for me.

And yeah USMC STONE 1 guys are delusional if they think RC is bigger than skateboarding and BMX. Heck, Magic the gathering is bigger than R/C.
Pro motocross is similar to RC in the way you are describing. They are racing and doing the the same thing their consumer is.

I can understand that it looks bad to a company to have other manufacturers parts on their factory drivers cars and you don't see that in any other sport, but those other sports are a lot more popular which give the companies more money to develop their own prototypes. thats how i see it anyways
Old 10-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Bigger, No obviously not. But like I said, it's not a goal you can hang your hat on either. Joe blow public doesn't care about any of them, and likely never will so why would being as non existent as the next guy be a good thing..just my opinion. IMO, it may be demographic. But where I live I would bet that the number of kids who own an R/C car closely rivals the number that own a skateboard. I'm not talking about racing, simply owning one.

Prototype parts..you're ok if a company makes a custom CNC'ed part with the same geometry as another brand but NOT ok with them bolting on that brands part? Why expect a company to waste the money to make the exact same thing they can buy for 20 bucks??

Isn't the new RC8 a trickle down from the last 2 years of them running K parts? Isn't the B44.3 a trickle down from drivers running and testing the Durango gear diffs?
Old 10-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You guys are forgetting that while high-level motorsports don't use "production equipment" (F1, AMA, etc) they still have to homologate their equipment for use and get scrutinized to that homologation.

AMA Homologation Form

Be interesting to see this applied to RC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.