Wiki Posts
Search

What should be my next truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
No the xt8 is going to stay the same (2009 specs) for 2010. They dont need to change it to tell you the truth. Its a great truck.

As for the tamiya, I always loved tamiya stuff...Im very curious as to how that thing drives but the only downside is the 15mm shocks. Every other kits has 16mm big bores. But ya Lutz is kickin a$$ with it but hes an excellent driver.
Mugen is also 15mm.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
WOW that is pretty crazy that a owner of a large company like Odonnell would actually take the time to talk to the end user on the phone, that says alot about there product!!!
Yeah i'm the dad steve talked to & what's more incredible is he gave me his office & cell # & said if i'm at the track having problems w/ setup or whatever to call him. I have never received that kind of service anywhere . My next truggy will be o'donnell .
Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pyromania
Are you kidding me, Jammin cvd pins have the highest wear of anything I've ever seen. To add to that, you have to buy the whole damn cvd when it comes time to replace.
Hmm . We must be the exception . Between my sons x2 & my x2 crt we raced just about every weekend for the last 5 months & only replaced the rear outdrives on his buggy due to wear. As a matter of fact my front & center shafts have 2 race seasons on them. Now he did bend a couple shafts & i bent a rear shaft but no pin wear . Kinda makes me not want to replace any shafts but i guess as long as they are good i won't.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romax
Hmm . We must be the exception . Between my sons x2 & my x2 crt we raced just about every weekend for the last 5 months & only replaced the rear outdrives on his buggy due to wear. As a matter of fact my front & center shafts have 2 race seasons on them. Now he did bend a couple shafts & i bent a rear shaft but no pin wear . Kinda makes me not want to replace any shafts but i guess as long as they are good i won't.

some people's opinion of worn out or sloppy is Just fine and dandy to another.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Here we go again integra. You drive a losi so you know all about slop. Should i post pics. so i can gain your approval ? Since i am a certified master technician since 1984 ,have been mantaining mx race bikes , a sport where if something goes wrong my rider/son goes to the hospital . I think i know the difference between a good part & a bad part. You go ahead & be a keyboard cowboy & i'll just have fun racing my toy.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default truggy

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Looking at getting a new truggy for next racing season, money is not an issue. PLEASE HELP!!!! To many to choose from>>>

you know what they say about opinons, but i have a 8ight t 2.0, but i am telling you for the money you can not beat the new d8t, 2 of my buddies have this truck and i have driven both, it is absolutley the best driving truggy i have ever had a hold of !!! hard to explain but the way they turn,,,, it's almost magical ha ha. and for the record, if you were thinking about the rc8t
dont waste your money, i am a huge associated fan but their truggy,,, well it's way over rated