Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MBX7

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longrcnitro
My sons 7 is stock, we checked the front camber and it is 2deg. neg. I did purchase some extra washers, they are 1mm thick and we will use them to fine tune the front camber if needed.
Thanks. I need to double check the rims I was using. Maybe its time to glue up a couple CD's to check camber.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
I noticed a lot of set ups have the steering plate reversed, what is the purpose of that
I thought it was to tame down the steering.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone else had fuel tank issues that cause the car to flood out immediately after fuel stops? This problem popped up this weekend at a regional points race, and plagued a few other X7 drivers.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LightningStruck
Has anyone else had fuel tank issues that cause the car to flood out immediately after fuel stops? This problem popped up this weekend at a regional points race, and plagued a few other X7 drivers.
When I was building my kit, a good friend advised me to do the following
pressure line : coming from the pipe put a loop in the pressure line, after the loop put a fuel filter in without the screen or stone, then plug into the tank.

I did that and didn't have any issues with my engine after pits this weekend. I'm not a fluid / gas dynamics engineer but my understanding is this allows the pressure to equalize and gives the fuel a place to sit if it get pushed back into the pressure line when the fuel lid is snapped close with out blocking the line.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think it has more to do with the lid causing excess pressure in the tank, and forcing more fuel to the carb.. But I may be wrong. I'll try experimenting with some stuff. It does seem more prevalent when pushing the fuel window. What baffles me the most however, is the fact I've NEVER had this problem before this weekend.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Is this problem with the updated tank?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Yes I have had a bit of that, not always flames out but goes noticably rich after fueling, I will try the empty fuel filter in the pressure line and see if there is a difference...or is it a rich lsn setting, going to try the BUKU cap to see if it helps the lsn/idle tune.

Is anyone running a B6 pro in there 7?... What is your fuel ecomomy like?..one of the tracks I race at you're on the gas a lot and i'd be lucky to get 8 minutes on a tank, and thats driving to not use too much fuel, home track is more technical and good for 9 minute tanks, my Werks team mate with a XB9 does the same lap times but gets a minute longer tanks, is the mugen thirstier on gas than other buggys.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rsickles
that is the weak spot on the rear imo..i have bent mine on the 7…luckily not that much..so i could bend it straight in a vice again. on the 6R i have broken that version of this part. it breaks right where it gets machined out. it does take a very specific tumble/hit to bend/break that though. i noticed the bend on my 7 the one day when i was rebuilding. and saw some play in the rear arm even though the spacers were there. The toe insert was torn a bit and it seemed like the hinge pin and all transferred all the stress through to the rear/front mount there…and bent it forward on the one side. i guess it happens when someone rear-ends you smack bang on the arm or something. The rear brace/ mount is strong though.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
that is the weak spot on the rear imo..i have bent mine on the 7…luckily not that much..so i could bend it straight in a vice again. on the 6R i have broken that version of this part. it breaks right where it gets machined out. it does take a very specific tumble/hit to bend/break that though. i noticed the bend on my 7 the one day when i was rebuilding. and saw some play in the rear arm even though the spacers were there. The toe insert was torn a bit and it seemed like the hinge pin and all transferred all the stress through to the rear/front mount there…and bent it forward on the one side. i guess it happens when someone rear-ends you smack bang on the arm or something. The rear brace/ mount is strong though.
Interesting as i bent one of those as well but i was doing some wall rides after racing and came down hardish on the back wheels I think to do it.
tryed to bend mine back at the track but broke it
Old 05-20-2013, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Same here... Qualified into the semis at our national and flamed after every pitstop because of that, I couldn't drive the main final.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
Same here... Qualified into the semis at our national and flamed after every pitstop because of that, I couldn't drive the main final.
What clutch setup are you using with your speed?
Old 05-20-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Are you guys boiling your arms prior to building? I have some people telling me here locally to boil my arms. Just curious
Old 05-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
What clutch setup are you using with your speed?
The JVD / ascendancy one with a 13t clutch bell. Has a lot of power with 1.0mm spring.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin_M
Are you guys boiling your arms prior to building? I have some people telling me here locally to boil my arms. Just curious
mbx 7 definitely stronger in that department than the 6. arms arent as brittle.. i think they might have updated the plastic compound.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by beidle99
When I was building my kit, a good friend advised me to do the following
pressure line : coming from the pipe put a loop in the pressure line, after the loop put a fuel filter in without the screen or stone, then plug into the tank.

I did that and didn't have any issues with my engine after pits this weekend. I'm not a fluid / gas dynamics engineer but my understanding is this allows the pressure to equalize and gives the fuel a place to sit if it get pushed back into the pressure line when the fuel lid is snapped close with out blocking the line.
Could you post a picture of your car?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.