Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Don - I'd like to make it back out there again before the move. Been making in a point to practice a lot lately.

I think the move will be really good for the shop and the track. A total pain in the butt, but Dan has a lot of really good ideas that he'll be able to build from the ground up.

When I was at the Pit on Friday, I ran M2 Crime Fighters all day. I haven't seen any situation where the Bow Tie was considerably better than the Crime Fighter, to a point where it was necessary to run it. They definitely drive different, and since they seem to free up the car a bit, they're better on the non-Losi buggies? I'm not sure. The handful of times I've run them, I really didn't think they were that great.

With that said, the locals out there predict the track will be much better than the day I was there (all the rain they had brought the sand up to the surface of the track) and the guess would probably be M2 or M3 Crime Fighters and the same for Bow Ties. Truhe ran M3 Crime Fighters and really liked them on Friday.

losi09 - Yup. I've e-mailed them a bunch of times and haven't heard anything back. Ugh.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

*bump*
Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Hey aaraon that sucks about ur acount on myspace. Thats myspace for u yea.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

No big deal. It's just myspace!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey Aaron sorry i didnt hook up with you friday or saturday. but as you saw i was pretty busy trying to get the track runable friday and consistent and saturday i was racing and watching the wind blow. maybe at the challenge we can get time to meet up. hope you guys like the facility, i'm part of it in it coming to be, but i offer my help as much as i can.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't stay for Saturday...drove home Friday night. Make sure to come introduce yourself at the race, for sure! I'm very easy to spot...haha.

I absolutely loved it. The track was awesome, the facility is great, the whole thing is too cool. I'm jealous!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

That is very true it just mypsace. Hey Aaron have u been down to family hobbies? it is in santee its a small 1/10 scall track but it is fun at the same time. If u have not be there u should come down some time.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
I've seen it, it's pretty cool! Unfortunately, I don't know if any pictures exist on the internet.

Found this on yahoo

and this
it was a old link to losi web sites 2wd gallery

Dont't try this at home! Richard Trujillo (Team Losi's race team manager) gave up trying to beat the team drivers that he helps out every day. Apparently Richard has heard the old phrase "If it don't go, chrome it!" The Double-X 'CR' pictured here is totally chrome. While it may look cool, I doubt that this car will ever see the day when it gets run. You've seen what can happen to chrome-plated wheels when you run them, right? I would imagine there would be chrome flakes all over the track — especially the way Richard drives!

http://www.teamlosi.com/limelite/2wd.htm

Last edited by Tim W.; 02-06-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
I didn't stay for Saturday...drove home Friday night. Make sure to come introduce yourself at the race, for sure! I'm very easy to spot...haha.

I absolutely loved it. The track was awesome, the facility is great, the whole thing is too cool. I'm jealous!
HI AARON,

WOULD REQUIRES YOUR EXPERTISE REGARDING PROBLEM WITH MY LOSI8. I RAN IT FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY AND AFTER ABOUT 5 TANKS, THE CAR FEELS LIKE A 2 WHEEL DRIVE BUGGY AND I WAS SHOCK TO FIND OUT THAT THE PIN ON THE CENTER FRONT CV DRIVESHAFT ASSY CAME OUT.

I HAVE TRY TO PUT BACK THE PIN BACK BUT IS TOO LOSE. THE ONLY WAY TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM IS TO CHANGE A NEW ONE. THE PART NUMBER IS LOSA3526.

REGARDS.

KELVIN
Old 02-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

losi09 - Unfortunately, I haven't been down to Family yet, not even to check it out. I suppose I'll make my way down there...someday...haha.

It's awesome to hear about a good facility in San Diego County again, and I know of a lot of racers I've known for a long time have been racing out there.

Tim - Awesome, that's it!

SEADOO - Did you make sure to line up the notch in the pin so that the set screw can hold it in? And use loctite? Loctite's really important for joints like that.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you clean everything well with brake clean, use good locktite and make sure the flat on the pin is ligned up you should never loose a pin. I don't run any shrink wrap on my pins and haven't lost one in 2.5 gallons
Old 02-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Suspended

just for reference incase you've never had a 1\8 before your 8ight, that loctite is extremely important in multiple areas of the car, or else everything not coated with loctite will vibrate itself to it's demise...pay close attention to anything that requires or you think will require loctite.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

As a general rule (although obviously not ALWAYS necessary, some stuff needs to move):

Anything that threads into metal needs a drop of loctite.

Anything that threads into plastic needs a drop of CA glue.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a picture of some really cool stuff Phil Craver sent me. He found out I was a big Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon fan!
Old 02-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Post Hi Aaron.....

have you had any luck with Losi yet with regards my parts problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.