Search

AKA releases Martin Bayer from team

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Who really cares anyway?
Well... you are here... commenting... so...
Old 10-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
i still dont see the reason to make a nasty public statemet?? aka would have not done the same to tebo or cav..i think they fired him because of xray solely..

sorry but im on bayers side..
also whats the difference in other companies using kyosho shocks???????
I don't like it one bit, I used to be a huge Kyosho hater because of the price tag. Once I seen everyone using there parts, I realized there's something to this. Sponsored Racer's shouldn't be running Frankenstein cars. Prototype parts are fine but running parts from a different brand is not honest marketing. It's already enough that pros run parts that consumers can't even get. Atleast force them to run the same cars we get out of the box.

Big races like the Worlds/Neo/DNC should be stock races with racers running what comes out of the box. Testing should be done early in the season as small races. Ty's an amazing driver but he ran parts, tires, fuel gun that nobody can buy. Now people will flock to buy a D812 thinking there getting the same product only to be disappointed.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

The Pro-lines on Ty's car at the end of the race still had over half the tread while 2nd and 3rd (AKA tires) were balder than me. I can see the red foams thru them. Obviously AKA doesn't have as good of a tire for the concrete track as Pro-line does with this X compound. I have always ran AKA but if I have an abrasive track to run on then the X compound will be tried.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Why do people make comments as if Hudy/X-Ray had no clue this was going on? They most-likely instigated the whole thing - X-Ray car not on pace all week, only one car in the final, Ty has been dominant, copy his tires just in case because those definitely don't appear to be the issue.

No Pro driver runs a previously-untested-by-him tire for the first time in a Worlds final without being heavily influenced by their largest source of income, their chassis sponsor. It rings even more true imo when AKA doesn't mention X-Ray or Hudy by name, only his "chassis sponsor" in their statement.

My thoughts exactly.

Purely speculating, but I think aka is taking a stand against sponsor 'a' making choices (out of desperation) that negatively effect or appear to effect sponsor 'b'.
More so than taking a stand personally against Bayer.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1
The Pro-lines on Ty's car at the end of the race still had over half the tread while 2nd and 3rd (AKA tires) were balder than me. I can see the red foams thru them. Obviously AKA doesn't have as good of a tire for the concrete track as Pro-line does with this X compound. I have always ran AKA but if I have an abrasive track to run on then the X compound will be tried.
Just for perspective, Ty (and I assume Martin) were running Fugitives in X1 compound. Something that neither you nor I can get.

AKA's hardest tire is their Medium compound, as they discontinued Hard some time ago. They did not bring a special compound for this race.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pdpower
You said it, apparent....
But on the positive side of things, we are now both in a good mood with so much comedy!
haha, agreed
Old 10-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

"Update: A final response from AKA’s Mark Pavidis:"

A cut-and-paste headline from the comments section of the NeoBuggy M. Bayer response article. Full response may be read there.

[Edit. Actually I see now it is directly under the M. Bayer article,]
Old 10-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Update from Pavidis is on Neo.... Pressure from Xray to run another tire. Like I said back on page 4, there's more to it. No need for people with no idea what happened to jump on anyone....
Old 10-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

That was some funny chit when Mark said, "we never asked Martin to try a different Chassis"
Hilarious
Old 10-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Where's the popcorn!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Xray has spent millions to create the perfect car. It has to be something other than driver/chassis that is keeping the car from the WC win.... ummmkay..... blame it on the tires! thats it.... The WC winning tires have to be the problem. The only NON WC winning item is the chassis and the driver...lol I think it sucks that the chassis spponsor has so much say on the "other" equipment a driver uses. I guess we will see Hudy Tires made by pirelli in the future. That will guarantee the WC in 2016.... u heard it hear first...LMAO
Old 10-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Imbue
Just for perspective, Ty (and I assume Martin) were running Fugitives in X1 compound. Something that neither you nor I can get.

AKA's hardest tire is their Medium compound, as they discontinued Hard some time ago. They did not bring a special compound for this race.
ty wouldhave had the same result on x1 diamond backs or blockades.. boots ran this tire a month before the worlds,its not a special tire,its just a new tread thats not out yet...i think bayer knew his car would suck after 30mins on medium aka's like wheelers car..but seems the aka's got better once they went to slicks in the final
Old 10-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by underway
Xray has spent millions to create the perfect car. It has to be something other than driver/chassis that is keeping the car from the WC win.... ummmkay..... blame it on the tires! thats it.... The WC winning tires have to be the problem. The only NON WC winning item is the chassis and the driver...lol I think it sucks that the chassis spponsor has so much say on the "other" equipment a driver uses. I guess we will see Hudy Tires made by pirelli in the future. That will guarantee the WC in 2016.... u heard it hear first...LMAO
ROFL on the pirelli :P they are also gonna spontaneously blow up when pushed (2013 F1). And of course cost 100$ a pair.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
ty wouldhave had the same result on x1 diamond backs or blockades.. boots ran this tire a month before the worlds,its not a special tire,its just a new tread thats not out yet...i think bayer knew his car would suck after 30mins on medium aka's like wheelers car..but seems the aka's got better once they went to slicks in the final
I am speaking about the X1 compound specifically. It is not available to the public.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by underway
I guess we will see Hudy Tires made by pirelli in the future. That will guarantee the WC in 2016.... u heard it hear first...LMAO

I can see it now, "Hudy is proud to announce our range of Luxury Monocoque Royal RC tires, milled from a single piece of billet rubber on our nano precision swiss-german-austrian-slovakian cnc robot, the compound developed by D.A.R.P.A on commission from hudy"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.