Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C Racing's T8 Nitro Buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking to sell a complete roller with a spare almost complete roller and spate parts. It is a v2 that is in good condition. Will get it cleaned up and post some pictures on here soon.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:12 AM
rcq
Tech Adept

Hello
I am interesting to heare some review about T8. The most I am interesting how did this buggy stand neare the other buggy's. Now I have Seprent, but we have very bumpy track and now I am trying to do this chasis more stable, but not succcesfull. So now I am looking to try other buggy and Team-c is the most easey and fastest way to get for me. So the most I am interesting to know how do this buggy stands neare the AE, HB, Mugen brand? How did he run on bumpy track? Can I expect more forgiven chassy. Or it can be the same like Serpent and I will have to fight with him like and Serpent.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it is a nice and a good car, well made, you will not be disappointed, certainly not after a Serpent car!

Last edited by speedy2; 07-10-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Initiate

This car is some kind of "ideas fusion"- mugen rear/losi front end. Handling is very predictible but thanks c-hub style front end it isn't boring and have more turn-in. Quality is good, look at 38 page. You can find there everything about durability and wear issues http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-buggy-38.html .
Old 06-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the only raison I don't run the car, is because I really don't like the excessive wear/play
I see appearing in the front arms/kick-up plates of a friend's car.. is that still so with the V3 cnc kick-up plate?

Last edited by speedy2; 06-27-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

What replacement/aftermarket bodies are available for the TR8 buggy? Can't find anything on amain.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a T8V3 roller with a good bit of spare and only 6 races on it for sale. I'm asking $200 shipped. I will post pictures later this week after I clean it and reassemble it from the rebuild. Nitro just isn't for me anymore.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedy2
As I said, the only raison I did't run the car, is because I really don't like the excessive wear/play
I see appearing in the front arms/kick-up plates of a friend's car.. is that still so with the V3 cnc kick-up plate?
The front suspension plate is 7075 aircraft aluminum and hard-anodized, so if your friend's car is showing wear, that's all it is. A few somersaults can cause some premature wear on any car.

The plastics are softer than most, making the car more forgiving in bumpy conditions, and less likely to bind when dirty, or break in crashes. The front arms can be flipped over and used on the opposing side if they develop a bow and have not overstretched at the hinge-pin hole.

No offense intended to you Speedy, but if I didn't personally run the car, I would not jump into the forum to make comments about the wear characteristics. There are enough actual users of the Team C cars willing to give objective responses to new inquiries.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyJ
The front suspension plate is 7075 aircraft aluminum and hard-anodized, so if your friend's car is showing wear, that's all it is. A few somersaults can cause some premature wear on any car.

The plastics are softer than most, making the car more forgiving in bumpy conditions, and less likely to bind when dirty, or break in crashes. The front arms can be flipped over and used on the opposing side if they develop a bow and have not overstretched at the hinge-pin hole.

No offense intended to you Speedy, but if I didn't personally run the car, I would not jump into the forum to make comments about the wear characteristics. There are enough actual users of the Team C cars willing to give objective responses to new inquiries.
Agreed! This car doesn't develop as much slop as the Losi comes with out of the box. Personally Owning one it is a great car and very durable. It has tons of steering and is very stable platform. I've ran it 6 races and ran it hard and car is still solid. I'm sure if you crash a lot or have bad crashes parts will wear. That's part of the Hobby, even $1000000000000 Kyoshos develop slop. The plastic is softer then most but out of my T8E and T8V3 I have yet to break a single part. The T8E has quite a few races on it.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Everyone replacing the shock o-rings with stock replacements? Pulled some leaky shocks apart to find some pretty firm o-rings.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

I have always used stock shock o-rings. Just use lot of AE green slime during every shock rebuild and make sure that shock boots are in good shape and keeps dirt outside . In my cars I have transparent o-rings.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Sounds good. I'll look for the clear o-rings. I rebuilt my shocks with losi's latest 3.0 boot and they seem to fit nice. They are self retained on the bottom of the boot vs pinching between the shock end and spring cup.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Hopefully by the weekend i will be building the new T8V3 Nitro Buggy
Old 07-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROSCOE
Everyone replacing the shock o-rings with stock replacements? Pulled some leaky shocks apart to find some pretty firm o-rings.
The #T08679 contains the softer clear silicone o-rings, plus plastic washers; enough to rebuild an entire set of four T8 shocks.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Just ordered my T8V3 nitro buggy today. Very excited to build this buggy. Bobby Smith we need to get these things built so we can do some testing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.