Team C Racing's T8 Nitro Buggy!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C Racing's T8 Nitro Buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 11:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Buggy is ready, it went together very well. Went with the box stock setup other then the pistons, springs and shock fluid.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Ran the T8v3 for the first time today, it felt good after a few tanks to get the drive train and suspension free. Had to make a few changes to the setup. Added more rear toe and moved the hubs forward and dropped the rear links to the bottom hole on the tower. Also, added some camber and took some droop out. The cars got a lot of suspension travel and tons of steering. Still need to find some more rear traction, the track was dusty today and if you got out of the groove you were doing donuts. I ran 3rd all day and my fast lap was there with the top two but all it takes is a few mistakes to bump you down the list.

Last edited by destroyer 210; 03-26-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Missing word
Old 03-25-2017, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

add weight to the rear....sticky tire weights just under the rear center drive line..i added about 21 grms. Also watch your tires.....if your buring rears faster than front, lower center diff..i ran 2k in the center up until v3. Rear springs get the old losi greens and the rear should be hooked up with that

Also go back up on the inner camber link on the tower to gain traction...rear
Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

My son and I just acquired a used T8V3 in very good condition. Yesterday was it's first day at a local track and was hooked up great during practice. First qualifier front axle popped out of the drive cup, fixed it got back in the race and it happened again. Got it back to the pits and looking at it the axle pins are right at the ends of the drive cups, especially bad on the right side. That ended our racing for the day!

My son contacted a few Team C drivers last night to see if this is a common problem, got some response, one said we needed 98mm axles (stock ones are 95.5). I think these are drive axles for the 1/10th 4wd car. I found them online and ordered them, hope they will work!

Anyone else have this issue with the T8V3?
Old 09-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Sorry about the huge pic! Best I could do at the moment. This is at 100mm droop. This outdrive is actually one from a center diff, had to replace the one that was in it at the time it was popping out and was all I had at the moment. Kinda got chewed up badly! But they both are the same length so you can see where the pin for the dogbone sits. I changed the droop to 98mm and is a little better (not much) but will be better still with the 98mm axles. See also where the lower arm got chewed up a bit. The rear axles (94mm) also sit out towards the end of the outdrives but not as bad but I plan on using the 95.5 front axles on the back to move them in a bit.

Car is tight, no slop or bad bearings. I have a Mugen MBX7 and the pins on the axles sit more to the middle of the outdrives. I knew these would be a problem when we got the car.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Good news we got the 98mm axles today! Bad news they won't work!
The CVD and ball ends are smaller. These are for the TS4 4wd SC.

Anyone need a couple of axles for their SC? Make a good deal!
Old 05-04-2018, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Team C

Is Team C still in business? I like to run something a little different from everyone else. I ran GS when they were in business. Team C looks like solid designs.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BrettL
Is Team C still in business? I like to run something a little different from everyone else. I ran GS when they were in business. Team C looks like solid designs.
I really wish GS was still around I would have loved to see what they would have come out with.

I almost got the Team C gt car a few years ago but never pulled the trigger. I think it was on Amain at that time but I dont see them anymore for whatever that is worth.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
Sorry about the huge pic! Best I could do at the moment. This is at 100mm droop. This outdrive is actually one from a center diff, had to replace the one that was in it at the time it was popping out and was all I had at the moment. Kinda got chewed up badly! But they both are the same length so you can see where the pin for the dogbone sits. I changed the droop to 98mm and is a little better (not much) but will be better still with the 98mm axles. See also where the lower arm got chewed up a bit. The rear axles (94mm) also sit out towards the end of the outdrives but not as bad but I plan on using the 95.5 front axles on the back to move them in a bit.

Car is tight, no slop or bad bearings. I have a Mugen MBX7 and the pins on the axles sit more to the middle of the outdrives. I knew these would be a problem when we got the car.
​​​​​​My t8T truggy front dog bone are sit at the edge of the cup too, i saw a new batch of the dogbone are longer (older 132mm newer one are 133). Never popped mine, limiting the droop are the only solution, unless you got longer dogbone to replace. Maybe check a new batch of cvd part if they have update it.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Does anyone knows where I can find spare parts for the T8v3 buggy? Thanks in advance
Old 11-13-2019, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by manuelargentina
Does anyone knows where I can find spare parts for the T8v3 buggy? Thanks in advance
https://teamcusa.us/ everything is still available