R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   What should be my next truggy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/351656-what-should-my-next-truggy.html)

Potoczak 12-13-2009 08:22 PM

What should be my next truggy?

Looking at getting a new truggy for next racing season, money is not an issue. PLEASE HELP!!!! To many to choose from>>>:confused::confused:

JAMMINKRAZY 12-13-2009 08:25 PM

Losi!:nod:

bigde2001 12-13-2009 08:29 PM

i love my mbx6t

tc5 man 12-13-2009 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Potoczak (Post 6715672)
Looking at getting a new truggy for next racing season, money is not an issue. PLEASE HELP!!!! To many to choose from>>>:confused::confused:

i thought u were getting the rc8t

Potoczak 12-14-2009 03:54 AM

i was going to get the rc8t ce but it has been on backorder for so long i am keeping my options open. i might have to go with something else....

DOMIT 12-14-2009 03:55 AM

Hmmmm... where's my popcorn? Time for all the Fanbois to come out of the woodwork.

Seriously, pick something with parts available at your local hobby shop.

Or plan to keep parts on hand. EVERYONE breaks SOMETHING once in a while, even the pros.

Frank L 12-14-2009 06:02 AM

Theere are really only 2 choices left if you canned the ae truck and that's losi or mugen. Either are great trucks and always perform well on the track. The tracks I race on are dominated by losi and I have been driving a 2.0T since march when they came out it has not let me down. But either losi or mugen and you can't go wrong.

DOMIT 12-14-2009 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6716978)
Theere are really only 2 choices left if you canned the ae truck and that's losi or mugen. Either are great trucks and always perform well on the track. The tracks I race on are dominated by losi and I have been driving a 2.0T since march when they came out it has not let me down. But either losi or mugen and you can't go wrong.

Not true. The 2009 spec XRAY is also a top-level choice... More durable (from a WEAR perspective) than the Losi. (They're all pretty tough regarding breakage.)

The Mugen will wear less than the Losi. XRAY drivetrain components last much longer than any of the others.

All 3 of those are very agile and reasonably tough.

The Hotbodies D8 isn't too bad either, for a racer on a budget.

awdcameolsx 12-14-2009 06:11 AM

D8T. So easy to drive and be aggressive with. Best handling truggy I have tried. I just switched from mugen and am happy with the quality of the new hot bodies kits.

Franchise 12-14-2009 07:46 AM

Here are my choices. Strickly opinion.

1. DBT Why? The Price, the aftermarket and a very competitive truck. Probably the best value out there.
2. MBX6T Why? Descent price, great quality just overall great truck.
3. XrayxT8 Why. The one at our track kicks a$$ and quality is probably the best but that price tag is hard for me to eat. GeeZ
4. 8T2.0 Why? This truck makes everyone a better driver but it's pricey. On top of the price i've seen to many rear diffs and throttle servo's fail at the track. If i'm going to pay that much it better be nearly bullet proof. (hint: MBX6T/xT8)
4. Tamiya Why? I haven't heard a lot about this truck yet but lutz makes it look good.
5. RC8T. Sorry I just don't see these around here anymore.

Just like everywhere else, everyone here switched to the 2.0t but we have had a few recently switch to the MBX6T.

Oh, I drive the MBX6T. I love it. A very very capable truck without needing a smart diff:grin:

Integra 12-14-2009 08:00 AM

Ive seen multiple 6T rear diff's fail at the races over the past couple month's......throttle servo's No...but that is 100% User Error...Nothing to do with the truck or radio....ALL USER.

the Xt8 is over priced and people hold it on this plateau that it does NOT deserve....how many overall wins does xray have over Losi or Ae.....No where NEAR as many.

quality of parts yes the Xray might be a bit better...but its not like they are Unbreakable/unwearable parts.,...stuff needs replacing like every other car out there and parts are A lot more expensive compared to other brands on the market.

Frank L 12-14-2009 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 6716991)
Not true. The 2009 spec XRAY is also a top-level choice... More durable (from a WEAR perspective) than the Losi. (They're all pretty tough regarding breakage.)

The Mugen will wear less than the Losi. XRAY drivetrain components last much longer than any of the others.

All 3 of those are very agile and reasonably tough.

The Hotbodies D8 isn't too bad either, for a racer on a budget.

Hey I thought you said you were going to kick back and enjoy the show. Couldn't stop yourself... Well I agree I did moss one glad you didn't just watch. Haha. :)
but which one is the best??

miket3 12-14-2009 08:36 AM

XT8 2009

I have 2 truggy's converted from nitro to Elec. I race with 6 other guys that all run E truggy's.

We ALL started with the 2.0 and all but one have left it. It's wear rate is not the best. We have x-ray, RC8T, MBX6T, and even a caster in our group now.Any of the first 3 can win with the right set up and the right driver. My son and I run the 2 x-rays and couldn't be happier. I can get any part I need from A-main.

I don't intend for my post to be a Losi basher, just spreaking from experience from more than one experience.

As far as the x-ray not winning more than AE,Losi..that might be a true statement, but as most know If those guys winning drove a shoe box with wheels, they would still win.

good luck with your new truggy and enjoy racing.

Hammer

MötleyRöx 12-14-2009 08:39 AM

Vintage Rebuild!
And... seeing that you set no qualifiers... it fits in your "truggy" category. ;)

Check this out... he even took the paint off!
http://www.vintagercweb.com/fox_runner.html

DOMIT 12-14-2009 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6717408)
Hey I thought you said you were going to kick back and enjoy the show. Couldn't stop yourself... Well I agree I did moss one glad you didn't just watch. Haha. :)
but which one is the best??

Tough call. All 3 are great trucks. Pick the one with local parts support and if you have friends that drive the same one to help with setup that's always good. I'd drive any of the 3.

MY choice, in order, would be XT8, MBX-6T, and 8ight-T 2.0 but that is just my preference.