Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

HAHAHA. Jon, that's great! You're just a very easy target.

I'd start making fun of your paintjob too, but I don't have any room to talk.

Seal - Very funny, better hope she doesn't read RCTech! I've actually been with the same girl for a long time now (by my standards) and she hasn't gotten tired of me being gone all the time yet.

I learned a good pick up line by racing toy cars all throughout high school:

"I've been racing longer than I've been hanging out with you. You're never going to take over as a priority".

I'm only 21, I've got a ways to go yet.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

aaron

what clutch spring setup would you recomend for the 8

i am running on a mid bite track, it is large, say 150 x 100

i am using an os vg with jp3 pipe...

my first race i used kit shoes and springs....i read that adam recomended one set lighter than that....

also is there a spec to help decide when the shoes are junk????

i hope that is enough info

MAtt
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Mr Losi, go one step softer on the kit recomended clutch setup.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

mr. losi - Try gold springs on the blue aluminum shoes, and and green springs on the carbon shoes. That's the setup Davidka was talking about.

There's not really a standard measurement to refer to when rebuilding your clutch. Compare the thickness of your warn shoes to brand new ones and use your judgement. It's probably best to replace them before your clutch starts slipping badly.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aaron is there any way to beef up the XXX-4s front? I've got problems with a large triple after a streight.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1349

Ask and ye shall receive!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

TAKE A PIECE OF CARBON FIBER AND SCREW IT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FRONT DIFF WITH TWO SCREWS TO THE CHASSIS AND TWO SCREWS IN THE DIFF COVERS JUST ABOVE THE ARM AND UNDER THE OUTDRIVE !!! DONT PUT TOO LONG OF SCREWS AND BE SURE TO PRETHREAD YOUR HOLES !!! ALSO MAKE YOURSELF A LEXAN FRONT BUMPER AND THE CAR WILL JUMP BETTER AND LAND BETTER THAN YOU HAVE EVER HAD IT DO BEFORE !!!!

Last edited by houston; 05-15-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

david and aaron

thanks...that is what i did...i will try it this weekend

Matt
Old 05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

Aaron i want to know if losi is quitting racing. thats has been the big talk at my track.Are losi parts wall is very scary looking, especially in the tire department.every things on back order. Whats up? I heard they are letting go a ton of there drivers, and even rumors that there will be no losi drivers at offroad world's?? is this true. With tires and parts becoming scarce and travis no longer running and gil losi jr. leaving, it seems like this is becoming true.

I cant imagine what the racing industry will be like with losi not die hard into the racing part

thanks for your time
Johnny Chase
Old 05-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

part of that is not true. Losi just signed Truhe through 2010. They might be letting go some of the drivers that havent been producing, but that is something expected.

Whats funny, is i heard 1 month ago that truhe was going to odonnels, peanut to AE and drake to Kyosho. Its funny to me because i cant see it happening, plus peanut went to hpi/hotbodies not AE.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default tank capacity

HI, I am running in a pro series race and was wondering if I took the tank plugs out of my 8ight and 8ight-t if that would make them not legal?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

houston - That kind of post is not necessary.

mr. losi - That's the clutch setup I've been running for a long time now. It works great.

johnny boy - The internet is a rumor machine, I haven't heard anything from a source I would trust. Losi's continued development of the 8IGHT and 8IGHT-T, and the new JRX-S Type R shows that Losi is serious about racing.

Jr. and Travis both had the chance to pursue phenomenal opportunities in their own personal careers, and they will do great things for this hobby. With drivers like Adam Drake, Mike Truhe, Jesse Robbers, Todd Hodge, Mike Dumas, and the rest of Losi's championship-winning race team, I'm very excited for the rest of 2007 and the years ahead.

As for the parts and tires on backorder, I'm not sure what has happened to cause that. I would like to think it's due to overwhelming demand...haha.

sracer - You can take out the blocks inside the tank and still remain at the legal tank capacity limits for ROAR, RC Pro, and IFMAR. If you plan on using an external fuel filter, you will need to use those blocks inside the tank to displace the extra volume.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnny boy
Aaron i want to know if losi is quitting racing. thats has been the big talk at my track.Are losi parts wall is very scary looking, especially in the tire department.every things on back order. Whats up? I heard they are letting go a ton of there drivers, and even rumors that there will be no losi drivers at offroad world's?? is this true. With tires and parts becoming scarce and travis no longer running and gil losi jr. leaving, it seems like this is becoming true.

I cant imagine what the racing industry will be like with losi not die hard into the racing part

thanks for your time
Johnny Chase
I don't agree with this. They are soon to be releasing some small new parts for the 8B and 8T. Some are already available. I think there is a high demand for parts and kits that they can't keep up with. Probably other manufactures would have the same problem if they had the same high demand for the product. Problem is, they don't have the demand right now, just the supply.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you don't break, you shouldn't need parts
Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
If you don't break, you shouldn't need parts
But they're driving a Losi so that's not really an option.

Sorry Aaron. That was just too good to pass up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.